Autopsy Round 20, 2021 | Autopsy vs Geelong

Frank Thring

Premiership Player
Mar 3, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Some of the posts in here are hilarious.

Geelong are sh12t ….. yeah equal top constantly play finals. Good observation.

Oh but we (North) had players out. Yeah good observation. Cameron Duncan Henderson Miers. Those 4 might just squeeze into our best side (and yours)

The umpires blah blah

The Cats game style …… how many Cats games have you lot watched. Top 2-3 most attacking teams in the Comp - second highest % - best defence. Good observation.

You lot will be a good side and are on the right track. But a bit more of a balanced approach to your opposition assessment wouldn’t hurt.

Good luck for the remaining games.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I have to say, this is a fair post. I watch a lot of Geelong games as my mum is a cats fanatic and they can play different game styles. Today they chose to play an extra around the ball while we sacrificed that extra man to play him down back (Jack). It turned into a defensive game because of how both sides set up.

I would also like to say to you Jumping Jack that some of the comments on your own board could do with some balance in their view of the oppos performance. Some of the shite been written on their makes ours look like plaudits.

Anyway for what it's worth, I think the Cats are a massive chance to win it as Geelong are great at adapting to the opposition and are thoroughly professional. Your coach is a flog though.

Good luck for the rest of the year.

Not suited for the wing at this stage, and a bit undersized for the link up marks.
Fair enough, I wouldn’t mind seeing one rotation though

Eggs11

All Australian
Jul 18, 2021
AFL Club
North Melbourne
That was a tedious game, but a good game plan by them. With a young list and our outs this week, we were always going to struggle to match their physicality in a grind. They did what they needed to do and had plenty left in the tank. Danger played forward for most of the game because they generally didn’t need him in the midfield. They went up a gear at the end and we physically couldn’t go with them.

Next year will be a different story.

Simpkin was enormous. Great that Ziebell now has built enough confidence that he is starting to go out looking to hurt the opposition. With him, Jed and Zurhaar next year, opposition teams will not feel safe anywhere on the park. Great (proper) debut by Ford. He and Taylor are very similar players and I can see them rotating with Stephenson through the wing/ half forward for the next decade. Atu had some defensive lapses, but also had some great contests and rebounds including his first goal. He has officially forced his way into this team.

LDU is one preseason away from being a consistent 25+ possession winner who simply cannot be tackled. I’m thinking peak JPK with better skills. Next year is his year to explode. Comben had 5 scoring shots in the VFL today and will be a massive inclusion next year.

It’s very exciting that we have gone the distance with the top team and really only lost due to a lack of physical maturity. 2022 is going to be bloody exciting.

He'll get his chance, actually did well a couple of times today when we got a turn over and he pushed up.
I cannot wait for the time he just goes fifa ball hog mode and burns everyone from full back. It will never happen but i can only fantasise

The Anvil

Club Legend
Oct 5, 2004
AFL Club
North Melbourne
When Bonar comes back could we play Atu on the wing? Just a thought as his defensive and attacking efforts are excellent and he can use his pace

Suspect we might be growing Atu into a similar role as Hall plays now.

Le Grille

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts Werewolf Player SFA Good Friday Appeal North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor North Melbourne - 2017 Junker and Wagner Player Sponsor Podcaster Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I cannot wait for the time he just goes fifa ball hog mode and burns everyone from full back. It will never happen but i can only fantasise
That’s my fifa tactic

Suspect we might be growing Atu into a similar role as Hall plays now.

Yeah I think that’s a big obvious, his skill set suit many positions

nj23

Senior List
Jan 24, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Endured about 15-20 mins listening on KRock. If I was a geelong supporter I would love it but if you want a neutral call you’ll wait for hell to freeze over. By comparison I thought the tv commentary with JBrown was in our corner which was fun for a change. Derwayne didn’t bother me.
So it looks like we are trying to get Polec to be able to play forward flank as well as wing, interested to see if it works but today wasn’t a great day for wingers.
Also thinking that rolling our ruck forward will be more successful when we have a second KPF to stretch a defence more effectively. Atm a defence can cover for it.
I thought Noble’s press conference summed up the game well: not enough i50 and scoreboard pressure and i50 poor decision making missing opportunities. As others said about zurhaar out it that structural change sort of looked like our players couldn’t fill the gap. Probably fair when we try to plug said gap with effectively a first gamer.

Agree re Stewart……..absolute class with and without the ball. Would love him at North. Does a great job every week
Cuts us apart every time. Really enjoy watching this guy most weeks. May eclipse Scarlett.

The most pleasing aspect for me was our defensive structure across the entire ground completely nullified an outfit renowned for their defensive structure.

McKay pwned Hawkins again, Ziebell was an animal in his attack on the man, Jy and LDU delivered again. Plenty of positives and some obvious negatives: decision making and execution was glaring at times and we are still 2 short in that department down back Lack of that 2nd aerial threat up forward is telling against the top sides who play a loose interceptor as Geelong do.

All said and done another step forward under the circumstances.
That’s the biggest improvement I’ve seen over the last month. We have a defensive structure that can stand up against very good attacks and support our corridor style of play. Full credit to Noble and the coaches.

The back six need a little bit of work still, but the ability of re-jigged players in the backhalf and the defensive application of young kids across the ground is first rate. Compare that to West Coast atm, they are not working hard enough both ways and it shows.

Sticksphat

Team Captain
Mar 23, 2018
FNQ
AFL Club
North Melbourne
O
One of out biggest issues is the oppo intercepting our short passes, so if we don't kick it, problem solved.

Apr 24, 2011
Greek Islands
AFL Club
North Melbourne
In years gone by the bottom team would have been consistently slapped around by the top teams. We haven’t really this year which either shows the the gap between top and bottom isn’t that much or the top teams aren’t really that elite like in other era’s. Apart from some poor disposal when kicking to teammates in the ‘corridor’ we we’re solid and composed. Our defensive effort over 4 qtrs was very good, it kept us in the game for 3 and a half qtrs. Geelong are a very experienced side and it’s no disgrace to lose to them today. It’s all or nothing for them this year, how long can they keep topping up trying to stay top 4 without getting the ultimate prize. Eventually they will be overtaken.

Its a Process

All Australian
Mar 28, 2011
Nsw
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Seriously hard game to watch but I'd imagine the learnings a young team will get from that will be of greater benefit than the previous week, especially with the injuries.

Geelong have found a method to combat zone/web defences and it is seriously effective, no matter how hard it is to watch. I hope the Geelong faithful enjoyed that, because I reckon they've got 1 more year of beating us and then it's going to be seriously 1 way traffic from 2023 onwards. Major positives were BMac, Jy, LDU, Kayne and Eddie showed a heap in his first game.

Couldn't see any negatives, was interested to see the decision to play Polec half forward, not sure it will work in the long run but good to see Nobes continue to innovate, everything else he has touched has turned to gold.

Intothewind

Team Captain
Jan 1, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Not a bad day. Got to see a bit of the VDL at Arden St before watching the seniors on tv.

VFL..yes wow Comben and Edwards, but what really stood out was how the other senior listed players were totally focusing on specific roles. Eg Hayden lockdown back pocket, Bonar link up defender etc etc.. just seems like we are right on track across the whole organisation at the moment. In Brady we trust .

We very neatly beat Geelong which is amazing really given we are 18th and they are getting ready for a flag assault. How quick do the media turn, I think Browny said we have three AA midfielders in Jy, LDU and WP.

We turned it over a lot in the corridor but we are becoming a whole of ground team and that's exciting for the future. Also as the commentary and Noble mentioned we are getting much more alert to turnovers and defending them better. Not sure if that's good or bad... we turn it over so much we are now elite at defending the turnover?

Thought Eddie Ford was going to have a fairly average debut but his last quarter was brilliant. Very excited by that.

I also love that the commentators have totally forgotten T Powell even though we all know he's the best of the lot and will dominate for a decade.

Loved Jy"s game.

Looking forward to seeing TT back against the Tigers.

On Pixel 4a using BigFooty.com mobile app

Le Grille

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts Werewolf Player SFA Good Friday Appeal North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor North Melbourne - 2017 Junker and Wagner Player Sponsor Podcaster Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Again this is such a soft year in terms of a dominant club, I reckon anyone in the top 8 will fancy themselves

B4Bear

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 6, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Perhaps you should do
Some of the posts in here are hilarious.

Geelong are sh12t ….. yeah equal top constantly play finals. Good observation.

Oh but we (North) had players out. Yeah good observation. Cameron Duncan Henderson Miers. Those 4 might just squeeze into our best side (and yours)

The umpires blah blah

The Cats game style …… how many Cats games have you lot watched. Top 2-3 most attacking teams in the Comp - second highest % - best defence. Good observation.

You lot will be a good side and are on the right track. But a bit more of a balanced approach to your opposition assessment wouldn’t hurt.

Good luck for the remaining games.

some of your unwanted preaching to your own team’s posters.

Disrespectful, condescending and arrogant fools.

‘’But hey, come onto the opposition board and spout your crap if it makes you feel better.

Back