Autopsy Round 20, 2021 | Autopsy vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Frank Thring

Premiership Player
Mar 3, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I was impressed with Jy and LDU today. They nearly dragged us over the line, Jy was enormous and showed poise and composure against a quality midfield. His second and third efforts were top shelf and was clear BOG. LDU is going to be some player, his physicality is growing with each game and to be honest my chest was pounding with pride watching those 2 continually cracking in and winning clearances. They finished 1 and 2 in clearances for the game with Jy having 7 and LDU 6. Not bad against the Cats midfield. Just a sidenote on this, Jed's defensive game today was very good which allowed Jy and LDU to play more attacking.

I thought Turner was good again across half back, he has found his spot. Took some telling marks and positions himself very well when defending. In fact our whole backline was awesome today. McKay smashed Hawkins, Halls rebounding was important , he lead the game in D50 clearances with 12, next best was Jack with 6 followed by a bevy of players on 5 including Isaac Smith and Kolodjashnj who lead for the Cats. Hall has earned another contract by the way.

Also liked the games of Stephenson, Zeibell, Walker, Phillips, Taylor, Scott, Atu and Ford who for a "first gamer" was bloody good with 10 possies, 7 marks and a goal. Didn't lay a tackle so needs to work on that but he definitely deserves to keep his spot. Like his swagger, reminds me of John "Super" Mccarthy.

I felt Polec, LMac, Xerri, Dumont and Mahony were down but overall a very encouraging performance.

In the end, just beaten by a better team.

Apr 14, 2008
Reg Hickey Stand
AFL Club
Geelong
I have to say, this is a fair post. I watch a lot of Geelong games as my mum is a cats fanatic and they can play different game styles. Today they chose to play an extra around the ball while we sacrificed that extra man to play him down back (Jack). It turned into a defensive game because of how both sides set up.

I would also like to say to you Jumping Jack that some of the comments on your own board could do with some balance in their view of the oppos performance. Some of the sh*te been written on their makes ours look like plaudits.

Anyway for what it's worth, I think the Cats are a massive chance to win it as Geelong are great at adapting to the opposition and are thoroughly professional. Your coach is a flog though.

Good luck for the rest of the year.

Cheers Frank.

Still a bit to play out this year - will Duncan get back? Will Jezza Cameron stay upright?

But our game style and form stacks up as well as anyone against top 8 sides. Would like to think we’d make a prelim, but it’s a raffle from there …. And a bit of luck needed.

As for some of the comments on our own board. Yeah, like all clubs, we have some who are never happy.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Apr 14, 2008
Reg Hickey Stand
AFL Club
Geelong
It’s coming…

Think we’ve heard that since about 2011. Maybe you’ll be right, but I think we’ll hang in for a couple of years. Look at who isn’t getting a game.

Zac Guthrie came in as a late change and was in the best few on the ground.

Jordan Clarke has played VFL nearly all year (sub today) and would start in most sides best 22

Our VFL side goes ok. We’re not going anywhere

Apr 7, 2013
Cairns
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Atlanta Falcons
I'm half way in watching the game(missed it due to working) and the umpiring is s**t as per usual.

Soft frees to Geelong in front of goal

Rohan drops the ball inside 50 when JZ tackles him, play on - goal

NM forwards gang raped. Play on.

LDU htb against *ing laughable

Shocking free kick to Curtis ducking in front

Taz only needs to fart next to Ratagalea to give away free kicks

And the big one - Duckwood got pinged for throwing. Never thought I'd see it.

How in this ******* universe did Zach Guthrie get it 28 times and take 13 marks??

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Shadow89

Cancelled
10k Posts AFL Fantasy Div 6+ Winner 2021
Feb 20, 2018
Okay then good luck in the next couple of years when your whole team retires and you guys have no youth to rely on 👍🏻

Just thought I'd offer this bit of info, as it's a bit of a misnomer that we have no youth - for perspective our 2016 draft alone netted us Miers, Stewart, Ratugolea, O'Connor, Z. Guthrie (who was one of our best today) and Jack Henry. In a couple of years, once Hawkins, Selwood, Tuohy, Higgins, I. Smith, Henderson and Stanley all likely retire, we'll still have this as Best 22 players remaining on the list (with 2 draft and trade periods in between)

B: Henry, Blicavs, Bews
HB: Stewart, Kolo, Atkins
C: J. Clark, O'Connor, Menegola
FO: Ratugolea, C. Guthrie, Parfitt
HF: Dahlhaus, Rohan, Dangerfield
F: Close, J. Cameron, Miers
INT: S. De Koning (1st round pick), M. Holmes (1st round pick), C. Stephens (1st round pick), Narkle

Is it perfect? No. But it's certainly not the cliff that everyone makes it out to be - especially considering that Holmes and De Koning have shown a lot, Kreuger who played today looks good as did Z. Guthrie - , and we also have 2 years worth of trading/drafting to bolster/replace some names on that list

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Think we’ve heard that since about 2011. Maybe you’ll be right, but I think we’ll hang in for a couple of years. Look at who isn’t getting a game.

Jordan Clarke has played VFL nearly all year (sub today) and would start in most sides best 22

Why are you even here?

The Cats Board is up the page ^^^^^^^^^^^

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Just thought I'd offer this bit of info, as it's a bit of a misnomer that we have no youth - for perspective our 2016 draft alone netted us Miers, Stewart, Ratugolea, O'Connor, Z. Guthrie (who was one of our best today) and Jack Henry. In a couple of years, once Hawkins, Selwood, Tuohy, Higgins, I. Smith, Henderson and Stanley all likely retire, we'll still have this as Best 22 players remaining on the list (with 2 draft and trade periods in between)

B: Henry, Blicavs, Bews
HB: Stewart, Kolo, Atkins
C: J. Clark, O'Connor, Menegola
FO: Ratugolea, C. Guthrie, Parfitt
HF: Dahlhaus, Rohan, Dangerfield
F: Close, J. Cameron, Miers
INT: S. De Koning (1st round pick), M. Holmes (1st round pick), C. Stephens (1st round pick), Narkle

Is it perfect? No. But it's certainly not the cliff that everyone makes it out to be - especially considering that Holmes and De Koning have shown a lot, Kreuger who played today looks good as did Z. Guthrie - , and we also have 2 years worth of trading/drafting to bolster/replace some names on that list

And why are you even here?

Shadow89

Cancelled
10k Posts AFL Fantasy Div 6+ Winner 2021
Feb 20, 2018
And why are you even here?

You guys really don't like opposition posters, do you? Lol whatever. Was just a friendly informative comment left after reading some of the posts about our list profile, on this board.

As you were.

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Where are you going with this? Geelong haven’t won a flag for 10 years so they might as well finished last every year since.. as far as history is concerned. Nothing except premierships matter.

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It’s coming…

B25E0454-D345-4F56-9B81-F194A9741898.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Butcher

All Australian
Mar 8, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I'm biased somewhat towards possession retention over meters gained (long kick still being a great 2nd option) so for me I see our guys doing great things from kick out to like 70m from goal. our running patterns and consequent options and decision making is coming along nicely from my point of view. If we can work out how to continue that another 30m to get good options, easy decisions and simple kicks to generate marks and shots on goal look out. as big kev said, I'm excited.

Apr 14, 2008
Reg Hickey Stand
AFL Club
Geelong
Where are you going with this? Geelong haven’t won a flag for 10 years so they might as well finished last every year sine as far as history is concerned. Nothing except premierships matter.

A very naive statement.

On field success is more than premierships. Yeah they’re great to win but sustained on field success (winning 70% of your games since your last flag) does translate to memberships (over 60,000 this year) , and sponsorships.

In addition - it helps you attract big names who are chasing success. Going to a club that contends regularly is a big draw card.

Look at Geelongs recruits from other clubs - look at your own.

Flags are great - sustained on field performance is a bit of fun as well.

Le Grille

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts Werewolf Player SFA Good Friday Appeal North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor North Melbourne - 2017 Junker and Wagner Player Sponsor Podcaster Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I don’t necessarily think the young players on the Geelong list will replace (at least to the same level) some of the generational players that are in the final seasons of their career

Mar 16, 2001
Melbourne VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wales, Eastwood, West Ham
A very naive statement.

On field success is more than premierships. Yeah they’re great to win but sustained on field success (winning 70% of your games since your last flag) does translate to memberships (over 60,000 this year) , and sponsorships.

In addition - it helps you attract big names who are chasing success. Going to a club that contends regularly is a big draw card.

Not sure why coming over here and telling us how well it’s going helps when the Cats just struggled to beat 18th.

Le Grille

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts Werewolf Player SFA Good Friday Appeal North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor North Melbourne - 2017 Junker and Wagner Player Sponsor Podcaster Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
A very naive statement.

Seriously * off you’ve topped up to the max and great you were in the position too, you have a lot of quality players near the end, it’s not guaranteed the replacements will make the transition so seamless, so yeah you should be attractive to recruits now, it won’t always be the case

Le Grille

Cancelled
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
You guys really don't like opposition posters, do you? Lol whatever. Was just a friendly informative comment left after reading some of the posts about our list profile, on this board.

As you were.
Are you that happy with today’s result

Le Grille

Cancelled
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The oracle with the crystal ball has spoken.

I think North will win the flag next year. You guys are the benchmark is list management.

It’s hardly the point and you know it.

enjoy your scratchy win over 18th

Back