Autopsy Round 20, 2021 | Autopsy vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

In my opinion, today's performance reinforced to me the view that has been forming in my mind over the last few weeks and that is that we are going to be a very good football team in the not too distant future. I think we are developing quicker than I would have ever expected. We are now winning the ball much better than we were early in the season, but turned the ball over a lot today, which is not unexpected in such a relatively young side. That cost us today but also it will change with time. I thought the effort was terrific, given our best player was out and two other very important players in Thomas and Zurhaar absent as well.

If we can just get a bit of a decent run with injuries, in my opinion competition for spots in the team next year will be fierce and we might be knocking on the door of finals or better.

On field success is more than premierships. Yeah they’re great to win but sustained on field success (winning 70% of your games since your last flag) does translate to memberships (over 60,000 this year) , and sponsorships.
Dangerflog loves this.

Seriously, dump him. You will never win a flag with that over-rated, front running squib playing for you.

GAj was worth 20 Dangerflogs. Youse retired the wrong bloke.

Shadow89

Cancelled
10k Posts AFL Fantasy Div 6+ Winner 2021
Feb 20, 2018
It’s total rubbish - zero midfield. Your pinning your hopes on Zac Guthrie, pure hilarity.

You’ll struggle to keep Clark and Narkle this year. Your best players are over 30 and visibly slowing up. You’ve got this year and maybe next year if you are lucky.

You’ll prob never properly bottom out cos you’ll scratch out 8 wins a year playing at that pathetic rectangle (no idea what it is called this year).

Disgusting post. No decorum at all.

Sep 11, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
They bought us to their level…
Horrible team to watch!
They are the least entertaining team in AFL history…
Geelong win by boring teams to death.
Thank God our game plan is the exact opposite!!!

Was such a boring game

me and my mates were like “nothing really happened in that game”

IDK their game style is boring

Shadow89

Cancelled
10k Posts AFL Fantasy Div 6+ Winner 2021
Feb 20, 2018
Get the fu** out of our thread

I already had. A while ago. Your poster is the one who responded very poorly, dragging me back in here. Just because it's your board, doesn't mean you actually can just talk to people however you want, say sh*t to them, and then drag them in again by launching insults and ugly rhetoric. Tas managed to be respectful, amongst a sea of slurs and angry comments, to what was a genuinely harmless post advising that our youth isn't horrible. Apparently not allowed to say that without getting my head ripped off, sworn at and attacking me, our players and our club.

If you can't interact with oppo supporters with the slightest bit of etiquette, why are you even on bigfooty? That's a rhetorical question, and you don't need to respond, as I don't want to respond again either to people that behave like that after a harmless comment.

Enjoy.

motlopfan

All Australian
May 18, 2003
Arden Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
North Melbourne
Just thought I'd offer this bit of info, as it's a bit of a misnomer that we have no youth - for perspective our 2016 draft alone netted us Miers, Stewart, Ratugolea, O'Connor, Z. Guthrie (who was one of our best today) and Jack Henry. In a couple of years, once Hawkins, Selwood, Tuohy, Higgins, I. Smith, Henderson and Stanley all likely retire, we'll still have this as Best 22 players remaining on the list (with 2 draft and trade periods in between)

B: Henry, Blicavs, Bews
HB: Stewart, Kolo, Atkins
C: J. Clark, O'Connor, Menegola
FO: Ratugolea, C. Guthrie, Parfitt
HF: Dahlhaus, Rohan, Dangerfield
F: Close, J. Cameron, Miers
INT: S. De Koning (1st round pick), M. Holmes (1st round pick), C. Stephens (1st round pick), Narkle

Is it perfect? No. But it's certainly not the cliff that everyone makes it out to be - especially considering that Holmes and De Koning have shown a lot, Kreuger who played today looks good as did Z. Guthrie - , and we also have 2 years worth of trading/drafting to bolster/replace some names on that list
Aren’t Rohan, Dangerfield and Blicavs over 30?

I already had. A while ago. Your poster is the one who responded very poorly, dragging me back in here. Just because it's your board, doesn't mean you actually can just talk to people however you want, say sh*t to them, and then drag them in again by launching insults and ugly rhetoric. Tas managed to be respectful, amongst a sea of slurs and angry comments, to what was a genuinely harmless post advising that our youth isn't horrible. Apparently not allowed to say that without getting my head ripped off, sworn at and attacking me, our players and our club.

If you can't interact with oppo supporters with the slightest bit of etiquette, why are you even on bigfooty? That's a rhetorical question, and you don't need to respond, as I don't want to respond again either to people that behave like that after a harmless comment.

Enjoy.
I think you'll find that is exactly what it does mean.

BTW "...drag them back in here..."

skeptical eyebrows raising look :

Le Grille

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts Werewolf Player SFA Good Friday Appeal North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor North Melbourne - 2017 Junker and Wagner Player Sponsor Podcaster Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Enjoy.
Oh cry me a river, it’s a footy message forum, you posted your thoughts and it was replied to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder how old mate will receive us when we visit the Cats Board shortly after a possible Finals loss or Grand Final loss in the coming weeks?
Don’t you worry, he’s made my end of year suck s**t list, which is usually reserved for certain * and WB posters...

Kangaroo Cat

Club Legend
Jun 2, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
So no other club autopsy would allow oppo supporters to come and take over the thread and lecture them about what they say amongst themselves.

And yes we all know the type of stuff they say about us, who cares? I've been to Geelong, these are not people who's words we should be caring about!!

Haha seriously, if they're so pathetic that they need to come here to try to force us to say their team is young and hot then just indulge the babies and have a laugh.

Sep 14, 2014
Robe SA
AFL Club
North Melbourne
So no other club autopsy would allow oppo supporters to come and take over the thread and lecture them about what they say amongst themselves.

And yes we all know the type of stuff they say about us, who cares? I've been to Geelong, these are not people who's words we should be caring about!!

Haha seriously, if they're so pathetic that they need to come here to try to force us to say their team is young and hot then just indulge the babies and have a laugh.
Disgusting post. No decorum at all.

Le Grille

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts Werewolf Player SFA Good Friday Appeal North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor North Melbourne - 2017 Junker and Wagner Player Sponsor Podcaster Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
We've all been waiting for their "cliff"
So 22 is it?

On Pixel 4 using BigFooty.com mobile app
I’m not say there’ll be a cliff as such I’m just saying that when Selwood, danger, Hawkins do leave the next group won’t necessarily replace that output

I missed the game as I had to work yesterday. Jumped onto this thread to get the stats on how many times Dwayne Russell confused Ben McKay for Josh Walker and instead I'm knee deep in posts from easily offended Cats posters. Bigfooty never fails to deliver ...

Royal Flush

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 14, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I’m not say there’ll be a cliff as such I’m just saying that when Selwood, danger, Hawkins do leave the next group won’t necessarily replace that output
Mate I agree, I've been waiting for their "cliff" for a few years.
Lots of trading out their early draft pics.
Just amazed how they've managed to stay mostly in the top half for so long.

On Pixel 4 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sep 16, 2001
Behind the goals at the BSO
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy, North
I missed the game live as I was at my son's gender reveal of my first grand child (BOY) and so I got the scores, read the Bigfooty stuff and then watched the replay and I think a lot of posters have missed the point. Yes it wasn't much of a game to watch but....

Our turnovers are still a major problem but I liked that Jy was clean with the ball this week. We couldn't get a system going because of unforced skill errors. They will disappear with time. They couldn't get a system going because our backline stood up again. We are going to be a team that clubs will hate playing because we are starting to become difficult to score against. Nobes said we defended our turn overs well. Very well I thought.

The skipper early in the season often looked desperate but now he has a commanding presence. McKay pulled the Coleman medallist ( the Complainer I call him) pants down again. Walker never gets beaten, Taz looked better and Hall, well he's playing so well I can only say he has wasted his talent.

CT is growing on me and I think he may become my favourite youngster.

Corr, if he gets on the park, will help but we are set down back, so give us one more forward and watch out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back