Autopsy Round 20, 2021: Hawks roll the Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Alot to like Nash, Moore, scrimshaw very good from the youngsters .

Loved brambles ability to push forward .

Denver showed glimpses but fitness and size was always going to be an issue the 1st season .

Worpel has really found some consistency and confidence in the way he plays , back to his best.

I was wrong about Lewis, can be a star if he keeps his work rate up , kept competing all day on a gun defender and it really clicked in the second half.

Up until Punky’s injury, when we were about 9 goals up I was having the perfect afternoon, as I suspect many on here were.
After that point, not so good.
Still, if at the start of the game and somebody said we’re going to beat the Lions by 12 points, you would take that any day of the week.
Fingers crossed for the punkster.

Conor Nash:
23 disposals
9 tackles
7 clearances

Well done fella. 👏

Last edited:
Great way to finish off a shitty week.

Great response, looked like they played with more freedom going forward. Defense was great for 3 qtrs and then the whole group hit the wall, probably expected after the shannanigans of the week.

Very happy for Nash, great to see break out games when they come along.

Midfield hunted the ball and the man, unsure why this is not the norm rather then the exception.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This game shows two things.

1) Clarkson is the best modern era coach in his ability to pick the right match ups against any team. His ability to motivate is second to none.

2) Mitchell's ability to develop players and identify best use cases is exciting. Reeves going from a nepotism selection to showing signs of a potential star ruckman with pinpoint tap work, Nash going from a failed import to a bonafide midfielder.

Down week but I think our future is in good hands.
Weird statement…

If true, why would he only do it 4-5 weeks per season, not every week???

Implies he likes sucking ass most weeks & missing finals 4 years outta 5.

To those who saw the game what was the wind advantage to the scoring end?

Overall we kicked 4 goals against the wind to their 1.
- 6 goals to 1 in the third quarter
- 8 goals to 1 in the last quarter?????

As previously noted I haven't seen the game as yet so assumingly the wind blowing to one end. Disregard the question if not relevant.

As previously noted I haven't seen the game as yet so assumingly the wind blowing to one end. Disregard the question if not relevant.

There was a wind worth around 2 goals but we went to sleep in the last. Brisbane played attacking football at every opportunity and our mids seemed to have spent all their petrol tickets playing fantastic football for three quarters. Combined with important structural injuries to Breust & Lewis and we just got blown out of the water. Luckily enough we had enough of a lead and a handful of players had some important moments in the dying minutes.

Didn't seem to be an overly strong wind, certainly kicks penetrated both ways.

Last quarter we just lacked pressure on ball and Zorko gained significant ground with his kicking to attacking positions.

Couple of questions all:

1. Why can’t they play with the same effort and consistency at least every week? The last time Hawks won back to back games was in 2019

2.Do you think they gave it their best today to prove their worth for the Hawks future or did they just play for Clarko?

Couple of questions all:

1. Why can’t they play with the same effort and consistency at least every week? The last time Hawks won back to back games was in 2019

2.Do you think they gave it their best today to prove their worth for the Hawks future or did they just play for Clarko?

1- They’re young.
2- Of course

Remove this Banner Ad

Back