Autopsy Round 20, 2021: Hawks roll the Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe watch him play?

If you're unsure why this is the exception you haven't watched him play. For box hill he's been doing this for some time by playing in the midfield. If people judged Usain Boult on his ability to swim he would have been heavily criticised and it would have been undeserved. It shouldn't be a revelation if he turns out to be better at running when that's what he's been doing at home for years.
You seem to think I am having a crack at Nash for some reason or another 🤷‍♂️ You need to probably re-read what I posted.

FYI I watch all Box Hill games when they are televised.

The exception comment was aimed at the entire mid field not a single player.

I hope you got to enjoy the win?

It would be remiss of me to say to all the NASH haters - EAD. Absolutely no idea and probably now jumping on the bandwagon. You know who you are

Change it to Nash non-raters. As if anyone actually hates a player that plays for the club.

I'm a Nash non-rater - I put my hand up. He was fantastic today and long may it continue.

I hope you got to enjoy the win?

I hated it. Spent the entire time worried about all the Nash haters, and how much they would have despised that performance. Has anyone checked on them? Are they OK?

Anyone think he should still be traded? 😂
iu

Career best game for Reeves according to CD. Some lovely palm downs right to the tit of Mitchell/JOM. Haven't seen a Hawthorn ruckman do that consistently since big Maxy.
Reeves was very good today, hopefully he puts on some more muscle so he doesn’t get out marked, like he did on occasions today

I hated it. Spent the entire time worried about all the Nash haters, and how much they would have despised that performance. Has anyone checked on them? Are they OK?
Well I hope no Hawks supporters hope any of our players play bad, Let’s hope this is a career defining game for Nash, as it was he’s best game in the Hawks Jumper. As a doubter, it was good to see him play well

Imagine being so dense that you are unable to differentiate between hatred (emotion), and not-rating (opinion).

Maybe one of the four posters you haven't blocked could spell it out for you - any takers? You'll probably have to go slowly though.

Last edited:
I am one of the so called “Nash Haters”. everyone is referring too.

He has been terrible for 5 years. Runs to wrong positions, drops plum puddings and made terrible decisions with ball in hand.

TODAY he played a really good game and hit some nice tackles in tight and won some important ball.

He is currently playing for his career

I will be more than happy to put my hand up and say I got it wrong if he can make it.

I won’t however EAD as someone earlier said.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

O'Meara driving that midfield superbly today IMO

Huge performance, which was similar to his early season form.

It's such a shame we cannot get this level out of JOM consistently, because it's absolutely brilliant and he'd be an AA lock. Unfortunately his body lets him down.

Where are all the negative nancy Hawthorn is doomed posters :)

Go the Hawks stuck it up them for the first 3 quarters! The quartet was Superb early Jom,Tom,Wingard,Worpel, i posted this earlier they had 35 between them at quarter time and ended up with 127 between them a average of 31.7. It's been missing all season if these 4 can work together as a collective consistently! we would be a competitive outfit.
The injection of Nash worked i liked the speed and pressure on the outside. I feel we need to surround these guys with turn of foot and it can work. Phillips playing a handy role up forward and Howe across the back more has helped the balance. W.Day is the key next season mark my words

This year i think we have found 5 players in Bramble,Moore,Reeves, plus the two who didn't play Jiath,Kosi they will be regulars in 2022.
Still a long way to go and a interesting off season. If we get a fit Defence with the Big Sic back and the midfield balance working, 2022 wont be a debacle.

Last edited:
Was a constant bagger of Nash, but he had played absolute shite at this point of his career. People acting like they knew he had this in him all along are talking bullshit.

What a difference though it is to play in a position that suits him. You could just see the confidence grow through out the game. He was taking marks, handballing over his head and even did a don't argue. Gee if Mitchell can pull off a few more of these doozies, then we are in for a treat.

P
...I think what that demonstrated is for the past few seasons we've had a group that can be over-run for one quarter of each game. I think that dosen't have much to do with the Coaching, and everything to do with a developing team. I was thinking today was a good sign for the future, to knuckle down and send Clarko out with wins against the top 8 sides we play in preparation for the future.
But the inability to stop that run on from the Lions took the shine off it for me.

Anyone got any idea what Clarko was going crook about? I think there were a few occasions on the wing where we should have taking the ball over the line to kill the clock?
Change it to Nash non-raters. As if anyone actually hates a player that plays for the club.

I'm a Nash non-rater - I put my hand up. He was fantastic today and long may it continue.

I hear you - and not directed at you, big difference between a hater and a non rater

Nash and Newk in the same midfield next year

A lot of bone crunching tackles and a hell of a lot of hurt and hunt the opposition but not enough polish and class offensively at this stage. Nash was awesome today. Going to be fun watching his midfield development. More run and carry (has explosive speed) and tidy up his foot disposal and the powerhouse Irishman could be anything. Sleepless night or 2 ahead worrying about Punky’s knee.

I wish that was true. These starts suggest otherwise.

17th placed team is coming 18th in a stat. But how many poor teams have beaten the Swans, Brisbane, and GWS?

Maybe watch him play?

If you're unsure why this is the exception you haven't watched him play. For box hill he's been doing this for some time by playing in the midfield. If people judged Usain Boult on his ability to swim he would have been heavily criticised and it would have been undeserved. It shouldn't be a revelation if he turns out to be better at running when that's what he's been doing at home for years.

Jeka kicks 4 goals a week at Box Hill. Its simply not the same level. Playing well at Box Hill doesnt automatically mean you will do the same in the AFL.

Lets maybe wait a few weeks to see what happens now that teams know to watch out for him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back