Autopsy Round 20, 2021: Hawks roll the Lions

Feb 5, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chicago Blackhawks Melb Renegades
What an unexpected but wonderful victory yesterday. Should have won by 5 goals minimum considering the 3 quarter time margin, but a win is a win no matter how you get them.

I don't think it's been mentioned yet, but what does Reeves fantastic effort yesterday mean for Ceglar? Is he in brown and gold next season or do we look to trade him?

Dylan Moore is starting to find the footy up the ground a bit. That play of the day resulting in the TOB goal is worth another watching with just an eye on Dylan. He pushed from half forward to half back to apply pressure, then sprinted back towards goal, getting on the end of a Wingard chip, then played on and hit his highest pace of the sequence after already covering about 150 metres. Was brilliant to watch.

Disappointed that Lewis looks to be hurt again. If he kicks that goal in the final quarter it's a pretty complete performance from the big fella. Had a great 4 weeks under the radar a little.

Won't say anything else about Nash that hasn't already been covered. Very impressed.

Some real leadership from JOM, Wingard and Worpel (who I thought played his best game all season even if it wasn't statistically) was bloody great to see as well.

I'm still keen to make big changes to this list over the off season, but wins like today just make you feel so much better about the on-field direction of the club.

MadDawg

Premiership Player
Feb 3, 2006
Counting cups
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
The greatest team of all!
I don't think it's been mentioned yet, but what does Reeves fantastic effort yesterday mean for Ceglar? Is he in brown and gold next season or do we look to trade him?

Mark McKenzie should be explaining to Cegs how good those Gold Coast beaches will be for his tan.

Mark McKenzie should be explaining to Cegs how good those Gold Coast beaches will be for his tan.
Finally get depth in a position and then we’re going to trade it away.

JustKickIt

Premiership Player
Sep 5, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
****!
Foxtel didnt record the game.
Any suggestions as to where I can stream a replay folks?
You can watch it on the AFL site under Matches / Match Videos / Match Replays = they are usually up there the next morning.

(I usually download them and watch on TV)

burner1

Premiership Player
Nov 3, 2005
victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
hawks
They were showering our back half in praise today on the telecast, and it was missing Day, Jiath, Impey and Sicily. Next year is going to be fun.
Very interested to see how Mitchell arranges all our half backs across the park. If Nash can hold down a spot as big bodied mid may open up room for Day etc to come into midfield (as we don’t need all of Mitchell, JOM, worpel distributing the ball). Or Impey up forward.
I don’t think Mitchell will look at yesterday’s game and think midfield works. Same group ex Nash got beaten by Adelaide. Am expecting change.

Sep 13, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
And considering the form of Box Hill... Kaneo should feel a little silly.
People are ignoring their really strong form. Young fellas down there learning to win with some really positive attacking footy.
After both days we can certainly feel more positively about our future.
Its clickbait . He has been saying it for 18 months and will keep saying until we possibly make the 8 again .

I think most agree we do have some decent young talent , we just need a few more .

Its clickbait . He has been saying it for 18 months and will keep saying until we possibly make the 8 again .

I think most agree we do have some decent young talent , we just need a few more .

RoCo called it.

Oct 3, 2006
Manchester
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
EPL
What a pointless post .
If you cant see the hate and bias displayed by some to Nash, then how many of your 14,000 other posts come from zero insight?
Might doesn't make right.
Loudest isn't most correct.

As the original author of the Nash "hate post" just to clarify, its wasn't meant to be taken literally - LMS hit the nail on the head when he said no-one hates anyone else or other players on this forum. My point was and still is some of the garbage being directed to a foreigner still learning the game has been really poor. Believe it or not, some players do come on to the forum and read what is being said about them. Maybe think about how the player would feel if you decide write something about them without really thinking it through

Yes its only one game but I reckon Nash showed yesterday exactly why we have chosen to persevere with him. If he does keep improving we suddenly have a 197 midfield bull that runs like the wind and frees up guys like JOM, Tom and Worpel. FWIW I reckon his hands are bloody elite in tight contests which is another huge plus

I have been pretty vocal about the recruitment of Wingard and his performance/body issues but have tried to not be too direspecful on what I am saying. If he keeps playing like he did yesterday he will no doubt make me eat my words (which I hope he does)

Anyway that's my 2 cents, take it any which way you want

Sep 8, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
There are no other teams
Not so fast IMO.

I have seen BB live 5 times this year and he looks cooked to me.

He mostly gets Flogged in the ruck and people are just running off him when he plays forward, at the moment he moves about as well as Big Monkey.

CHUBBSS

Premiership Player
Apr 6, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Not so fast IMO.

I have seen BB live 5 times this year and he looks cooked to me.

He mostly gets Flogged in the ruck and people are just running off him when he plays forward, at the moment he moves about as well as Big Monkey.
I would much rather we rotate Lewis, nash and O’Brien through the second ruck role, reeves just needs to be competitive for 60-70% of the game next year to allow it

Milkshaker

Cancelled
Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Both sides of the argument as to the merit of picking Nash, prior to this game, are based on our own person opinions.

How can you possibly hate a player that plays for the club you support? Especially if you don't know the actual person.

Someone expressing that they do not believe that a player is going to cut it at the AFL level does not somehow equate to hating them.

What hateful things are being said about him? That he's not good enough? Doesn't deserve to be picked?
You are wasting your time poster is obviously a 'stick to the narrative' at all costs type.

Mar 24, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Love that Frosty can go from playing on Charlie Dixon to Charlie Cameron in the space of a few weeks.

As the original author of the Nash "hate post" just to clarify, its wasn't meant to be taken literally - LMS hit the nail on the head when he said no-one hates anyone else or other players on this forum. My point was and still is some of the garbage being directed to a foreigner still learning the game has been really poor. Believe it or not, some players do come on to the forum and read what is being said about them. Maybe think about how the player would feel if you decide write something about them without really thinking it through

Yes its only one game but I reckon Nash showed yesterday exactly why we have chosen to persevere with him. If he does keep improving we suddenly have a 197 midfield bull that runs like the wind and frees up guys like JOM, Tom and Worpel. FWIW I reckon his hands are bloody elite in tight contests which is another huge plus

I have been pretty vocal about the recruitment of Wingard and his performance/body issues but have tried to not be too direspecful on what I am saying. If he keeps playing like he did yesterday he will no doubt make me eat my words (which I hope he does)

Anyway that's my 2 cents, take it any which way you want
Not sure after the vitriol you and your Nash-hating mates served up makes any of this believable. But it goes some way to admitting you were wrong.

Not sure after the vitriol you and your Nash-hating mates served up makes any of this believable. But it goes some way to admitting you were wrong.
🤦‍♂️... so quick to pot every other poster doesn't even realise he's having a go at people on the same side of the coin as him. Haha fair dunkum.

Oct 3, 2006
Manchester
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
EPL

You really need to look up the word vitriol champ, and perhaps rethink how you frame certain posts ... BTW Not sure how being a Nash defender suddenly makes me a Nash hater 🤔

Sep 28, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
One of the things I was most happy about seeing was all the off the ball work our players were doing. There were plenty of blocks and shepherds instead of everyone just trying to get the cheap ball.

It gave our mids a lot more time. Especially as some of our efforts in this area have been woeful.

Also I have to applaud Titch, I thought he had a great game today especially through the first 2 and a half quarters. He was tough in the clinches, driving us forward and not worrying about his possession tally.

When the team plays for each other they play a lot better. The players might change and the skills will get better but doing the team thing should be a non-negotiable. And today they pulled it off out there.

Last edited:
RoCo called it.

I like RoCo - he's as honest as a footy journalist gets. I know that's a low bar, but I've always appreciated the work he does because he actually sounds like he likes football unlike Barrett, Wilson and co that seem to despise the game and all involved.

Back