Preview Round 20, 2021: Hawthorn v Brisbane, 2:10pm 1st Aug @ UTAS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Would it be soreness from the screws that then get removed ???
He limped to the boundary very late in the last game he played. Nothing was said that week about him by the club, but at the time my thoughts were if it was the same foot he had the break in they would be super cautious.. such a shame he only played 5 games this year but injuring the same foot he broke early in the year you would understand the cotton wool coming out

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So we play the last 4 games in Tassie?

So Day, Sicily, Gunston, CJ, Impey and possibly Cousins are out for the season?

I guess its Newcombe in for Cousins? Not that Newcombe is setting the world on fire with his form, but he is the only option that we have imo.

Although knowing this match commitee we're more likely to give Nash a game, *insert odd thinking or excuse making here*

I hope we avoid the spoon, i hope we trade someone to get 4 picks inside the top 25

My dream 4 from the draft would be Callaghan/Sinn one of these 2 then Erasmus, then Goater and finally a player like Ned Long/Connor MacDonald or the best ruck as we desperately need a ruck in Toby Conway, if they develop right the future could be exciting.

I hope we pick and play Nash on ball.

Ditto absolutely nothing to loose. We have a glimpse of what Newcomb can do - great tackler, good penetrating kick but needs to strip some weight and and work on his outside spread. If Nash doesn't produce at least we won't die wondering

A 6 month back spasm. Hmmm. 🤔

I’ve got no idea of the nature of his injury, but I have previously had back spasms over the course of more than a year. Sure, I’m old and unfit, but I am also not playing contact sport!

Sometimes they would hang around for a week or more, sometimes they last a day or so. Sometimes I was totally fine for weeks and then I’d do something innocuous - like picking up my shoes or gently weaving around a chair or person as I walked by - and it would go again and I could hardly move.

Was told surgery was an option but it might not work. A mate of mine spent weeks in hospital with a similar issue. Surgery didn’t do much for him.

I presume that if you have opted for surgery, and then suffered more problems, it warrants a cautious approach.

I’ve got no idea of the nature of his injury, but I have previously had back spasms over the course of more than a year. Sure, I’m old and unfit, but I am also not playing contact sport!

Sometimes they would hang around for a week or more, sometimes they last a day or so. Sometimes I was totally fine for weeks and then I’d do something innocuous - like picking up my shoes or gently weaving around a chair or person as I walked by - and it would go again and I could hardly move.

Was told surgery was an option but it might not work. A mate of mine spent weeks in hospital with a similar issue. Surgery didn’t do much for him.

I presume that if you have opted for surgery, and then suffered more problems, it warrants a cautious approach.
Posted at the start of the year we might not see much of him if anything at all, unfortunately. Have a few friends and a work colleagues who have had similar surgery in the last few years. Its been a long haul for them.

Stadium, 2.10pm AEST

HAWTHORN
In: J.Newcombe, C.Nash, D.Greaves, F.Maginness
Out: J.Cousins (hamstring)

Last week's sub: Burgoyne (unused)

BRISBANE
In: K.Coleman, J.Prior, C.Ballenden
Out: Nil

Lots of ins. Will know more after BH on Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back