Preview Round 20, 2021: Hawthorn v Brisbane, 2:10pm 1st Aug @ UTAS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi hawks,

Just wondering how you rate your chances this week - basically the same side that drew with (and should have beat Melbourne) and at Launie, so i’m scratching my head about the odds.

Kozzie has looked good and Mitchell can be a threat in the air - do you think you’ll play a third tall? We are vulnerable atm down back without Gardiner and Adams.

final teams will be interesting as to how much clarko will be ‘playing the kids’.

i don’t think you’ll be too worried about Birchall. He was a gun but he’s no hodgey!

Feels like the kind of game we'll rest a couple of mids during. I think it's been a fair while since JOM has been rested, and lord knows Shiels looks like he could do with a spell.
If we could have a midfield of Worps, Finn and Newc at one stage that would be really exciting, especially if it's Reeves tapping to them.

Hi hawks,

Just wondering how you rate your chances this week - basically the same side that drew with (and should have beat Melbourne) and at Launie, so i’m scratching my head about the odds.

Kozzie has looked good and Mitchell can be a threat in the air - do you think you’ll play a third tall? We are vulnerable atm down back without Gardiner and Adams.

final teams will be interesting as to how much clarko will be ‘playing the kids’.

i don’t think you’ll be too worried about Birchall. He was a gun but he’s no hodgey!
I currently think you guys will get up, but it'll be by <25.

Keen for Finn to play this one.

Then next week roll out Downie, Saunders, Callow etc v the Pies. Basically any kid on our list should play.

I actually agree, but it's a bit much to expect senior players to play in such a team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi hawks,

Idk, it depends which side of us turns up. If we bring the heat we're every chance to win and probably should with the added Wingard, Dimma and Scrimshaw which is basically class to when we last played the Demons. Only reason we drew instead of winning was the lack of class due to those three being injured.

Not sure tho tbh, Kossie has looked very good but not sure on his body looks tired but we'll see. Lewis is looking very good in the air and looks to be getting into some good form, our third tall would be Tim O'Brien if we name or Ben McEvoy/Ned Reeves ruck rotation.

Idk, it depends which side of us turns up. If we bring the heat we're every chance to win and probably should with the added Wingard, Dimma and Scrimshaw which is basically class to when we last played the Demons. Only reason we drew instead of winning was the lack of class due to those three being injured.

Not sure tho tbh, Kossie has looked very good but not sure on his body looks tired but we'll see. Lewis is looking very good in the air and looks to be getting into some good form, our third tall would be Tim O'Brien if we name or Ben McEvoy/Ned Reeves ruck rotation.
Melbourne were flat, and we should have lost, Melbourne just couldn’t kick straight.

Only way we stay in this game against Brisbane is if Brisbane don’t turn up. They show up they run over us. It’s 17 vs top 4.

Melbourne were flat, and we should have lost, Melbourne just couldn’t kick straight.

Only way we stay in this game against Brisbane is if Brisbane don’t turn up. They show up they run over us. It’s 17 vs top 4.
Nah. They were flat but they are always flat. They aren’t a big tackling finals pressure side. They didn’t kick straight but we didn’t use the ball well.
And ladder position doesn’t mean much. Look at our wins and games against Sydney. GWS. Dees etc.

Hi hawks,

Launceston helping us is a myth, we lost to North when everyone was belting them and Freo by 10 goals. I think we'd actually be more chance at the G.

Hi hawks,

Well we're basically unbeatable at Tassie so you're fooked.... ignoring the resuts v North, *cheats and Freo. Other than those it bodes badly for you.

Hi hawks,

If we get within 6 goalsof you, I'll be happy.

(BTW, I said the exact same thing about Melbourne)

Hi hawks,

We could very easily accidentally win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back