Review Round 20, 2021 - Hawthorn vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against Hawthorn?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone interested in putting together a preview against Fremantle please let me know via PM and I'll hold the spot for you.

Otherwise you willingly settle for a less than half-arsed preview from someone who hasn't watching Fremantle play this year.

McStay inspirational, Lyons consistent and Cockatoo a good first half.

Midfield horrible for 3 quarters.

This team needs to play fast. I know it could be energy sapping to do it all match long, but it’s just how we’ve won our games. None of this slow kick, chip side to side bull crap.

This comeback is everything wrong with this team and if anyone suggests it's a 'good sign' or they are pleased by it, they are absolutley kidding themselves.

They wet the bed when a team dishes it up and try when it's all over. Been that way for 5 weeks.

I could not be more pissed off at that performance.

EMBARRASSING.

Got away turning up late against the Suns, but left it even later this week and it didn't work.

McStay, Rich, Andrews good. Lyons fine.

Cockatoo liked that patch he had in the second, if he can keep building he'll be a player.

So what are you suggesting? The team that finished 2nd the last 2 home and away seasons, beat the eventual premiers in a final last year, won multiple games on the trot over 3 seasons.... complete revamp of personnel and game style?

Who would you offer up for trade Lyons and/or Neale, Charlie, Andrews? Time for Fagan to go with his antiquated game style?
Last year, and the year before are history.

Opposition coaches have worked us out. If you don’t continue to improve and evolve, you go backwards. That’s true in any sport.

I don’t know what we do to improve.

But a fair bit of finger pointing does need to be on the coaching group.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the loss of Daly and Noble has had a bigger effect on us than some would be willing to admit. I see North playing with the enthasiusm that we played with last year, but has been absent a lot this year.

Also, we're not good enough. Let's accept that and focus on 2021.

I think I’m more pissed after that last quarter.
It shows that we can play better when the effort comes. But no point when the effort is only there for the last 15mins of a game
Yep, I feel more flat because of the last quarter, would have been better to fade out to a 10 goal loss for my psyche.

This team needs to play fast. I know it could be energy sapping to do it all match long, but it’s just how we’ve won our games. None of this slow kick, chip side to side bull crap.
Agreed, in the past couple seasons and earlier this season we were much better at switching between playing fast and just going down the line based on the situation. Now it's just go slow until we're down by enough we need to start attacking.

Revolting first three quarters against a bottom team. Gave us some hope in the last but we trailing by that much is never going to end well regardless of who it is. McStay was great, Lyons had an underrated game, Zorko was alright and Andrews was a rock. Cockatoo got through and did some nice things. Apart from that there's basically no positives.

Birchall is not value for money. If he's going to handball it back to others or just do his loopy bombs into F50, we might as well play someone else.
I feel like I've given Birch a fair chance but if I don't notice him during a game I'm starting to consider it a good game by him

Well, we won back some respect in the last quarter I suppose. More importantly, we won back some %. If Essendon and GWS can win, we amazingly will stay right in touch with the top 4.

How do we bounce back from this?

Back