Preview Round 20, 2021 | North Melbourne vs Geelong @ Blundstone Arena | Saturday, 31 July @ 13:15

Remove this Banner Ad

Time to start planning for 2024, great experience for the kids against G-Town.

Out: Zurhaar, Thomas, Goldstein, Cunnington, Atley & Hall

In: Ford, Comben, Bonar, Lazarro, Spicer, PWalker.

B: Ziebell - McKay - Turner
HB: Bonar - Walker - McDonald
C: Polec - Phillips - Scott
HF: Taylor - Comben - Anderson
F: Ford - Larkey - Stephenson
R: Xerri - LDU - Simpkin
I: PWalker Atu Lazarro Dumont
Sub: Spicer
Combed - brave call

Time to start planning for 2024, great experience for the kids against G-Town.

Out: Zurhaar, Thomas, Goldstein, Cunnington, Atley & Hall

In: Ford, Comben, Bonar, Lazarro, Spicer, PWalker.

B: Ziebell - McKay - Turner
HB: Bonar - Walker - McDonald
C: Polec - Phillips - Scott
HF: Taylor - Comben - Anderson
F: Ford - Larkey - Stephenson
R: Xerri - LDU - Simpkin
I: PWalker Atu Lazarro Dumont
Sub: Spicer
That will definitely do it

I didn’t even need to see the user name to know who posted this 😜

We could find another player or two between now and end of the year.

That’s the bonus we should be aiming for - not unnecessary and meaningless hollow wins in games which hold no jeopardy.

Combed - brave call

Comben could be a superstar. I can’t wait for him to play, the fact that he is upright currently is why I would play him. No point waiting for him to injure himself.

I think we should rest some of our veterans who look tired, in particular Goldy, Cunnington and Hall. I think we need to replace that maturity with Tyson, Campbell and Menadue.

That should do it.

Im sure our boys would be itching to test themselves against one of the top teams.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This will be a massive test for our young guys. Geelong will look to strangle our ball movement, requiring us then to kick long into the forward line where they then pick off the intercept and bounce. It will be a super opportunity for the mids to learn what it takes to compete with a top team not just at the coalface, but also off the ball to create run and opportunities for quick ball movement.

They ******* murdered us in the hard stuff last time so it will be a good chance for Thomas, LDU and Jy to show how far they have come.

Best 22 available please.
Yep. Stuff tanking.
I wanna see what we can bring against the top sides now we have hit some form & our young guys are brimming with confidence.
Such a shame Thomas will be missing!

No Miers this week, Higgo set to return

Geelong fears small forward Gryan Miers may have re-fractured the fibula that sidelined him for six weeks earlier in the season.

Miers, who signed a recent new two-year extension, suffered the injury in the Cats’ 38-point win over Richmond at the MCG on Sunday.

He was seen limping in the rooms after the game.

If the injury is as serious as it was earlier this season, he would face a race against time to return before the finals.

The 22-year-old played 53 consecutive AFL games from his debut in 2019 until he suffered a hairline fracture of his fibula against Sydney in Round 7 this year.

He missed almost 50 days, returning to the VFL for two matches in mid-June before regaining his spot in the Cats’ AFL side in Round 16.

Miers has played the last four AFL matches, kicking a goal in three of those matches, and is considered an important part of the Cats’ plans in their pursuit of the flag.

Geelong is hopeful skipper Joel Selwood hasn’t suffered any major damage after being subbed out of the Tigers’ clash, but will keep a close eye on his corked thigh.

The tight turnaround for the Hobart clash with North Melbourne will be a challenge for Selwood, but the Cats will give him every chance to prove his fitness.

Shaun Higgins, a late withdrawal on Sunday, is expected to return.

Would be a great game to set the team for the next 4 rounds and our future beyond - what an opportunity!

I'm talking Hayden, Lazzaro, Comben, Ford,
Pat Walker, Spicer and Will Walker.

All banging the door down at VFL and all ready to go and give these next 4 rounds a shake up!

(For the love of God, please lose North 😭)

You don't build a fan base by wanting to lose games for the No.1 pick.

For every win against a top 8 side, is an impressionable kid walking into school on Monday like a boss!

Lazzaro to play the pressure forward, so Jed gets back to the middle (Phillips rested)

Ford for Zurhaar (rested)

Polec for TT (concussion)

sub? not sure, maybe Lachie Young

What is this I'm feeling? I think its genuine excitement? I haven't felt that about a football game for a while. Something has changed, maybe everyone else already felt this and I'm just late to the party? I don't expect a win but just the thought of testing ourselves against one of the top (in form) teams has got me excited.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back