Preview Round 20, 2021 | North Melbourne vs Geelong @ Blundstone Arena | Saturday, 31 July @ 13:15

Remove this Banner Ad

Absolutely. We beat Parish, Merrett and co without Cunnington. We didn't win the game, but we beat them in the middle, and we had every chance to beat them. No reason why we can't do the same to the Cat's mids. And when you win the ball at the coalface, who knows what can happen.
Ok ok let's not gild it too much - the coaches literally gave Stringer, Parish and Merrett the best 3 on the ground in that * game - we were beaten in the midfield and that was a key factor in us losing that match.

I get that alot has happened in the past week but no need to re write history that is just 10 days old.

Ok ok let's not gild it too much - the coaches literally gave Stringer, Parish and Merrett the best 3 on the ground in that * game - we were beaten in the midfield and that was a key factor in us losing that match.

I get that alot has happened in the past week but no need to re write history that is just 10 days old.

Lol. I just went and checked the stats. I think my confusion was between centre clearances, and stoppage clearances.

Against Essendon, we got well beaten in stoppage clearances, but we won centre clearances.

I thought we'd won overall clearances the last eight weeks (we haven't), but looking at it, we won centre/lost stoppage clearances against Essendon and West Coast. We won both against Carlton, Bulldogs, Gold Coast, St Kilda, GWS, Hawthorn and (unbelievably) the first game against Essendon. We lost both against Brisbane.

My point is, we can compete in the middle. Obviously there's more to winning than that. But we should at least go feeling confident that our engine room can stand up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out:
Cunners, Tarryn and Zurhaar.

In:
Laz, Polec and Taz

Even though the balance is a bit off, I would suggest that we will restructure the midfield and forward lines a bit. More mid time for Phillips and Anderson.

Out:
Cunners, Tarryn and Zurhaar.

In:
Laz, Polec and Taz

Even though the balance is a bit off, I would suggest that we will restructure the midfield and forward lines a bit. More mid time for Phillips and Anderson.
I’d like to see

in Ford,Polec,Laz

Run them around a bit

I would love for Ford to be in for Z, but I’m not sure it will happen.

I think itd Be a good idea not sure of Zs issue but it seems foolish to risk him

Time we start to put players in cotton wool for the rest of the season.... Give Ford a run, bring in Tarrant and Mahony if ready for Cunnington, Thomas and Zurhaar with Polec sub again..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back