Preview Round 20, 2021 | North Melbourne vs Geelong @ Blundstone Arena | Saturday, 31 July @ 13:15

zoomba23

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 17, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
We have so many options at half back now that At's needs to pursue his FA rights if he wants to keep playing at senior level.

I have been a big supporter of his over the journey but I dropped off late last year - he just doesn't show enough leadership and has shown nothing but meh this year - not horrible - but we just have better medium term options than him now.

A fresh start for At's elsewhere is what needs to happen and we pick up a pick in the late 30's in return for him.
*Ats. Sorry, just triggers me seeing an apostrophe that shouldn't be there in a player's name

AnEmptyChair

Premiership Player
Nov 12, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
******* stoked to see Elvis get a crack. Won't be an easy game for him but you just know he's going to make those Cats interceptors earn every mark.

Atley dropped is almost a spiritual experience.

Can't wait to see what Polec can do with a better team around him and with a gameplan that suits his strengths. I'm tipping he has a big one.

Mcarcherey

Club Legend
Oct 10, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Most durable player we have. He just needs to lift a bit. A good lot of games in the VFL will do that. He will be back.

Maybe he can reinvent himself at half forward. I think he’s a bit stagnant atm
he did that in 2017 and was very good, have no idea why that stopped.

RossHenshaw

Club Legend
Sep 12, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
We have so many options at half back now that At's needs to pursue his FA rights if he wants to keep playing at senior level.

I have been a big supporter of his over the journey but I dropped off late last year - he just doesn't show enough leadership and has shown nothing but meh this year - not horrible - but we just have better medium term options than him now.

A fresh start for At's elsewhere is what needs to happen and we pick up a pick in the late 30's in return for him.
I’m sorry but People on the Atley to FA or possible trade are delusional. Seriously? Who the F#ck would take him & why ?
Reality is it’s 2021 & the game has passed him by unfortunately. There are kids playing for us with less than 40 Games that have have just about or passed him in that back pocket / half back role .
Bonar , Atu , Perez , Kyron , Young .
Can he play as a lock down on a small opposition forward ? No , Kane Turer has that down to a tee now. Plus we know what Weightman did to him a few weeks ago against the dogs .
Can he play as a running break the lines half back ? No , we know his , get ball , stop , prop , retreat , reverse , kick down the line - turnover . Aaron Hall has the position down pact .
Can he play wing ? Um No , who we going to move for him ? Frog , LMac , Polac or Sleevo ?
I’m not going to kick Ats whikr he’s down now like everyone here on BF is probably expecting.
But with all that evidence mentioned above … sorry to say Ats , Noble is not Brad or Shawry . Just being dependable & durable does not cut it anymore.
AFL is a ruthless sport .
Thank you for your services . Hope we can see you for a fair well game 👍

I assume it’s been coming for a few weeks but without senior players, it’s been less doable.

Atu deserves his spot as he was better then ok.
I wonder about Bonar then, whether he is eyeing off Walker’s spot as the third tall. I always thought of him as Atley’s replacement, but Atu/Turner have that covered.

the flying ham

Cancelled
Dec 12, 2006
AFL Club
North Melbourne

We wont be compensated for atley

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Nov 25, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Most durable player we have. He just needs to lift a bit. A good lot of games in the VFL will do that. He will be back.

Maybe he can reinvent himself at half forward. I think he’s a bit stagnant atm
Not sure about Atley coming back. With three games left, and with us at the wrong end of the ladder, where's the incentive to be bringing him back in?

Oct 12, 2008
The North of Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I bear Shaun absolutely no ill will, but I think him being dropped is a sign that we're moving forward as a footy club

I'm thinking they kept Lazzaro out because we need grunt around the ball with Cunners and Tarryn out. I'm expecting Bailey Scott to finally get time as a genuine onballer alongside Jed, Jy and LDU. Polec did too well as the sub not to keep his spot, and Charlie will be ok continuing to build in the VFL and getting ready for a huge 2022.

Last edited:
Back