Preview Round 20, 2021 | North Melbourne vs Geelong @ Blundstone Arena | Saturday, 31 July @ 13:15

Remove this Banner Ad

It will be hard to kick the winning score without Zurhaar. We don’t have a third tall at this stage and he has been playing like a second tall. Ford in is great but he’s probably not quite that sort of player. Maybe Walker plays forward this week

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not sure about Atley coming back. With three games left, and with us at the wrong end of the ladder, where's the incentive to be bringing him back in?

Won’t matter if we have 10 games, 1 game, finals, we should bring players in when they are of standard or in form. He may be playing for his career so I think for Atley the time is now

Time to start planning for 2024, great experience for the kids against G-Town.

Out: Zurhaar, Thomas, Goldstein, Cunnington, Atley & Hall

In: Ford, Comben, Bonar, Lazarro, Spicer, PWalker.

B: Ziebell - McKay - Turner
HB: Bonar - Walker - McDonald
C: Polec - Phillips - Scott
HF: Taylor - Comben - Anderson
F: Ford - Larkey - Stephenson
R: Xerri - LDU - Simpkin
I: PWalker Atu Lazarro Dumont
Sub: Spicer
:oops::think::D

I know does a lot on field but do you think his absence will affect them that much? RE flat on field.
Surely Noble will get them into gear just the same as if any player got injured on field.
Agreed.
If anything, the players will be fired up to give their absent mate a good showing out of respect. Put all the efforts Ben10 put into them into their game as a show of respect.

I wonder about Bonar then, whether he is eyeing off Walker’s spot as the third tall. I always thought of him as Atley’s replacement, but Atu/Turner have that covered.

Bonar plays the utility role on the quick half forwards or bigger midfield resting type like Danger, Dusty and Fritsch and also the mid sized lending marking players. 3 KP players, Bonar, then a couple of players like Atu, Hall and Perez who are more suited to the creative runners.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IN: Tarrant, Polec, Ford, Mahony
OUT: Cunnington, Thomas, Zurhaar, Atley

The quartet making way are Ben Cunnington (personal), Tarryn Thomas (concussion), Cam Zurhaar (shoulder) and Shaun Atley (omitted).

Atley has been named as an emergency, alongside Charlie Lazzaro, Phoenix Spicer and Tom Campbell.

If Spicer is fit enough to be an emergency, then just play him! WTF are they waiting for?

I actually thought that last week was one of Ats better games lately, in our best win for the year. To get dropped, isn't a good sign for him, but I wouldn't be disappointed if he didn't play seniors again. He's been a good servant and citizen of the club, but his time is up, needs to make way for the new crop coming through.

Just having a look at the two teams side by side on the AFL website and I still reckon we're a fair dinkum show, even with our big outs. No Cameron, Henderson, Miers and Selwood is doubtful for the hand bag brigade.
and Duncan is probably their biggest out of the lot. Was playing very well before getting injured. Unassuming, under rated player.

I actually thought that last week was one of Ats better games lately, in our best win for the year. To get dropped, isn't a good sign for him, but I wouldn't be disappointed if he didn't play seniors again. He's been a good servant and citizen of the club, but his time is up, needs to make way for the new crop coming through.

Likely going the way of Jamie MacMillan and co.

I’m sorry but People on the Atley to FA or possible trade are delusional. Seriously? Who the F#ck would take him & why ?
Reality is it’s 2021 & the game has passed him by unfortunately. There are kids playing for us with less than 40 Games that have have just about or passed him in that back pocket / half back role .
Bonar , Atu , Perez , Kyron , Young .
Can he play as a lock down on a small opposition forward ? No , Kane Turer has that down to a tee now. Plus we know what Weightman did to him a few weeks ago against the dogs .
Can he play as a running break the lines half back ? No , we know his , get ball , stop , prop , retreat , reverse , kick down the line - turnover . Aaron Hall has the position down pact .
Can he play wing ? Um No , who we going to move for him ? Frog , LMac , Polac or Sleevo ?
I’m not going to kick Ats whikr he’s down now like everyone here on BF is probably expecting.
But with all that evidence mentioned above … sorry to say Ats , Noble is not Brad or Shawry . Just being dependable & durable does not cut it anymore.
AFL is a ruthless sport .
Thank you for your services . Hope we can see you for a fair well game 👍
Kick, kick, boot, kick, boot, kick, kick.

I’m not going to kick him while his down.

Yeah right.

Won't win this one but interested to see how we go against a side with a great premiership profile.
Might be tough given the Cunners news this week and some injuries to key guys but some nice ins to cover.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back