Preview Round 20, 2021: St.Kilda v Carlton - Marvel Stadium, Friday 30th July, 7:50PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 35 76.1%
  • Blues

Votes: 11 23.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
1cdf8193414ff8bcc8f142828119d4fd.gif
Just put up the autopsy thread :)

I'm genuinely torn coz l want the good draft pick but we must smash these kents at any price. Next day the whole squad can go for surgery or get the covid and we can go to sleep till next year.
Saints by 100, King with 10, Kent dropped.
Get Hanners in for 100% time on ground. Full strength win by 100 and he can have the rest of the year and until next years finals to recover

Ok I'll double down. We WILL destroy them. Look at their team it is terrible. We are getting good players back in.

They look mentally broken. This will get ugly.
Stadium staff running checks on the scoreboard as we speak.

76MQ0hj.gif

Where did that come from? I thought it was you who said you supported both teams? It might not have been you but if someone supports two clubs I can see how they'd tip the other.

Ok I'll double down. We WILL destroy them. Look at their team it is terrible. We are getting good players back in.

They look mentally broken. This will get ugly.
Yeah this looms as a coach-killing game. The type of game where they get thrashed on a big stage and sack their coach on the Monday.

If Teague has lost the group and they couldn’t be bothered anymore.

That said, if Charlie returns that ought to get them up and about. At least initially.

Blues getting roasted atm. I hope we're expecting them to come out hard and fired up. If we played Carlton last week we would've won by 10+ goals. It will be a lot closer now, they might even beat us if we don't turn up.

Carlton's outs are probably worse than ours right now. They might rush Curnow or McGovern back so they have a target to kick to other than Silvagni. No McKay or Casboult means that we probably don't need a second genuine tall defender, so Clav is likely going to miss but is quite unlucky.

This should be a 10+ goal smashing.

Out: Kent, Hunter, Clavarino
In: Higgins, Marshall, Highmore

B: Webster, Howard, Coffield
HB: Hill, Wilkie, Sinclair
C: Billings, Steele, Ross
HF: Higgins, Marshall, Long
F: Butler, King, Membrey

Foll: Ryder, Crouch, Jones
Int: Byrnes, Connolly, Dunstan, Highmore

If Sinclair is injured then McKenzie comes in for him.

Where did that come from? I thought it was you who said you supported both teams? It might not have been you but if someone supports two clubs I can see how they'd tip the other.
The moron comment was harsh hence I deleted it. Apologies
I don’t support both teamsthough I have mentioned Carlton is my second favourite team so perhaps that is where the confusion comes From. But that’s nothing to do with why I’m tipping Carlton. This is the exact type of game we are expected to win. Think Melbourne last year or Essendon this year or tons of other examples from years gone by - this is not the lay down misere people think it is.

I hope I’m wrong but I wouldn’t be the pessimist I am if I didn’t tip Carlton for this one. If there’s ever a 50/50 game I always tip against us so that if we lose at least I get the tip. You’d think it would soften the blow but it actually doesn’t. Maybe it’s part of my superstition or whatever but yeah - that’s something I’ve always done.

Carlton's outs are probably worse than ours right now. They might rush Curnow or McGovern back so they have a target to kick to other than Silvagni. No McKay or Casboult means that we probably don't need a second genuine tall defender, so Clav is likely going to miss but is quite unlucky.

This should be a 10+ goal smashing.

Out: Kent, Hunter, Clavarino
In: Higgins, Marshall, Highmore

B: Webster, Howard, Coffield
HB: Hill, Wilkie, Sinclair
C: Billings, Steele, Ross
HF: Higgins, Marshall, Long
F: Butler, King, Membrey

Foll: Ryder, Crouch, Jones
Int: Byrnes, Connolly, Dunstan, Highmore

If Sinclair is injured then McKenzie comes in for him.

Why no Casboult? Surely if McKay can’t play they need to play Casboult. Even if he is pretty unreliable. They tried no talls against north and got demolished. They’ll need Casboult to just sit there as a target at least, and relief ruck so Cripps doesn’t need to. Similar to how we play Mckernan

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why no Casboult? Surely if McKay can’t play they need to play Casboult. Even if he is pretty unreliable. They tried no talls against north and got demolished. They’ll need Casboult to just sit there as a target at least, and relief ruck so Cripps doesn’t need to. Similar to how we play Mckernan
Cassoulet is injured isn’t he?

Blues getting roasted atm. I hope we're expecting them to come out hard and fired up. If we played Carlton last week we would've won by 10+ goals. It will be a lot closer now, they might even beat us if we don't turn up.

They'll bring Curnow back in & they'll play out of their skins.

I think Teague is cooked as their coach regardless of what happens on Friday night but it would be nice to put a final nail in their coffin with a big win.

We can't expect that to be a formality though with our poor form at Marvel this year and Carlton will be out to make amends for losing badly to North.

st-kilda.jpg

Small forward Jack Higgins is in line to return after he missed his third consecutive game against West Coast with his back complaint. Rowan Marshall is also expected to return with his backdated 14-day isolation, that was required after attending a COVID-19 exposure site, to end on Tuesday. Tom Highmore is another consideration one week on from hand surgery and trained on Tuesday with a glove alongside Hunter Clark who could be a left-field option seven weeks after suffering a fractured jaw. Dan McKenzie will be available having missed the Perth trip with concussion and medical sub Cooper Sharman and emergencies Jack Bytel and Jack Lonie remain in the conversation. Ruckman Paul Hunter is likely to fall out, but Paddy Ryder will be a watch off a six-day break into the clash with Carlton. Oscar Clavarino and Leo Connolly's spots could be looked at, while Ben Long, Dean Kent and Nick Coffield remain on the fringe. Brad Crouch is another to ponder after an underwhelming outing against the Eagles.

R19 medical sub: Jack Bytel (replaced McKenzie)

Verdict: Marshall, Higgins, Highmore and McKenzie for Hunter, Long, Clavarino and Kent. If fit, Clark in for Connolly. - Mitch Cleary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back