Preview Round 20, 2021: St.Kilda v Carlton - Marvel Stadium, Friday 30th July, 7:50PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 35 76.1%
  • Blues

Votes: 11 23.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jan 7, 2011
Heaven. I mean Victoria.
AFL Club
St Kilda
Is McKay expected back for them?

They might even get Charlie Curnow back.

Minga

Club Legend
Mar 23, 2021
AFL Club
St Kilda
- King and Weitering will be a big match-up.
- Who goes to/tags Walsh?
- Will McKay and/or Curnow get up for them?
- Do we get Marshall, Higgins, Clark back?
- Will Ratts end Teagues career?

Who knows! Seems like a perfect game for entertainment, given that most of us have resided finals expectations now. Give me that Friday night slot baby!

Jun 17, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
This won't be a day out for us. Firstly we will be tipped and expected to win...not something the team deals well with.
Hope Crouch & Steele come out firing after a quiet game out West because they'll need to be ON.
Hope King kicks a couple and can hold those marks like he did Saturday...Higgins hopefully comes back, and Butler keeps his mojo running.
Saints by anything from a 10 point loss to a 45 point win.

Oct 2, 2010
AFL Club
St Kilda
- King and Weitering will be a big match-up.
- Who goes to/tags Walsh?
- Will McKay and/or Curnow get up for them?
- Do we get Marshall, Higgins, Clark back?
- Will Ratts end Teagues career?

Who knows! Seems like a perfect game for entertainment, given that most of us have resided finals expectations now. Give me that Friday night slot baby!
Either Dunstan or Ross to Walsh - Dunstan would test him more physically but Ross is the better runner so he might be needed to keep up with him.

Steele to go head to head with Cripps again.

Saintbloke

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
Can't afford another game like last night where Kent, Membrey, Long and Billings just didn't get into the game enough- these guys should be producing more goals basically. Is DMac ready to return?

Agree with sentiment here. Any established senior players undergoing stricter load management or awaiting surgery should be pulled. Fringe and junior players should be given the option, preferably playing on to get a bit more experience. Not only does this ensure an uninterrupted preseason (and holidays - bonus for the player) but also frees up some spots for development, or to allow a potentially delisted player a chance to show what they can do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can we still make the finals?

Getting really hard now. Would have to win every game and hope others fall over. Ver very unlikely.

Ephemeral Hope

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 24, 2021
AFL Club
St Kilda
Footy gods take the rest of the season as sacrifice but please let us absolutely put the Blues to the sword. I want a coach killing performance. Perfect spot in the fixture to have this game, put a pin in their finals hopes and close enough to the off season that their fans won't chirp up against us from recency bias. They're a youngish side I want to see some physicality.

Steele to make Cripps his bitch like he has the last few times, 30 and 2 goals please while keeping Cripps below 20. Dunstan to rack up his 25 and closely checking Walsh, even rotate him and Dmac to just run him into the ground with physicality. Dougal Howard to keep Mckay so quiet that one of the other forwards like Tex or Bruce pip him for the Coleman. De Koening for them is a pretty good but young ruck. I want to see Paddy and Ro show no mercy and embarrass him like they did to Samson Ryan against Richmond, just put body into him and dominate in the ruck contests.

I'd be a happy man for the rest of the year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back