Preview Round 20, 2021: St.Kilda v Carlton - Marvel Stadium, Friday 30th July, 7:50PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 35 76.1%
  • Blues

Votes: 11 23.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blues forum talking about Charlie Curnow coming in. Hasn’t played for two years.

Blues forum talking about Charlie Curnow coming in. Hasn’t played for two years.

Will be interesting if they have all of Curnow, McKay & Slivagni - first time in a while that they’d field a functioning forward line.

We're in the crappiest position on the ladder. We probably have to win all to make finals, or lose all to make bottom 6.
We won't do either, and we'll end up without finals, worse draft picks, and tougher fixture next year... ugh.

The only thing to get from the rest of the season is playing the kids and belting Carlton, the latter is non-negotiable any season.

We're in the crappiest position on the ladder. We probably have to win all to make finals, or lose all to make bottom 6.
We won't do either, and we'll end up without finals, worse draft picks, and tougher fixture next year... ugh.

The only thing to get from the rest of the season is playing the kids and belting Carlton, the latter is non-negotiable any season.
Yep, could see this coming for the last month, not ideal

Getting wins and confidence into all our under 25s is important, best to focus on that rather than the ladder I think. Keep the King, Byrnes, Connelly momentum going. It wouldn't be great for development to finish below crap sides like Carton.

If we win the next couple, start thinking about the ladder again!

Who comes out? I want to keep Leo in the side
Won’t happen and is controversial as hell but Billings could be out. His role as a winger/half forward is easily covered by Byrnes, Steele playing forward more, Brad Hill coming up from the half back line, DMAC, Connolly, Higgins, Butler playing higher like he did last match, Jones playing more outside, Ross continuing to be a winger.

Getting wins and confidence into all our under 25s is important, best to focus on that rather than the ladder I think. Keep the King, Byrnes, Connelly momentum going. It wouldn't be great for development to finish below crap sides like Carton.

If we win the next couple, start thinking about the ladder again!

That's all well and good and I don't disagree.
Unfortunately, the AFL rewards the bottom 6 with an easier fixture the following year. Finishing 13th this year could net us an extra two wins next year. If we didn't have the worst fixture this year then we'd be sitting in the top 8. Sure I'd love us to beat the best and get there no matter what, but realistically you need every edge possible. The Hawks are having a good old tank this year and will rocket up next year, they know what they're doing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whaa? Don't you realise that means your leaving that dud Kent in? Paul Hunter has kicked 2 more goals than him this season! What does that say about Kent? Long is a keeper!!!!1
No I would have both Long and Kent out . Long did nothing on the weekend apart from missing goals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back