Game Day Round 20, 2021: St.Kilda v Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should win, but I can't lie I am pretty nervous as the day has gotten nearer. All this talk in the media about Carlton doesn't help our cause I don't think, and McKay in is a bit of a shame.

We just need to get the 4 points. We can't afford things to go wrong in this game, the Sydney game and the Fremantle game. Quite literally must win.

We should win, but I can't lie I am pretty nervous as the day has gotten nearer. All this talk in the media about Carlton doesn't help our cause I don't think, and McKay in is a bit of a shame.

We just need to get the 4 points. We can't afford things to go wrong in this game, the Sydney game and the Fremantle game. Quite literally must win.

4 massive ins, strongest team we have fielded this year IMO, should be a very insightful game. Backing Higgins and King to kick at least 3 a piece. How we handle their forward 50 entries will decide the game.

It’s 11:55 pm July 29th, not even game day yet … this is even worse then when you posted the autopsy thread early George, tsk tsk.

All good. Flying back from Perth after a lockdown. Surely we’ll be up and about 😬😅

I want to see us play smart footy. You'd expect they'll be coming for Max so let's create space in the forward line and look to hit up all our leading forwards... share it around. Then when they lay off Max he can turn it on and tear them apart.

If we just bomb it into Max in outnumbered contests it could be a train wreck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I want to see us play smart footy. You'd expect they'll be coming for Max so let's create space in the forward line and look to hit up all our leading forwards... share it around. Then when they lay off Max he can turn it on and tear them apart.

If we just bomb it into Max in outnumbered contests it could be a train wreck.

Liam Jones 21 intercept marks

Win by 40+ , wev'e been playing reasonable footy against good oppositions, Carlton looked as though they need the season over on last weeks game,maybe the coaches review is having an effect on the players,the club knows it has some internal turmoil to confront in the coming weeks.

Defenders: Howard, Wilkie, Highmore, Webster, Hill, Clark, Connolly
Midfielders: Ryder, Steele, Crouch, Jones, Ross, Dunstan, Billings, Byrnes
Forwards: King, Membrey, Marshall, Higgins, Butler, Kent, Long

This would be the best team on paper we've fielded in a long time. If we play with the same pressure and intensity we have post bye, we will give ourselves every opportunity to win this. It doesnt matter that Carlton have been the media target this week if we come out with full effort and play at our best.

Would be good to see the midfield bounce back from last week were Steele, Dunstan and Crouch all got beaten by their opponents. I expect Steele to go head-to-head with Cripps again, and we know this is a match up he thrives on. Dunstan will likely be given first crack at Walsh, who is their most important player. Stop Walsh from dominating, and it will go a long way to winning. Crouch just needs to respond from his worst game in a long time. Marshall and Ryder need to flex their muscles and take advantage of playing in a young ruck here.

Down back, no Sinclair will be a loss but I presume Clark will slot into that spot and give us that creativity and good ball use Sinclair brings. Up forward, Weitering will be tougher for King than it was last week. Just breaking even here would be a good start. Im backing Membrey in to respond from his few poorer weeks and be our dominate forward tonight. I'm a but surprised with us playing the extra half forward, but that might see Higgins or Butler further up the ground which I don't mind - it might get Butlers speed around the ball more to help catch their defence out of position. Carlton, similar to us, typically have 1 down patch every week, and we need to take advantage of that period of the game and most importantly, kick straight.

Saints by 23.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back