Autopsy Round 20, 2021 v Essendon - first win against Bombers at the MCG in 98 years

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe we shouldn't have held him then.
I mean, I don't disagree, but watching the free-kicks again they were 3 softies, they were there, but they aren't consistently paid for everyone. Hurts when 3 are paid in the final quarter from centre bounces.

I mean, I don't disagree, but watching the free-kicks again they were 3 softies, they were there, but they aren't consistently paid for everyone. Hurts when 3 are paid in the final quarter from centre bounces.

I guess once one is given they'll keep closer attention on the same match up to see if it happens again.

I guess once one is given they'll keep closer attention on the same match up to see if it happens again.
Ehhhh, if those free kicks were paid all the time then there would be a free kick every centre bounce every game. It's the job of the umpires to make sure that the best players aren't unfairly inhibited, which is what they did in the last quarter.
Stringer was on fire and all our attention was to keep him down, but if it was a different time in the game the frees probably wouldn't have been paid.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back