Autopsy Round 20, 2021 v Essendon - first win against Bombers at the MCG in 98 years

Remove this Banner Ad

Going into today we had ONE win in 109 years against Essendon at the MCG. Now we have TWO wins in 109 years against Essendon at the MCG. 🥳
This was our best win of the year 2021. Grit, against a desperate opposition. Our team just dug in, against all the odds. So proud of the club tonight..
We are a team, we all put in..

A fit Rowbottom helps in the guts.

Just don’t think we have a fit Rowbottom.
Fit Warner and fit Rowbottom would make us much better. Always Parker to drift more forward too

In case anyone was wondering, the Essendon board are in fact blaming the umpires.

I'm shocked to be sitting here.

"wE wUz RoBbEd By Da UmPs"

As sure as your arse points down to the ground, they sing the same monotone song every time we beat them.

Rinse and repeat - year in, year out.

Deluded fcukwits.

Dawson OUR All Australian in the team. They way we have seen his development during this rebuild.. from a low pick to being our star.
Very good season but I don't think he'd even make the squad for AA to be honest.

Great 2nd half today though and we wouldn't have won without him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't pick a best on ground today.

Parker - Absolutely sensational, his third quarter was match winning.
Papley - Very quickly becoming my favourite player, mongrel, classy and gave off a few gimmes today (could have ended with 6).
Dawson - Best kick I have ever seen at the Swans, yes that includes Malceski.
Mills - Is everything I hoped he would be in the midfield and more. Classy, hard at it and bleeds red/ white for the team (Our own version of Simon Black).

That second half was sensational by us, honestly thought we were off and had written us out, but this team once again proved me wrong.
Good comments, and may I also mention one Mark Bayes from an earlier era

What a win! This was a game I was hugely worried about, but they don't get easier, North will be a massive challenge with the form they're in and can't be underestimated. Navigate through that and we're building something pretty special.

Good win. I thought at half time we looked very tired due to moving around all the time. J did not think we could win on that basis. What a, team these guys are.

On JAT-L29 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I wasn't surprised by the third quarter given it has happened every week for a month.

Hahah Essendon you pack of losers. Nothing but a bunch of front running, cheating me me me dicks.
Swannies absolutely red of hot and showing huge ticker!
up the bloods!
So I take it McRobie ventured over to the Bombers board judging by his day off.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back