Preview Round 20, 2022: St.Kilda v Hawthorn - Marvel Stadium, Saturday 30th July, 4:35PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 28 59.6%
  • Hawks

Votes: 19 40.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder if they passed it on to any Hawks players?

Mitch Cleary

@cleary_mitch
COVID issues emerging yet again in the AFL. Four NM players + coach Leigh Adams COVID positive from trip to Hobart on weekend. Massive concerns with clubs still on commercial flights (outside of trips to/from WA) leading into finals More tonight @7NewsMelbourne
5:26 PM · Jul 25, 2022

See the latest COVID-19 information on Twitter

Hanners for Billings I'm guessing.

If Gresh or JWeb dont get up then Owens to come in
If Gresh & JWeb dont get up then Long to come into the starting 22 and Highmore to go to sub.

Think we should give Howard another week to be right for Geelong as will need him up and about to take on Tomahawk.

Hanners for Billings I'm guessing.

If Gresh or JWeb dont get up then Owens to come in
If Gresh & JWeb dont get up then Long to come into the starting 22 and Highmore to go to sub.

Think we should give Howard another week to be right for Geelong as will need him up and about to take on Tomahawk.
Would rather Owens for Billings then Hanners
Don't think Howard plays

Will be a tight contest should just get over the line,play Windhager on Newcombe as the tagger then move onto Geelong who is due for a loss you can't keep winning no matter how good you are so hopefully they just get over the bulldogs.
Unless the umps help you win 9 in a row with some very questionable calls in close games.

Predicting some sore legs after that one unfortunately!
I'm definitely nervous for our backline this week. Something about Lewis, Breust, Gunston with Reeves and McEvoy rotating is terrifying while we still don't have Doogs to man the tallest fwd. I thought I was #eco but my melting on the weekend proved otherwise lmao just please win this one Saints

I'm definitely nervous for our backline this week. Something about Lewis, Breust, Gunston with Reeves and McEvoy rotating is terrifying while we still don't have Doogs to man the tallest fwd. I thought I was #eco but my melting on the weekend proved otherwise lmao just please win this one Saints
Lewis is a concern.Wilkie has done a good job on Gunston in the past and Webster the same with Breust. But without Howard, Battle is going to be stretched. They might also play a 2nd ruck which isn't ideal.

Going to need the mids to step up to help take the pressure off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Play Hanners for goodness sakes. We've paid the bill for a Michelin Star dinner but haven't received the entree. LFG now.
Depends how confident the club is in his body, has played 2 VFL games in a year get another game into him and have him ready for Cats Lion’s and Swans

Windhager showed Sunday why young kids are worth getting games into , Owens against the Hawks for me

I don’t think anyone thinks the list is poor. If it was poor we wouldn’t be 10 wins. It’s average and that is where we are on the ladder. Not many players are up there in any media best and fairest. You could argue it’s because the coaching is average or the players are average. Only likely to have two players at the most in the top 40 AA list.

I reckon the Final Siren is the best player ranking system because it's formula and not reputation. They have us with 3 top 50 players ( Sinclair 11, Crouch 12) and 7 top 100 players in total. Jack Steele is at 44 and he's a better player than that and dragged down due to injury. Ross and Gresham 56 and 58 so just outside the top 50.

Geelong have 3 top 50 (Guthrie 17, Blicavs 40 and Duncan 47) and 8 total top 100 players most are a long way down the list. They are favourites for the flag.

This side is underachieving. Of course we won't have AAs, we don't win enough, winning sides produce AA players. Sinclair should defy the odds of that he looks elite A+ this year. He would be absolutely ripped off if he doesn't get a spot.

People who don't think Hanners should play if fit have rocks in their heads.

He's a class above all our mids as far as vision and quick hands are concerned.

It's opinion but with finals not done you might as well roll the dice. Like going straight up the middle with less than a minute to go and 5 points down type risk, you just have to give it a shot. Otherwise save him for Geelong and hope the wheels don't fall off half way through the match.

Sooooo, if we beat Hawthorn, Geelong beat WB (down at Geelong), and Brisbane beat Richmond (at the MCG), we’ll be a game clear in the 8!

Pretty extraordinary.

I don't think it's extraordinary. I think we expect that. It's when we hit Geelong, Sydney and Brisbane and have to win 2 of them that the obstacle gets a bit harder to jump over. We could do it but on the last half of the season it looks like a huge ask.

We have probably been down with West Coast and North Melbourne if judged on post bye form. Luckily we banked a lot of wins early so haven't lost all opportunity.

I was never a pro but I reckon mud used to leave me less sore than hard dry grounds. They'd feel like your joints had been smashed. Mud had give and if you are fit the extra slog shouldn't last more than a day or two.

If we hadn’t s**t the bed against port and or Essendon we could already be two games clear in the 8 with an outside shot at the 4…

We should win this week which just keeps us hanging on to the hope of finals again.

The dogs have Geelong, Freo (here), GWS (here) and Hawthorn. I’d tip them to win 3 and they’ll almost certainly win 2. So we need 3 of our next 4…

I just don’t see it happening personally but we always hold out hope.

I was never a pro but I reckon mud used to leave me less sore than hard dry grounds. They'd feel like your joints had been smashed. Mud had give and if you are fit the extra slog shouldn't last more than a day or two.
Boggy grounds used to leave my calves tight for a couple of days but a good recovery program clears that up, plus we’re not in a heavy training block so the staff will focus on recovery for them.

Bang on with hard grounds, you’d stillhave muscle fatigue from over compensation for joints a week after.

I reckon the Final Siren is the best player ranking system because it's formula and not reputation. They have us with 3 top 50 players ( Sinclair 11, Crouch 12) and 7 top 100 players in total. Jack Steele is at 44 and he's a better player than that and dragged down due to injury. Ross and Gresham 56 and 58 so just outside the top 50.

Geelong have 3 top 50 (Guthrie 17, Blicavs 40 and Duncan 47) and 8 total top 100 players most are a long way down the list. They are favourites for the flag.

This side is underachieving. Of course we won't have AAs, we don't win enough, winning sides produce AA players. Sinclair should defy the odds of that he looks elite A+ this year. He would be absolutely ripped off if he doesn't get a spot.

Of course you think it’s good but anything that has crouch at 12 is crazy stuff. It’s obviously a stats system. As I’ve said before we have mids who get plenty of the ball but are far to same days. I like the eye test and Guthrie is twice the player of crouch. Sometimes you really just need to watch players hopefully live but at least on tv. Our midfield is far to similar. Why do you think they play gresh there instead of mainly forward? We will never agree so you finish it off. It was my fault for commenting in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back