Game Day Round 20, 2023 - Gold Coast vs. Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geez for a premiership contender - which we are- the difference between a good day and a poor day is massive. Seem to have one of these every few months and it’s not great.
Falling over at pivotal moments, poor connection with the forward line and just basic skill errors resulting in scores against.
The pressure is also nonexistent. Opposition ball carriers have little to no pressure on them, contested ball falls away and 2-way running isn’t there.

I just do not see a flag contender in this current group anymore.

I do still think we'll have a good future with the likes of Will/Levi/Fletcher/Wilmott etc etc.

Chalk and cheese.

Suns working harder. Lowering their eyes going forward. Stretching the Lions defence.

Lions are Cubs outside of the Gabba.

Fagan. I’ve had enough. Not subbing Gunston, Rayner or Zorko isn’t helping. I hope Fletcher isn’t injured but if he’s fine it’s a big call considering Fletcher doesn’t panic and can run up and down the field all day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last week we had Ah Chee wing forward. Till the last 10 minutes.

Seemed to go ok for us.

But to keep Gunston in we tear that up and fiddle around with insufficient cover for Ashcroft in the m/f.

The players haven't turned up but serious coaching/selection malfunction.

Not that it would've saved us today

Got a lesson but this season has given me a lack of faith in our ability to learn from lessons.

We’re an improved team this year but we’re not consistently able to play a style that makes us look capable of a premiership assault.

Those fans who can’t derive satisfaction from anything less than a premiership may need to adjust their sights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back