Game Day Round 20, 2023 - Gold Coast vs. Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recruiters need to go. Haven’t drafted a single decent mid in the open draft since Clug

Even when we draft a midfielder (e.g. Dev), we play them as half forwards at AFL level, or insist on playing Zorko as a midfielder even though he's evidently cooked.

EDIT: Or use our sub to take off a winger, instead of playing Tunstill inside as he has at reserves level.

We need to persist with the likes of Fletcher/Lohmann/Robertson/Tunstill etc.

No point putting games into Zorko & Gunston when they're past it and not giving us much.

"Premiership window" is a myth. We can have a year or two away from the Top 4 and reload with a crop of kids to contend again very quickly. Especially with Levi & Academy kids on the horizon coming through.

Got a lesson.

We’re an improved team this year but we’re not consistently able to play a style that makes us look capable of a premiership assault.

Those fans who can’t derive satisfaction from anything less than a premiership may need to adjust their sights.
Idgaf about premierships. They are so hard to get and are a nice to have thing.

What I’ve been pissed off with last few seasons is we have the talent we just don’t have the right set up to get the best out of this list. Fagan has taken this team as far as he can. But it’s got more in it. Just need to get the accountability ffs.

That’s what pisses me off about this team. No heart.

Got a lesson.

We’re an improved team this year but we’re not consistently able to play a style that makes us look capable of a premiership assault.

Those fans who can’t derive satisfaction from anything less than a premiership may need to adjust their sights.
Yeah I’ve reached that stage too, which is sad because we went all in with regards to our trades/draft this year, which means if we haven’t been good enough the last 5 years and seemingly looking off again this year, we won’t have enough improvement in this group to win a flag with it.

Of course unless any moves are made etc with regards to list management.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We need to persist with the likes of Fletcher/Lohmann/Robertson/Tunstill etc.

No point putting games into Zorko & Gunston when they're past it and not giving us much.

"Premiership window" is a myth. We can have a year or two away from the Top 4 and reload with a crop of kids to contend again very quickly. Especially with Levi & Academy kids on the horizon coming through.
Do you keep Fages around for that period though?

Do you keep Fages around for that period though?
Fagan is 63 next year. I do not believe he will coach for much longer in general, mini-rebuild or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back