Game Day Round 20, 2023 - Gold Coast vs. Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well let's see what happens from here next week. There are so many concerns to come out of this game, so many more than Hawthorn as well.

They've been excellent, be fair.

Correct…well done to Gold Coast, they were ferocious…that win has been a long time coming…Gold Coast came in with big FU energy and they wanted it much, much more tonight…it caught us on the back foot

That said, they were allowed to absolutely manhandle and abuse our best players in close and gained a big advantage from it… that stuff will get picked under the big lights so it was a great tune-up for the upcoming finals even though it was a tough watch tonight

If Fagan mentions the 21-20 score attempts as a justification we played alright i will be furious.

We were nowhere near it today and this is on our lack of fitness and coaching gameplan. Talent can only get you so far ...

Correct…well done to Gold Coast, they were ferocious…that win has been a long time coming…Gold Coast came in with big FU energy and they wanted it much, much more tonight…it caught us on the back foot

That said, they were allowed to absolutely manhandle and abuse our best players in close and gained a big advantage from it… that stuff will get picked under the big lights so it was a great tune-up for the upcoming finals even though it was a tough watch tonight
I agree , Suns wanted it more .

We never really looked in it but it’s not the end of the world .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't usually like what David King has to say but I think he was spot on tonight about how we were completely outcoached and didn't have the answers tactically.

Gold Coasts blanketed Neale and we allowed Anderson to do what he wanted. Harris was forced to play 1v1 and took 0 intercept marks for the first time all year. Even though these things (and more) were having a massive influence on the game, the coaches didn't seem to even try to rectify it by switching things up.

We have been lacking a bit in that department but tonight it stood out a lot.

If Fagan mentions the 21-20 score attempts as a justification we played alright i will be furious.

We were nowhere near it today and this is on our lack of fitness and coaching gameplan. Talent can only get you so far ...
Unless some journos grow a spine and actually grow a spine, there won't be any reason to listen to the post game presser. Its just empty nothing statements

True.

But surely you realise he's hopeless when the game's hot.

Fagan needs to put that pipedream to bed .

I would drop him for structure not for form or effort.

To attack him for his effort is nothing short of preconceived bias.

He had a down game after three very good games. Charlie had a bad month.

Ultimately I think we are a much better team when we play two talls and would drop him for that alone, but the whipping boy s**t is so old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back