Autopsy Round 20, 2023: Hawthorn v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

* context...blues have been worse than us and you would think that they have won the last 10 flags the media carries on about them so much....

On SM-G988B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Rubbish. Carlton have probably been the most denigrated Victorian club in the last 20 years (maybe Bombers by a whisker). Just go back 8 weeks when Big Footy was all about the disaster that was Voss. St Kilda has largely escaped media criticism over the years in comparison. Sadly that is because the natural order of things is that we are considered losers.

His effort in his run home column yesterday (we're losing the last four BTW) was equally disgraceful. The next time he gives us credit will be the first time.
The line of reasoning he and others use amuses me. In other commentary he wrote off our wins against the Swans and the Giants because we copped them when they were playing bad. The same was said when we beat Freo and the Dogs early in the season. Under that rationale do we only earn any cred if we beat a team that's 12-0 on the ladder?
It's bending results and statistics to suit your own argument.

For example if the Cats win at home this week against Port will it be construed as a good win because Port are second on the ladder? Or it doesn't rate because they are struggling, having lost their previous three games.

The line of reasoning he and others use amuses me. In other commentary he wrote off our wins against the Swans and the Giants because we copped them when they were playing bad. The same was said when we beat Freo and the Dogs early in the season. Under that rationale do we only earn any cred if we beat a team that's 12-0 on the ladder?
It's bending results and statistics to suit your own argument.

For example if the Cats win at home this week against Port will it be construed as a good win because Port are second on the ladder? Or it doesn't rate because they are struggling, having lost their previous three games.

I guess they have to discount the Dogs and Richmond Premierships because they weren't the best sides of the year when they won. Carlton lost to a Sydney when they were s**t, and the Dogs for that matter.

I can see why no-one is getting hyped up on us at the moment. We play a boring staid style but discounting our ladder position is idiotic.

I guess they have to discount the Dogs and Richmond Premierships because they weren't the best sides of the year when they won. Carlton lost to a Sydney when they were s**t, and the Dogs for that matter.

I can see why no-one is getting hyped up on us at the moment. We play a boring staid style but discounting our ladder position is idiotic.
We’re also the second best defensive team on the league put on 9 goals in 15 minutes and have been missing our best forward for 4/5 year.

Caminiti with another 10kg of muscles, and his tendency to take no :poo: from defenders makes me worry a little that he'll skip right past Petrie and into big bad Barry Hall territory ...

... "When all you have is rage, every defender looks like Brent Staker"

As an aside, I think I called Caminiti taking a swing at Sicily in the preview thread ...
Pretty rare a kid comes in and Ross just loves them immediately.

We got 2 in one year.

Hopefully that means they are both jets. BecUse Caminiti turning into a very good afl player would make up the hurt for losing a few along the journey

Genuine talk they might pull out of Dingley.

Hope it’s true. But apparently the costs are insane. European soccer club levels of it.

They wanted the costs to be insane - any money sunk into Dingley is money not accounted for in equalisation measures. Hawthorn building Dingley is entirely about making sure Hawthorn don't hand over rivers of Tasmanian Government revenue to smaller clubs like ours.

They wanted the costs to be insane - any money sunk into Dingley is money not accounted for in equalisation measures. Hawthorn building Dingley is entirely about making sure Hawthorn don't hand over rivers of Tasmanian Government revenue to smaller clubs like ours.
As per location, they are cutting out lunch, again, so they can just FRO!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Genuine talk they might pull out of Dingley.

Hope it’s true. But apparently the costs are insane. European soccer club levels of it.

Is it wrong that I kinda want them to do it, have a methane leak and then have to tear it down immediately as condemned?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back