AFL Toast Round 20: 48 point win against norf

Remove this Banner Ad

Surprised Huddo hasn't received more love in here.
Was one of my favourites for a long period of time.

His commentary of the Nick Davis 4th quarter vs Geelong I also think goes to the next level when you factor in that he's a Geelong fan.
Yes, that is a terrific piece of calling. "I don't believe it. I've seen it, but I don't believe it."

Didn't know he was a Cats fan. Does make it even more impressive.

Unpopular opinion incoming. I didn't mind Sandy Roberts.

I'd have thought a lot of Essendon fans would like Sandy. 1993 flashbacks.

My instant flashback of Sandy in that game wouldn't even his best moment. When Boris kicks a goal and they cut back to him as he's starting his celebration, Sandy let's go with a big "ho hawwww, the Bombers are HOT!".

100 times this. He was absolute trash and utterly unbearable. Solely responsible for some of the cringiest s**t ever produced. I still shudder when I think about him calling Hodge "Hodgey", or caressing yet another platitude down Cyril's throat
He’s fine when he’s doing Olympic athletics, or any other sport. The miasma of the channel 7 box has ruined plenty of otherwise professional and knowledgeable commentators.

Surprised Huddo hasn't received more love in here.
Was one of my favourites for a long period of time.

His commentary of the Nick Davis 4th quarter vs Geelong I also think goes to the next level when you factor in that he's a Geelong fan.
Sometimes I feel like he looks for "the moment" too often, and it can be grating. But when he nails it, he nails it.

Horrible person and a fair utensil head, but I listened to a lot of Rex as a kid and you knew who had it and where they were. He painted the picture for you when all you had was the radio.

Sounds like I was in the same boat as you. When I'd watch the highlights or replays afterwards it was remarkable how well he'd described it...without really describing it. Used to love how he'd let the crowd noise tell the story too.

Bruce was the best on TV until he became a bit cringe-worthy trying set up Dennis and the other callers for jokes. As a straight caller I still think he was the best though as his enthusiasm always seemed so genuine, unlike most of the current lot who sound so fake and/or rehearsed.

I strongly prefer the professional callers rather than the ex-players nowadays. The ex-players are much better suited to special comments.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back