AFL Toast Round 20: 8 Point win against Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry - Your post referring to today's game has no relevance - You can post after you watch the game - I will say this is endemic to sporting forums - Many post about a game/match without watching any of the game or only a small sample - It sure doesn't help meaningful discussion.
Well actually yaco, he can post whenever he likes. He noted something he's observed throughout the season occurred in the game today. That is entirely relevant.

What truly doesn't help meaningful discussion is entitled posts like this one.

Sorry - Your post referring to today's game has no relevance - You can post after you watch the game - I will say this is endemic to sporting forums - Many post about a game/match without watching any of the game or only a small sample - It sure doesn't help meaningful discussion.

His comment was general mate and he did adequately indicate why the team's style this year links with what he saw in the last quarter. It's perfectly reasonable an observation to make.

Also, ever heard of a full stop?

Last edited:
I'm surprised the match committee didn't see that performance from Watson coming.
Colyer has been poor for a long time as well.
What is going on with the Match committee?????????

More evidence yesterday of some giant myths surrounding some of our guys.
Colyer and his 'speed'
Goddard and his 'elite' kicking

Because we only look good when we can play on our terms. The teams we have smashed further up the ladder have not and do not play man on man defense and have allowed us to control the game. I know we can not always control the game but we need to find a way of working harder when it does not go our way. Position on the ladder has nothing to do with it. It is all about playing well when other sides let us do so.

Our game style is pretty easy to stop just block the middle and force us to over use the ball.

Need to work hard in the off season and find other ways when the oposisiton doesn't allow us to play how we want.

it's always nice to put away the blues. Would've been horrid to lose to them twice in a season.

Yesterday's game was damn heart attack material let's be honest.

So we sit in the eight which is where we want to be, considering next weeks game.

So many questions still over players and team structure.

Interesting times ahead

It's difficult to rationalise being any sort of good team when you're carrying at least 2 players who are contributing a net negative value (Colyer, Watson and arguably Myers).

I understand the need to persist with Myers unless we bring in Bird but not the other two.

Would much prefer we blood newer draftees than waste games on these guys, no disrespect intended to them.

That's the thing that worrys me. Even if we do make finals there is no way we will b able to play like we do. Finals footy is contested , congested footy. Which will not suit us at all.

On SM-G930F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just re watched the Zerrett incident.

If Trent Cotchin gets a fine for hitting that saints guy then it's a disgrace of Zerrett gets suspended.

If he does then I'm appealing if I'm essendon. Basically exactly the same.
Precedence can't be used as a form of defence.

Sent from my F3115 using Tapatalk

god our goal kicking was ordinary. 5 goals 13 at one point i think?

should have been a 40 point win.

good to be able to scrap a win though when we are playing that poorly, haven't been able to do that for a while. Good signs

Well actually yaco, he can post whenever he likes. He noted something he's observed throughout the season occurred in the game today. That is entirely relevant.

What truly doesn't help meaningful discussion is entitled posts like this one.

Well I respectfully disagree with your opinion - This is a problem endemic to a number of sporting forums, not just Big Footy - You use the word entitled - I see irony in that a poster who watches little of a game ( at the time of posting ) feels the need to post about the game - That is entitled.

Well I respectfully disagree with your opinion - This is a problem endemic to a number of sporting forums, not just Big Footy - You use the word entitled - I see irony in that a poster who watches little of a game ( at the time of posting ) feels the need to post about the game - That is entitled.
Why shouldn't they post an observation from something they noticed in the game?

Was pretty windy and swirly today so would not have made kicking easy.

As for the match just glad to get out of it. Credit to Carlton, their coach gets the best out of them. Still can't believe the transformation of Liam Jones, he's now worth a high first pick. Key defenders who can jump and run like that.

Heppell and Tippa brilliant. Hooker's kicking is terrible last two weeks but is a beast at contested marks inside 50. Hopefully can find his kicking boots from North game where he kicked four straight in the last.

Hooker doesn't really have kicking boots. If he is close enough they go ppthough at a bit better than a flip of a coin, more than 25 out and it's worse than a flip of a coin. He's a horrible kick. Very effective forward because he can win so much of the ball close to goal but a horrible kick.

Hooker doesn't really have kicking boots. If he is close enough they go ppthough at a bit better than a flip of a coin, more than 25 out and it's worse than a flip of a coin. He's a horrible kick. Very effective forward because he can win so much of the ball close to goal but a horrible kick.

His run up almost looks like he's gonna fall over.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back