Prediction Round 20: Changes Vs Melbourne + prematch discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I mean it’s pretty obvious i remember these melts before the Brisbane game maybe we should wait until the game is over before throwing the toys out of the cot.
Yes it isn't as bad as people think, I am more concerned about the game plan. Banners won us the Brisbane game so he would be handy against Melbourne as well.

I don't mind it.

I think Banfield and Colyer are probably players 23 and 24 in our best squad this season. So rotating them between sub and interchange makes sense.

Henry is the one from outside that group who has forced his way back into the side and has shown something in his more recent appearances.

Fyfe and Switta the only ones missing from a hypothetical best team.

Crowden and Blakely already have their papers marked so there is no point in playing them. We know what they bring and they aren't part of the future.

Sturt? Who the heck knows what is going on there but he isn't busting the door down anymore.

Erasmus, Johnson, NOD. The only one of these three who is currently fringe selection is NOD and he is two weeks back from injury and not making himself irresistible yet, he may force his way back inat the expense of Henry by the end of season.

Hughes, Hamling and Wilson. They are depth. Our best 7 defense is all available.
I will be disappointed if Crowden doesnt play tomorrow.

30 disposals for peel for 2 games in a row.

Freo has rotated those 2 forward flank spots with Walters, Switkowski, Frederick and Schulz.

Crowden should be playing on a flank.

We played baldy last game vs tigers and I actually expected 3-4 changes minimum.

Again... Some dockers players played well for peel last week against a struggling Perth side. Some of them deserve to get in tomorrow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But saying that.... We got to win tomorrow night.

We win, that's our 13th win and a draw. That is essentially finals sealed

Assuming we lose every game for the rest of the regular season, finishing on 50 points, with four games to go:
Only St Kilda and Richmond can come into the eight at our expense, both need three wins out of four.
Richmond: Lions, Port, Hawks, Essendon
St Kilda: Hawks, Geelong, Brisbane, Sydney

If St Kilda lose this weekend they are probably done having to beat all of Geelong, Brisbane and Sydney
If Richmond can get through Brisbane and Port two consecutive weeks then they could get there ahead of us.

Meanwhile we need to just beat West Coast and it all falls apart for them.

Against Richmond, both Logue and Banfield had opportunities to mark getting two hands to the ball and not holding on. Kind of feel like Banfield has more of an issue with that. His late snap goal with that surprising curl was a good moment, but I didn't think he had a good game.
Here's a tip, it happens to a lot of forwards..

Play consistently good footy would be a start. He's hardly knocking the door down with his WAFL form.
🤔... Sturt and Treacy...It's almost like they're playing s**t on purpose because they don't want to be a f forward in a Freo side 😂

Tucker has been knocking the door down. Even though I want to trade him I would still reward his effort and play him on the HF line.
Yeah, if you're serious about rewarding form then Tucker's in the team this week - a team that's garnered 2 of a possible 8 points the past two weeks.

Here's a tip, it happens to a lot of forwards..

All over the ground - don't think there's a special concession for forwards. You could say Brayshaw did it last week too and it could have cost us the game.

Just think Banfield needs to be stronger with his hands if he's going to play that role of a hybrid marking forward- even though he does take an occasional contested mark here and there over the course of a season - its something he has to be more consistent with if he's going to be more than a stopgap player.

There's players that have had the issue over their careers - and I think he's one of them - whatever position he has played. He's a hard worker, brings the pressure, but he doesn't have the speed and polish or decision making of other players and doesn't have the height to be a main target for contested balls.

The Hand Wringers' Union I belong to has a permanent site there. Saves a lot of time and work.
I thought that place self-immolated when McGowan finally opened the border. Thanks for the tip, I'll check it out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back