Prediction Round 20: Changes Vs Melbourne + prematch discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

All over the ground - don't think there's a special concession for forwards. You could say Brayshaw did it last week too and it could have cost us the game.

Just think Banfield needs to be stronger with his hands if he's going to play that role of a hybrid marking forward- even though he does take an occasional contested mark here and there over the course of a season - its something he has to be more consistent with if he's going to be more than a stopgap player.

There's players that have had the issue over their careers - and I think he's one of them. He's a hard worker, brings the pressure, but he doesn't have the speed and polish or decision making of other players and doesn't have the height to be a main target for contested balls.
Good point - it's what separates solid from elite forwards at AFL level. If Banners and Treacy can develop in this regard, we'll be in decent shape.

Tucker has been knocking the door down. Even though I want to trade him I would still reward his effort and play him on the HF line.
Tucker is requesting a trade at the end of this year regardless. Rather play henry on the wing and give him a chance to develop than continue playing someone who hasn't shown much and is out at the end of the season.

Tucker is requesting a trade at the end of this year regardless. Rather play henry on the wing and give him a chance to develop than continue playing someone who hasn't shown much and is out at the end of the season.
Henry is playing HF though?

Tucker is out of contract until 2023 though. He would be a free agent too

I won't be surprised he wants out. Seriously, he should be in the team this game.

Not going to lie: I doubt this game was ever going to be influenced too much at the selection table. These changes seem pretty standard all things considered.

The weather and the Optus Stadium turf were always going to have by far and away the most significant impact on the outcome. Hopefully it dries up over there tomorrow

Not going to lie: I doubt this game was ever going to be influenced too much at the selection table. These changes seem pretty standard all things considered.

The weather and the Optus Stadium turf were always going to have by far and away the most significant impact on the outcome. Hopefully it dries up over there tomorrow
Supporters are probably fed up with crap we have been serving up since the Hawks game. Obviously no excuse for that behavior though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just read the replies on Twitter to our selection - ******* embarrassing! I swear our supporter base has got less football intelligent as we've started winning a few games.
That's actually a good sign. No footy fan is less knowledgeable than the one who just won a flag.

Tucker,Banfield?
Tucker has had numerous opportunities over the years and has rarely impressed.
As for Banfield the look on the Coach’s face when he blew the opportunity generated by the Brayshaw tackle was enough to convince me he wouldn’t be in the 22 this week.

Against Richmond
Banfield 7 possessions 1 goal 2 tackles
Walters 10 possessions 1 goal 4 tackles.
Why the love for Banfield and criticism of Walters.
Have a look at how Banfield performed in the wet against the Suns and Coll?
1.4 goals a game vs 0.8 goals a game.

Obviously going all in on pace. I’m not a fan of Tucker or Crowden but on WAFL form & considering how our forwards have been playing I wouldn’t have minded one or both getting opportunities.

But then I’d have played Sturt much earlier in the year as a fast lead up forward who is a reliable set shot so what would I know.

Well you can't say JL isn't backing in the current squad.

Perhaps if it were earlier in the year we'd be seeing more changes but with 4 games to go, and with the squad that has got us to this position in the Top 8.

Lobb, Taberner and Logue aren't bad options at all people. It's what the team collectively puts out that's going to make the difference tomorrow.

So we’ve lost it at selection because we didn’t change out our 21st & 22nd player? The other 20 are pretty good though.

Seriously if we’re relying on Banfield, Tucker or Crowden to come in & change our fortunes, based on what they’ve served up previously, we’re wasting out time. Surprised there’s been no comment on Wilson.

BTW, Lobb comes in for Logue & Logue takes Banfields spot. That is an upgrade, particularly against Melbourne.

Tucker is out of contract until 2023 though. He would be a free agent too

I won't be surprised he wants out. Seriously, he should be in the team this game.
Things have definitely got weird around here
I just tuned in to multiple requests for Tucker and Banfield to be selected for the game ?!
Have I entered a parallel universe?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back