Prediction Round 20: Changes Vs Richmond + pre-match discussion

Freoforever86

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 30, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Wants
In - Treacy Lobb Odriscoll Hughes Blakely Acres (need for exp with some of the outs)

out - Darcy (give him a week off, clearly injured) Walters (inj) Fyfe (inj) Banfield (omit) Shultz (omit) Colyer (omit)

what will likely happen

In - Acres & Treacy
Out - Fyfe & Walters

apuchar

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Football Club
Only O'Driscoll, for experience. Valente and Western not available. Get rid of Tucker, Hughes was garbage for Peel so I don't know who can throw him out, maybe Aish and bring Acres back for now or duman or watson. Acres should also be given another go as an inside mid, as well. We need to look for more rotations from somewhere. It's just his bloody kicking and lazy attitude at times.

Superkoops

Norm Smith Medallist
May 7, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Outs from: Fyfe (inj), Walters (inj), Banfield (omitted), Colyer (omitted) possibly Meek (team balance) or Darcy (inj) if Lobb gets up.

Ins: Acres (played well in WAFL 2nd half), Treacy, Western (??), Lobb (??), Watson (named second best for Peel), Blakely

Scham

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2004
AFL Club
Fremantle
Acres was shithouse yesterday but we are desperate and we do know that he can play acceptable games at the level. The truth is we don't have the cattle needed to be decent at AFL level. NOD is not ready but again, we're desperate.

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
You look at the Dockers listed players at peel and you think who played well this weekend to play against Richmond.....

Watson got 22 disposals and duman got 32 disposals. Both are 190 cm tall skinny defensive flankers.

Time to change things. I want either or both in and given time on a forward line spot. Acres got 27 disposals too.

As some people say on here. Our est 25 is good, outside of that isnt great.

Gotta rotate the depth and fringe players and kids.

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
Want
In: Western, Hughes, Acres, Treacy, Duman
Out: Schulz, Crowden, Fyfe, Walters, Pearce and Tucker

What will probably happen by the weak selection committee:
In: Blakely, Acres, Treacy
Out: Fyfe, Walters and Pearce
Just replace injuries, hope the little fleet do their thing and keep playing spuds.

Freoforever86

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 30, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Only O'Driscoll, for experience. Valente and Western not available. Get rid of Tucker, Hughes was garbage for Peel so I don't know who can throw him out, maybe Aish and bring Acres back for now or duman or watson. Acres should also be given another go as an inside mid, as well. We need to look for more rotations from somewhere. It's just his bloody kicking and lazy attitude at times.

what’s western done?

Sweetback

Cancelled
Dec 23, 2014
If only we beat carlton just once we would already be in the 8.

That is going to haunt the club all offseason if it ends up costing a finals spot losing to that mob twice.

You could say the same about the Essendon game, maybe the lions game. Not much we can do about that now, but we could try and win the next one.

beetz

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 30, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Tucker, Crowden, Banfield should be shown the door.

Blakely should just be thrown in the 22 for the year he’s had. Poor bloke. Perennial medical sub.

Acres no doubt comes in for Fyfe. Not sure if Meek goes out if that’s the case.

Valente would have been a certainty if he was alright.

Sweetback

Cancelled
Dec 23, 2014
I know finals experience is great and all but we'd be absolute frauds anyway (like whoever finishes 8th will be). We'd just get absolutely smashed by Port/Lions.

It doesn’t matter if we do, but we want those young players to have a taste of finals: the pressure, the scrutiny, the preparation, to take with them into preseason.

Outshined

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 12, 2009
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
I suppose a public wedgie in 2014 didn't do Richmond too badly in the long run.

Regardless, we're not making it. The way we responded to Fyfe/Walters going down today suggests it could be a tough end to the season. Hopefully we can at least see a few position changes like Henry to the wing and maybe Western back in the side to replace one of the underperforming forwards.

PH Docker

Debutant
Jun 2, 2021
AFL Club
Fremantle
What’s with the west article going on about the AFL demanding our boys to quarantine for 14 days or play for Peel come from?!

freo1997

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 6, 2011
munster
AFL Club
Fremantle
You look at the Dockers listed players at peel and you think who played well this weekend to play against Richmond.....

Watson got 22 disposals and duman got 32 disposals. Both are 190 cm tall skinny defensive flankers.

Time to change things. I want either or both in and given time on a forward line spot. Acres got 27 disposals too.

As some people say on here. Our est 25 is good, outside of that isnt great.

Gotta rotate the depth and fringe players and kids.

Watsom and Duman were awful, get off the stats page.

Odrisscol and Acres were the only ones who were half decent.

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
I know finals experience is great and all but we'd be absolute frauds anyway (like whoever finishes 8th will be). We'd just get absolutely smashed by Port/Lions.

Mate, If freo get 8th spot and get smashed by 80-100 points vs Port. I dont Care. I am more than happy to buy a ticket too.

Freo havent made finals since 2015 and I am keen for guys like Logue, Darcy, Cerra, Brayshaw etc to play finals.

It doesn’t matter if we do, but we want those young players to have a taste of finals: the pressure, the scrutiny, the preparation, to take with them into preseason.
Agreed....

Back