Preview Round 20 changes vs west coke @optus Sunday 4:40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

I wish Hugh Greenwood well with whatever he pursues next year. Should he decide on amateur footy reserves, he’ll still find higher standards and more people who know what they’re doing than there are at NMFC.
Gee I know we need to cut deep but easy to find a dozen who should go ahead of Hugh

This has potential to be one of the worst AFL games in history.
Which team actually remembers how to win and who will tank harder? Turner in is a good start to the tankathon.

On SM-G970F using BigFooty.com mobile app

This has potential to be one of the worst AFL games in history.
Which team actually remembers how to win and who will tank harder? Turner in is a good start to the tankathon.

On SM-G970F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Seen less tanks than a History Channel Documentary about Panzers
Still, looking forward to our boys playing.. could be wet conditions

Gee I know we need to cut deep but easy to find a dozen who should go ahead of Hugh

Agree. I’m absolutely livid that he’s not in, and I’m really questioning the appointments of those who think Turner and Howe are better options than him.
When a guy who gets >10 tackles a game sits out again and again because Clarkson/Ratten etc don’t rate him, i don’t think we’re in capable hands and I don’t even feel like watching. It’s like we try to lose at the selection table. I think they’ve lost touch with the game and I highly doubt that this mantra of not rewarding effort will bring us any success.
Are we tanking or are we being white-anted? Kayne f***ing Turner FFS.
Greenwood is too good for our disgusting scab of an organisation.

Last edited:
Agree. I’m absolutely livid that he’s not in, and I’m really questioning the appointments of those who think Turner and Howe are better options than him.
When a guy who gets >10 tackles a game sits out again and again because Clarkson/Ratten etc don’t rate him, i don’t think we’re in capable hands and I don’t even feel like watching. It’s like we try to lose at the selection table. I think they’ve lost touch with the game and I highly doubt that this mantra of not rewarding effort will bring us any success.
*en hell dude.

Breathe.

Be upset, but don't disrespect the club like this.

I’ll always love the club.. not the way it’s currently being run, Sonya and Jen aside who are trying to spin some positivity from a situation that we all know is worse than we’d hoped at this stage.
Maybe I should have worded it differently. I apologise if it seemed over the top.

But two spoons and fifteen losses, and in the most unshinboner way possible we’ve got our hands out for concessions (while not selecting arguably the biggest shinboner on our list)… that’s a festering something. Absolutely not the North I know and love.

Breathing fine by the way.

Playing turner is borderline tanking is it not?

Yes. I mean wtf. We’re borderline favourites, in some places probably underdogs, against one of the worst sides I’ve ever seen. And this is the solution?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate you’re overreacting 😘 if it was an important game say into top 8 then sure I reckon Greenwood wood be in but it’s not so save Greenwood for the G see off turner and get games into young players. Greenwood will be there next year Turner won’t and most likely neither will Howe. It’s where we are at meh 😑

2 spoons, 15 losses, no Greenwood. It’s a problem.
Greenwood isn't that great. The only reason we have him is the GC delisted him and he certainly didn't drag us off the bottom when he came here. If we lose to WC it won't be cos of no Greenwood.

Greenwood isn't that great. The only reason we have him is the GC delisted him and he certainly didn't drag us off the bottom when he came here. If we lose to WC it won't be cos of no Greenwood.

I think he was delisted in order to be RElisted, but snuck out the side door because he wanted to come to us which GC didn’t expect.

Recent times, he’s been top 5 in AFL for tackles. We need that.

Is he gonna be the difference every time? No. Was he great at the start of the year? Yes - arguably best-on a few times. Would he have helped immensely last week? 100%. We win that game with Greenwood in the team IMO.

But it’s not all about week to week. I know he’s no Carey who will win it off his own boot. Of course I know that. But he demonstrates the shinboner attributes that our kids will look up to and that they need. We wonder why our talent stagnates, goes backwards or wants out… yet we always select senior players who stink it up. What message do we want to send to the wider group?

Right now we’re basically saying “some have to earn their spot, some don’t, and if you’re a young talent we’ll surround you with senior guys who are clearly not up to it. Enjoy.”

There should always be a place for someone like Hugh in a team, especially one that has been as diabolical as ours as for this long with kids who need leadership and inspiration.

Last edited:
Mate you’re overreacting 😘 if it was an important game say into top 8 then sure I reckon Greenwood wood be in but it’s not so save Greenwood for the G see off turner and get games into young players. Greenwood will be there next year Turner won’t and most likely neither will Howe. It’s where we are at meh 😑

Do you think they’ll move Turner and Howe on and keep Greenwood?

Remember - the blokes in charge of the club now saw fit to relist Turner after he was cut, bring in Howe, and let Hugh rot in the seconds all year despite putting in 100%.

So excuse me if I’m not convinced.

Maybe I should have worded it differently. I apologise if it seemed over the top.
Maybe? Seemed? F*ck me mate, be angry if you want, it happens, but drop the qualifiers for the apology. "Disgusting scab of an organisation" doesnt "seem" over the top, its pole vaulted 10 metres over the top.

Maybe? Seemed? F*ck me mate, be angry if you want, it happens, but drop the qualifiers for the apology. "Disgusting scab of an organisation" doesnt "seem" over the top, its pole vaulted 10 metres over the top.

I still wouldn’t have it near the top 200 of what’s been said about some players on here. Strange how one is considered worse than another.

But no, you enjoy your bottom of the table clash with Turner running around again. I’m sure it will be different this time 👍🏼

I still wouldn’t have it near the top 200 of what’s been said about some players on here. Strange how one is considered worse than another.

But no, you enjoy your bottom of the table clash with Turner running around again.
Right, its cool becuase it isnt the single worst thing ever said, f*cken nice excuse there bud.

Right, its cool becuase it isnt the single worst thing ever said, f*cken nice excuse there bud.

Also strange how you latch onto that part of what I said, not any of the points made.

Accepting it is being part of the problem. Time to expect more mate, or you’ll be sitting among 4000 people watching losses for another 6 years. Do you enjoy that?

Also strange how you latch onto that part of what I said, not any of the points made.

Accepting it is being part of the problem. Time to expect more mate, or you’ll be sitting among 4000 people watching losses for another 6 years. Do you enjoy that?
Its not strange, you said something awful and got called out for it, very standard actually. That's it, simple.

It’s abundantly clear one fringe player isn’t gonna make a difference whether we win or not this week. Logic says it’s a (deserved) farewell for Turner, which I can live with. JZ and Cunners will get one at home, Kayne has given his all over a decade and deserves to be chaired off. Greenwood will play on next year. Extrapolating from that to “our rebuild has already failed and Clarko and Ratts are nuffies seems…a little unhinged?

It’s abundantly clear one fringe player isn’t gonna make a difference whether we win or not this week. Logic says it’s a (deserved) farewell for Turner, which I can live with. JZ and Cunners will get one at home, Kayne has given his all over a decade and deserves to be chaired off. Greenwood will play on next year. Extrapolating from that to “our rebuild has already failed and Clarko and Ratts are nuffies seems…a little unhinged?

“Unhinged” is thinking the same guys who thought Turner was worth relisting, Howe was worth bringing in and Lmac didn’t deserve at least a two game spell will magically see worth in Greenwood next year.

that is unhinged.
As I’ve said previously it’s not about what one player will do all on his own, it’s about the example that’s set and the culture that’s built.

The shinboner name is being dragged through the mud at the moment.

But hey, enjoy. Two spoons and probably a 16th loss in a row, what would I know?

👍🏼

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back