Review Round 20 = Collingwood 76-93 Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

BT called it there was a gap from the front view. I agree had the goal ump said goal, review it, it would have went our way. But the front view was conclusive. The side or original view did not show fingers deviating. When it's touched you usually see some movement. Seeing the side angles didn't allow for a clear decision but the front view was clear.

While I'm less than convinced it was touched, the opinion of BT does little to sway me one way or the other. Certainly doesn't hold any more weight than anyone else's opinion.

Meh. A very different result if we had kicked straight. Also players like Moore not finding teammates.
A tired team after a finals type game against Port and than a 6 day break. Talk of flu and stuff.
Nothing to worry about.
s**t happens

Maybe, maybe not. We were getting belted around the clearances for large portions of the game so footy back to the centre after a major is kicked held no demons for them.

What we are seeing between the Crows and Port is precisely why I was not overly concerned about the loss to the Blues last night.

Port look tired, just like we did. Except we still made a game of it. They also had a further 24 hour recovery. It was a taxing game, whilst the Blues played against witches hats.

We hold that 2 game gap .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Centre clearances 12-13.
If you break even teams will generally tick this off as well done.
But what makes the difference is how pure the centre clearances are and if you can score directly from them, it’s maximum damage.

Things evolve over the course of a season,
What was working and a need served us well but the questions I think now are going to become louder and louder around Mitchell.
Purely because the evolution of Naicos to now a midfield star who demands mins as the best player in the squad.

I think the season and the way we play can be incredibly taxing on players who naturally aren’t aerobic beasts per se and Mitchell really looks like he is beaten up and feeling the effects of either such a punishing long season being at the bottom of every pack or by the sheer price you pay physically in the manner we play on older legs.

He’s really looking vulnerable in general play to cover the ground and his kicking has been poor too…the latter because he cannot find himself the extra step or time he needs like a Naicos or JDG or even like the fast of mind Pendles.

It’s a huge time for him.

Massive news: the AFL have read through this thread and they're calling off the season - as no team meets the criteria for what you have to do in the season in order to be premiers - they're also stripping a heap of teams of most of their flags.
This thread gives me y2k vibes

I’m pretty confident there’s another gear to this side. You need to be at your best in September and win enough games along the way to qualify first. We’ve done the first part well so far and you can’t be ‘up’ for the entire season. Carlton were up for it, we were down in a lot of key areas and we got rolled. We’ve got some stuff to work on for sure but our best is better than anyone else’s I’m confident.
I also think you need to lose a game : get a rocket at this time of year.
Our lack of pace in midfield has always been an issue… hence why you need Nick, Crisp and JDG to be dominating, and players like McCreery, Hill, Adams, Markov and Noble providing extra run and drive.
Lipinski, Mitchell and pendles all working together are giving the opposition motivation to push up, bring the heat and force us to make mistakes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you break even teams will generally tick this off as well done.
But what makes the difference is how pure the centre clearances are and if you can score directly from them, it’s maximum damage.

Things evolve over the course of a season,
What was working and a need served us well but the questions I think now are going to become louder and louder around Mitchell.
Purely because the evolution of Naicos to now a midfield star who demands mins as the best player in the squad.

I think the season and the way we play can be incredibly taxing on players who naturally aren’t aerobic beasts per se and Mitchell really looks like he is beaten up and feeling the effects of either such a punishing long season being at the bottom of every pack or by the sheer price you pay physically in the manner we play on older legs.

He’s really looking vulnerable in general play to cover the ground and his kicking has been poor too…the latter because he cannot find himself the extra step or time he needs like a Naicos or JDG or even like the fast of mind Pendles.

It’s a huge time for him.
I also look at the blose and their contest beast game, with Titch in mind, he's that smaller version of a Crippa type.

As taxing as our close space, break neck speed transition game is taxing, I'd argue the blose game is also just as taxing.

Neither plan you can carry game long, let alone week in and week out.

Probably why we have frustrated posters with the 'why can't we put em away' thinking.

We won i50's and had 18 marks i50, yet couldn't convert, regardless of them taking the cp and clearances, our transition game still managed to get around em - regardless of how sloppy to the eye.

Something is a bit off no doubt, rather it now than finals time, if there was any unwarranted cockiness from the players I'm confident that loss will snuff that out.

Last edited:
Port going down for 3 in a row, Brisbane losing to a team in less form than the Blues. This round is turning out to be not so bad
everythings coming up milhouse GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back