Toast Round 20 = Collingwood 88-82 Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Just read first 5 pages of Carlton’s post-mortem

Lovely before my head hits the pillow
Took your advice and doing the same. This comment has made my week: “When I die, I want Carlton to lower me into my grave, so I can be let down one last time.”

Big shout out to WHE yesterday who ran like his life depended on it.

From M35 you could see him presenting again and again and again. Not always honored and it’s a pity because he was setting up fast plays from defence if they elected to kick to him.

Showed me yesterday what the TV doesn’t - he works so hard off the ball to do the team things.

We’ll deserved 2 crumbing goals as reward.

From M35 you could see him presenting again and again and again. Not always honored and it’s a pity because he was setting up fast plays from defence if they elected to kick to him.

Showed me yesterday what the TV doesn’t - he works so hard off the ball to do the team things.

His field kicking is elite. The one that bounced off Ginny’s chest in the goal square was perfect.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Thought this was a very good win - Port was potentially a bad match up given their tall forward line. Backline held up really well after the first quarter. First quarter there were some dodgy decisions and non decisions that benefited Port.

Adams being injured is disappointing even though he is very fumbly and not the best decision maker imo- however, it now gives a Carmichael an opportunity for a decent run at it. I think De Goey / Carmichael rotating between midfield and forward is going to give the opposition plenty of headaches.

Dealing with negativity in the Age of Wellness

I’m feeling just a trifle sad
I fear my mental health is bad,
To Facebook now I think I’ll go
To tell the world my tale of woe.

I copped some harsh words from my chum
And now I’m feeling somewhat glum.
I’m going to make a Facebook post
To give the prick a public roast.

Is that a tear inside my eye?
Perhaps I am about to cry.
Surely not! I can’t feel sorrow!
Leave me now! Come back tomorrow.

Life, they say, should be so easy
Without thoughts that make you queasy,
Perhaps I’m best to take a pill
To stop me feeling slightly ill.

To the Wellness hub I will go
For help to quash my trifling woe,
Mental health issue, go away!
Don’t come again another day.

TGG

Thought this was a very good win - Port was potentially a bad match up given their tall forward line. Backline held up really well after the first quarter. First quarter there were some dodgy decisions and non decisions that benefited Port.

Adams being injured is disappointing even though he is very fumbly and not the best decision maker imo- however, it now gives a Carmichael an opportunity for a decent run at it. I think De Goey / Carmichael rotating between midfield and forward is going to give the opposition plenty of headaches.
Yep , JDG has to be the main man in the midfield now. It could be the making of him

Collingwood have concluded July in winning form to consolidate a place in the top four after defeating Port Adelaide by 6 points. The Magpies started the game in a sloppy and undisciplined manner, before pegging back a deficit of four goals to reduce the margin to 12 points at the first change. The second quarter saw the Magpies play the game on their terms to wrestle back control of the game and apply adequate scoreboard pressure to take a lead of 5 points into the main break at half time. The third term saw the Woods continue their good work by maintaining momentum and hitting the scoreboard regularly to build a buffer of 17 points heading into the final change. The last quarter started with an early goal to the Pies who built their biggest lead of the day, before fighting tooth and nail for the remainder of the match to close out the game as victors to win 10 games in a row.

Collingwood won their statistical categories from sources such as intercept possessions by +5 (82 - 77), hit-outs were won by +29 (46 - 17), +3 for centre clearances (15 - 12), and Inside 50s had an advantage of +3 (55 - 52). Port Adelaide won their key statistical indicators from facets such as disposals by +83 (401 - 318), +5 for kicks (221 - 216), handballs were won by +78 (180 - 102), while contested possessions had a differential of +15 (151 - 136), and uncontested possessions were up by +75 (246 - 171). Clearances had an advantage of +8 (44 - 36), with stoppage clearances won by +11 (32 - 21), while tackles were claimed by +13 (62 - 49), and Tackles Inside 50 had a margin of +4 (10 - 6).
Marks went Port Adelaide's way by +10 (82 - 72), uncontested marks were won by +6 (70 - 64), and contested marks had a gap of +4 ( 12 - 8 ). Marks Inside 50 (10 each) was the only category that was split between the two sides.

Josh Daicos (26 disposals @ 50%, 659 metres gained, 9 contested possessions, 17 uncontested possessions, 7 intercept possessions, 19 kicks, 7 handballs, 7 marks, 3 tackles, 5 score involvements, 3 clearances, 2 centre clearances, 3 Inside 50s & 6 Rebound 50s) accumulated disposals with aplomb on the wing, despite several skill errors by foot. Josh was all about territory with each possession without necessarily providing much accuracy with his targets. Josh was also given minutes in the midfield at centre bounces and won a couple of clearances while he was there.

Jordan De Goey (23 disposals @ 52%, 470 metres gained, 13 contested possessions, 10 uncontested possessions, 4 intercept possessions, 14 kicks, 9 handballs, 2 marks, 2 tackles, 1 goal assist, 7 score involvements, 5 clearances, 3 centre clearances, 2 stoppage clearances, 4 Inside 50s & 2 goals) had a significant impact in the midfield and up forward by winning the contested ball, surging forward with numerous clearances, and impacted the scoreboard in the first half with two majors. De Goey, much like Josh Daicos will look to sharpen his foot skills, as excessive turnovers can destroy and kill teams.

Patrick Lipinski (21 disposals @ 76%, 316 metres gained, 8 contested possessions, 13 uncontested possessions, 16 kicks, 5 handballs, 7 marks, 2 contested marks, 2 tackles, 1 goal assist, 6 score involvements, 4 clearances, 2 centre clearances, 2 stoppage clearances, 3 Inside 50s & 2 Rebound 50s) contributed nicely in the midfield by accumulating possessions and making himself available as a marking target when the team needed to maintain possession or make further advancements into attack.

Scott Pendlebury (16 disposals @ 88%, 345 metres gained, 6 contested possessions, 10 uncontested possessions, 2 intercept possessions, 9 kicks, 7 handballs, 2 marks, 3 tackles, 1 goal assist, 8 score involvements, 6 clearances, 2 centre clearances, 4 stoppage clearances & 8 Inside 50s) produced quality over quantity, with minimal possession being maximised by his ability to win clearances, create scoring chains and hitting targets with a high degree of accuracy in general play in the midfield.

Darcy Cameron (16 disposals @ 38%, 267 metres gained, 12 contested possessions, 4 uncontested possessions, 7 intercept possessions, 26 hit-outs, 14 kicks, 2 handballs, 4 marks, 2 contested marks, 3 score involvements, 3 clearances, 2 stoppage clearances & 1 goal) got better as the game went longer by providing adequate service to his midfield at centre bounces, became a marking target that competed all day, and capped off his game with a goal.

Jack Crisp (16 disposals @ 62%, 276 metres gained, 9 contested possessions, 7 uncontested possessions, 6 kicks, 10 handballs, 3 marks, 4 tackles, 6 score involvements, 3 clearances, 2 stoppage clearances & 3 Inside 50s) provided territory with reduced disposals, contributed to scoring chains and tackled strongly.

Nick Daicos (21 disposals @ 81%, 405 metres gained, 6 contested possessions, 15 uncontested possessions, 6 intercept possessions, 12 kicks, 9 handballs, 3 tackles, 2 score involvements, 3 Inside 50s & 4 Rebound 50s) gave his team composure and stability behind the ball by hitting targets successfully and providing territory at all times.

Brayden Maynard (21 disposals @ 67%, 469 metres gained, 8 contested possessions, 13 uncontested possessions, 11 intercept possessions, 16 kicks, 5 handballs, 2 marks, 3 tackles, 3 score involvements, 3 Inside 50s & 2 Rebound 50s) was herculean at times with his ability to win the ball back as often as he did throughout the game, while producing solid rebounds from defence to give the team more time to defend behind the ball.

John Noble (13 disposals @ 77%, 310 metres gained, 6 contested possessions, 7 uncontested possessions, 6 intercept possessions, 9 kicks, 4 handballs, 2 marks, 4 tackles, 2 score involvements, 2 Inside 50s & 5 Rebound 50s) maintained possession successfully, while providing run and carry to make inroads and advancements of ball movement.

Nathan Murphy (13 disposals @ 100%, 213 metres gained, 3 contested possessions, 10 uncontested possessions, 6 intercept possessions, 10 kicks, 3 handballs, 6 marks & 5 Rebound 50s) showed tremendous desperation to halve aerial contests and took a number of crucial marks to prevent goals being conceded.

Darcy Moore (12 disposals @ 83%, 329 metres gained, 4 contested possessions, 8 uncontested possessions, 8 intercept possessions, 10 kicks, 2 handballs, 4 marks, 3 tackles, 2 Inside 50s & 5 Rebound 50s) produced stability and leadership to take marks and created territory on transition from defence.

Will Hoskin-Elliott-Elliott (12 disposals @ 83%, 401 metres gained, 11 uncontested possessions, 12 kicks, 6 marks, 4 score involvements, 4 Inside 50s & 2 goals) lifted his game in the second half with two excellent goals in the third term after being shut down in the first half.

Ash Johnson (12 disposals @ 58%, 294 metres gained, 9 contested possessions, 3 uncontested possessions, 8 kicks, 4 handballs, 4 marks, 1 goal assist, 3 score involvements, 5 Inside 50s & 1 goal) impacted the game early by hitting the scoreboard with an early goal, before producing opportunities for his teammates up forward to mark or score.

Josh Carmichael (12 disposals @ 50%, 314 metres gained, 4 contested possessions, 8 uncontested possessions, 10 kicks, 2 handballs, 2 marks, 5 score involvements, 5 Inside 50s & 1 goal) was the medical substitute for the second consecutive game, and again made the most of his reduced minutes by winning enough possession to create scoring forays, and ended up kicking a crucial goal late in the last quarter to thwart Port Adelaide's charge towards victory.

Jamie Elliott (11 disposals @ 54%, 167 metres gained, 3 contested possessions, 8 uncontested possessions, 8 kicks, 3 handballs, 4 marks, 2 Marks Inside 50, 2 goal assists, 5 score involvements & 2 goals) was significantly quieter than last weekend, but still kicked crucial goals when the team needed him to kick them through the big sticks.

Jack Ginnivan (8 disposals @ 62%, 5 contested possessions, 3 uncontested possessions, 4 kicks, 4 handballs, 1 goal assist, 5 score involvements & 3 goals) made the most of his limited opportunities to ensure the team got home with the points.

Collingwood's next game will be against Melbourne on August 5 at the MCG. Huge and high stakes for this battle. The Magpies need to play their ball in the forward half as often as possible, by winning contested possessions and clearances from the centre square to pump the ball inside 50 and keep it there to have a significantly greater chance of claiming victory, instead of relying on transition from D50 to F50 to kick goals. The Pies are prepared to run through a brick wall at the moment, and if this brick wall does get knocked over, then discussions of a prospective premiership will be flagged by the tabloids.

Attachments

• 9609A424-028A-4455-B2BA-2582050383A7.jpeg
    9609A424-028A-4455-B2BA-2582050383A7.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 39
  • 02E7C580-8A48-4633-8C5C-AE286DEB6515.jpeg
    02E7C580-8A48-4633-8C5C-AE286DEB6515.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 39
  • D8765C8C-5B26-4A66-861F-84823425C2E4.jpeg
    D8765C8C-5B26-4A66-861F-84823425C2E4.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 37
  • BF9304EC-05F1-4C00-8241-BCC5E64D796D.jpeg
    BF9304EC-05F1-4C00-8241-BCC5E64D796D.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 41
Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Collingwood v Port Adelaide​

7 Jordan De Goey (COLL)
7 Connor Rozee (PORT)
7 Josh Daicos (COLL)
6 Brayden Maynard (COLL)
3 Zak Butters (PORT)

Just watched the replay again. If that was fair umpiring, I'm a pumpkin.
There were so many wrong decisions, starting from before the first bounce.
Another example that springs to mind is the holding not paid to AJ when he was clear & heading for home.

WHE is a talented footballer that hasn't been well served by our team structure for most of his time at the pies. I believe we now are more suited, or rather he now more suits our needs as an outside runner. In that role of an all day runner and potential high mark forward he will have a chance to flourish.

Maybe Kochy should be more concerned with finding his team a new coach rather than worrying about what his loser team wears.

He’s right thought… we don’t own black and white. He they can run out in black and white hoops, sash , or chequerboard pattern for all we care.

But….. we do own black and white stripes. If Collingwood say no then no is the answer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back