Toast Round 20 = Collingwood 90-45 West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

He isn’t a normal person, he’s a professional footballer. Sacrifice your pay if you want to do it part time. How many other people get to pick and choose when they work? Not many.

Health and family first for sure, I wasn’t questioning that. If there is an issue you put family first. If not then you make a determination…professional football or amateur.

Steeles form has been up and down in recent times…if he takes a part time approach to no wonder.

Attend the birth, and get back to it.

There is no need for you to be such a tool.

Wow, that’s just plain embarassing.

There were a few of us who consistently called for patience with Maynard early days. In fact the outrage on here at him being given games, in his first couple of seasons, was a running joke. One post from that period that stuck in my mind was someone claiming their six year old daughter could do better. :rolleyes:

Yes but my six year old daughter is really really good.

Harvey finally figured it out after last week I feel. We were getting the ball into the corridor against Port but whenever we took a mark we would then look for the next chip in the middle. The run from behind is ultimately what killed West Coast in the corridor and every time we went through the middle, it was fast with the handball not the kick that opened up the arc for our forwards to lead into. Great adjustment from Harvey and he deserves praise for how he got that tactical message across.

Great post!

I suspect the reason we chipped looking to keep possession against Port was because they had their defensive set up sorted, anything forward was going to be a contest.

Wc somewhat allowed us transition, for whatever reason their team defensive structures are outta whack. Normally they force you 'down the line ' or bomb it in 50, where they sag off to outnumber and intercept. Not so lately. Reckon our match committee did homework and we exploited it.

I also suspect we don’t get that transition game against a good pressure team, we'd have to force the contest forward ala tigers and be gassed by the half.

Reckon as always we're gonna apply tweaks to this style (personnel, structures etc) depending on opp, conditions, venue etc.

A bit late with the post but thoroughly enjoyable game to watch. Good to see Fin play a good game and the other youngsters continue to develop. Think writing is on the wall now for guys like Sier and Cox.

An
This isn't about Bux - as far as I'm concerned he had his shot and just fell short - my take is that Buckley had his walking papers weeks before he 'resigned' and the playbook was forced upon him.
What is more likely about Harvey is that he is 'softer' after Buckley's 'harsh' style and the players respond to the 'nice guy'
It's called the 'new coach bubble' and it almost never fails.
And the bubble always bursts

Remove this Banner Ad

Back