Round 20 Discussion (sponsored by the No Trade's Club)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 17, 2017
Puppies
AFL Club
West Coast
Stupid campaigner has helped sink our flag chances too.

I reckon were still a good chance though.
Definitely killed my Brownlow bet i had on him :drunk:
Just clarify a few things, the incident was never shown on screen so most, myself and my father included never saw the hit off the ball.
I learned of it on the train via AFL.com on the way home and we were shocked and deflated.
The blokes I were sitting next to at the game also never saw the hit and saw the retaliation on Gaff as the continuing of the Dockers tagging, double teaming all day.

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Gaff was the nail in the Coffin to my Tragics Final this week coming ....and my SC Season

I'm in Free Fall now ......gone from ranking 2,500 to 3,600 ......it was not supposed to be this way !!

115964438.gif

ON0Z.gif

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
A good week without being great, was happy with my score of 2601 but i lost my qualifyng final in tragics 2 by 50 odd points. Won my main league and all other leagues though, i also krept back up into the top 1000 at 945th. Had a few blokes try and bring the team down like Luke Ryan, J.McGovern, Goldstein, McLean, Laird, Simpson, Heeney and Devon who all scored under 87 the pleds.

Thank god i had a few blokes go off their d1cks too and bang out some rediculous scores, Buddy, Titchell, Kelly and Clarry all had briliant games and Yeo, Brayshaw, Cripps, Merret, Danger, Gaff, Wingard and Gray (99) all playing their part and tonning up.

I also had Billings 110 stuck on the bench due to not being able to loop him with any other forwards, i think ill start him next week for Gaff and leaves my final 2 trades for prelim week.
giphy.gif

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Sorry for the late score post campaigners but have been too pissed of at Gaff the moron to post on here. :(

Scored 2,542.

Down 63 spots to 336 overall. :(

Gaff being a moron means I now have to play Holman at M8. :(

Won 9/10 leagues and had double chance in all leagues.

Don't really give a stuff anymore though as Gaff being out for weeks now and having to play Holman at M8 has deflated any hope or interest I have left in this damn stupid game. :(

giphy.gif

Same Here .......2,486 for the week .....just won Tragic 2 Final in an epic, nail biting & scratching battle

pincrusher almost pulled a match winning last minute trade of Dunkley in.....who scored 130+

But i fell another 600+ spots as a result & lost Gaff ......this means Rocky is my M8 & Fritsch has gone from the bench to my F6 .......hardly enough to go much further in the Finals :'(

Sep 3, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
Just clarify a few things, the incident was never shown on screen so most, myself and my father included never saw the hit off the ball.
I learned of it on the train via AFL.com on the way home and we were shocked and deflated.
The blokes I were sitting next to at the game also never saw the hit and saw the retaliation on Gaff as the continuing of the Dockers tagging, double teaming all day.
Yeah i know mate and the media dont care they want blood. Saying west coast fans were applauding gaff

Hes so gonna get 10 weeks you watch

Jul 14, 2010
Central Coast
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
GWS Giants
Same Here .......2,486 for the week .....just won Tragic 2 Final in an epic, nail biting & scratching battle

pincrusher almost pulled a match winning last minute trade of Dunkley in.....who scored 130+

But i fell another 600+ spots as a result & lost Gaff ......this means Rocky is my M8 & Fritsch has gone from the bench to my F6 .......hardly enough to go much further in the Finals :'(
Well done on the win. I'd just be making up the numbers anyway. Too many POD's that I should just have never traded in. Despite scoring 2450+ yesterday I fell 600 spots. Massive week. Going to do a comparison between scores this year and last year to this point. Scores this year are HUGE compared with last year. Someone topped 2900 this week. :eek:

Good luck to all still alive next week.

Jul 14, 2010
Central Coast
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
GWS Giants
Unfortunately I've had a busy 24 hours so haven't had the chance to read any reactions/ thoughts about Gaff. From what I've seen, I don't believe it was deliberate. I believe he meant to hit him in the chest but it looks like Brayshaw was off balance or lurched meaning his head dropped at the exact moment. I find it hard to believe that a guy who has never been reported throughout his entire career intended to clock the other bloke on the jaw.

Having said that, he deserves a long ban. The fact is he hit the guy in the head and broke his jaw. I feel for both of them because I believe they are mates. I hope they can move on from this and continue that friendship. Gaff looked legitimately gutted yesterday. Will regret it for the rest of his life.

Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Unfortunately I've had a busy 24 hours so haven't had the chance to read any reactions/ thoughts about Gaff. From what I've seen, I don't believe it was deliberate. I believe he meant to hit him in the chest but it looks like Brayshaw was off balance or lurched meaning his head dropped at the exact moment. I find it hard to believe that a guy who has never been reported throughout his entire career intended to clock the other bloke on the jaw.

Having said that, he deserves a long ban. The fact is he hit the guy in the head and broke his jaw. I feel for both of them because I believe they are mates. I hope they can move on from this and continue that friendship. Gaff looked legitimately gutted yesterday. Will regret it for the rest of his life.

I just read in the HUN that apparently Gaff is friends with the Brayshaw brothers and even played golf with them just 5 days ago. Andy must have pissed in his golf bag or thrown his favourite driver into the lake or some s**t. Bizarre situation.

Andy seems to see the funny side of it though.

andyb.JPG

Last edited:
Was out all weekend, thought 2,499 might at least be ok-ish but it was a week of huge scores.
Got pumped in7/10 league games, but was lucky to have the double chance in all so live to fight on another week
Won in Tragics, but that was more Nakia being hit by LTIs and some underperformers.
Good stuff on the huge totals and ranks.
Seems Gaffy belted Brayshaw?!
Very out of character for him.

Why wont Gold Coast play Holman the campaigner in the midfield any more gcsunsfc ?

It's not like you guys have a star studded midfield or anything! :rolleyes:
Hoping Benny Ainsworth gets another run soon, too. But they have a few options to choose from and other worthy blokes who can't even get a run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back