NRL Round 20 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

May 3, 2003
Warriorville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NZ Warriors, Wallan FNC
Game 1 over and no great surprise the Cowboys won.

The rest of the round seems pretty easy to tip with most of the home sides going in favourites.

Broncos by 18 over the Panthers.
Raiders by 4 over the Warriors.
Titans by 8 over the Eels.
Storm by 10 over the Roosters.
Sharks by 22 over the Knights.
Tigers by 6 over the Dragons.
Manly by 12 over Souths.

I wish we kept Ash Taylor, Ben Hunt is the shittest halfback in the competition right now, the guy is a complete and utter embarrassment. We are going nowhere with this guy 'leading' our team around the park.

Our defence is s**t, our offense is s**t, our halfback is s**t, no one cares that we're getting destroyed by the Panthers at home, it's just pathetic. I've almost given up on this team for 2016. Underachieving, just like the last decade.

Disgusted. I'm lost for words. Didn't even watch the last 15 minutes when the Panthers went 24-6 up, I just couldn't take it anymore.

We're s**t.

Holy s**t, how good was the end of the Raiders/Warriors game yesterday?

Of course it shouldn't have gotten to golden point - for the Warriors to score 4 points in about 68 minutes, then to score 18 points in 12 minutes shows the Raiders defensive frailties are alive and well, as is our propensity to switch off. But you can't be too disappointed with that golden point try.

I'm a bit selfish about my goals for this season. I don't think we're in a spot to win the premiership yet. So with that being the case, my biggest hope is that we get a final down here in Melbourne. I was quite shattered when we didn't get a Melbourne game for the 2nd year in a row.

I only left Canberra just over a year ago - I think most people who've lived in Canberra (and who didn't grow up there) would tell you it takes much longer than that before you feel like going back, so I probably still wouldn't go up to Canberra for a final. If we made the GF, I'd definitely go to Sydney. But I don't expect that to happen. So, as I say, I'm really hoping we end up with a final down here (preferably a double chance final in week 1, cos the Storm are tough to beat down here.)

Holy s**t, how good was the end of the Raiders/Warriors game yesterday?

Of course it shouldn't have gotten to golden point - for the Warriors to score 4 points in about 68 minutes, then to score 18 points in 12 minutes shows the Raiders defensive frailties are alive and well, as is our propensity to switch off. But you can't be too disappointed with that golden point try.

I'm a bit selfish about my goals for this season. I don't think we're in a spot to win the premiership yet. So with that being the case, my biggest hope is that we get a final down here in Melbourne. I was quite shattered when we didn't get a Melbourne game for the 2nd year in a row.

I only left Canberra just over a year ago - I think most people who've lived in Canberra (and who didn't grow up there) would tell you it takes much longer than that before you feel like going back, so I probably still wouldn't go up to Canberra for a final. If we made the GF, I'd definitely go to Sydney. But I don't expect that to happen. So, as I say, I'm really hoping we end up with a final down here (preferably a double chance final in week 1, cos the Storm are tough to beat down here.)

yeah true.

yep Canberra aren't getting near Cowboys, Storm or Sharks in finals.

Is Canberra (the city, not the team) really that bad? Few seem to have much of a good word for it.

Even when the commentators refer to it as "the nation's capital", it seems they are just carefully being polite!

Anyway, I've enjoyed watching the Raiders this year; they've played some good, entertaining footy.

Is Canberra (the city, not the team) really that bad? Few seem to have much of a good word for it.

Even when the commentators refer to it as "the nation's capital", it seems they are just carefully being polite!

Anyway, I've enjoyed watching the Raiders this year; they've played some good, entertaining footy.

After 8 years there, I came to see Canberra as a very nice place to visit for about 4 days - but it's not a great place to live. It's cold, too many Canberrans have an unwarranted sense of self-importance (a symptom of being a public service town), and they can be quite insular.

But everyone should go and check it out - the War Memorial, a couple of the galleries and old parliament house are places that everyone should check out.

Cold?

I suppose these things are relative! :D

I would argue that regular winter mornings between -3 degrees and -7 degrees is ******* cold for most people! Especially when I worked a job in Canberra that required me to regularly be outside in those sub-zero temperatures.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back