Autopsy Round 20 - Gold Coast vs Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Likewise. Ive hated the Tiges ever since they were a force back in the 70s. Relished the ninth mond years. Stats show you blokes get a lit more indeserved frees than my guys.
Uhhhhhhhhh................... Yeah nah those "stats" are a good one hey?

Does he have a position? I’m not sure where he’s suited in todays game.
If you look at what Collingwood did to us today and what teams with quality mids always do and have always done they spread us so far there's always someone on the overlap
Our mids just can't go with them to prevent it and can't work over their opposition to gain separation for us
My feeling is he'd thrive in a team that can provide him with some room to move
I hate giving up his talent but at this stage of our development I could live with him walking if we traded for a high possession skilled midfielder
My reluctance in this is borne out by our historical inability to trade well

Uhhhhhhhhh................... Yeah nah those "stats" are a good one hey?
"Just not a fan of what looks like a team constantly being the beneficiary of dubious calls".

Stats are more reliable than your biased perception quoted above, I would say.

Anyway, I'm sure a little side-banter from supporters of 2 neutral teams in the Suns Gameday thread isn't welcome, so I'll be on my way. Apologies Mods, not my intention to derail this thread.

"Just not a fan of what looks like a team constantly being the beneficiary of dubious calls".

Stats are more reliable than your biased perception quoted above, I would say.

Anyway, I'm sure a little side-banter from supporters of 2 neutral teams in the Suns Gameday thread isn't welcome, so I'll be on my way. Apologies Mods, not my intention to derail this thread.
Look at the stats again.

Yes sorry mods, legitimately forgot where I was.

It felt like bizarro world
Yeah that's our bad, we aren't known for our class.

Anyway, shattered to see GC lose like that. It's never fun, even when you're winning.

Yeah that's our bad, we aren't known for our class.

Anyway, shattered to see GC lose like that. It's never fun, even when you're winning.
My kids don't watch anymore
My eldest was 3 when he joined as a foundation member, the other one in his mother's belly
Funnily enough they want to barrack for Collingwood! lol
You can see by the radio silence on the board we've run out of things to say positive and negative
Now it's just an overwhelming sense of awful deja vu week in week out

My kids don't watch anymore
My eldest was 3 when he joined as a foundation member, the other one in his mother's belly
Funnily enough they want to barrack for Collingwood! lol
You can see by the radio silence on the board we've run out of things to say positive and negative
Now it's just an overwhelming sense of awful deja vu week in week out
I don't want to claim that Richmond was ever in GCs situation, but growing up being a tigers supporter it was misery week in week out, but now that we are going alright it makes those years sweeter and I wouldn't trade them for anything. If your kids do stick with the sun's (and I think once you pick a team you should stick with it) once they come good it will make it all the more satisfying.

I can understand the urge though. It's not the end of the world, but it's tough supporting a team when you feel like you never get anything in return. Especially as a kid.

I don't want to claim that Richmond was ever in GCs situation, but growing up being a tigers supporter it was misery week in week out, but now that we are going alright it makes those years sweeter and I wouldn't trade them for anything. If your kids do stick with the sun's (and I think once you pick a team you should stick with it) once they come good it will make it all the more satisfying.

I can understand the urge though. It's not the end of the world, but it's tough supporting a team when you feel like you never get anything in return. Especially as a kid.
In regards to the radio silence, I was honestly wondering if it was because of current form or because the fans just didn't exist on this website.

If you look at what Collingwood did to us today and what teams with quality mids always do and have always done they spread us so far there's always someone on the overlap
Our mids just can't go with them to prevent it and can't work over their opposition to gain separation for us
Yep. They had 17 scoring shots to our 3 from stoppages & pretty much sums up the two midfields.

We come out of the woodwork in trade week when there is some level of hope for the future
Hopefully this year is a little better to you guys.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My feeling is he'd thrive in a team that can provide him with some room to move
I hate giving up his talent but at this stage of our development I could live with him walking if we traded for a high possession skilled midfielder
My reluctance in this is borne out by our historical inability to trade well
I think Martin best position is Luke Hodge quarter back role, but the midfield is pretty poo and lack of speed . Hopefully getting Rowell and Budarick help..

Yep. They had 17 scoring shots to our 3 from stoppages & pretty much sums up the two midfields.
Collingwood have a skillfull speedy midfield we have the slowest least skilled in the competition. All over.
A skillfull midfield with some speed is everything in Australian Rules until we get that we ain't moving from our current position.

I think Martin best position is Luke Hodge quarter back role, but the midfield is pretty poo and lack of speed . Hopefully getting Rowell and Budarick help..
I think his best position is somewhere where he can be lazy, uncommitted, use about 10% of his skill a get away with by riding on the back of his teamates.

Hint it's not at the GC Suns.

I think his best position is somewhere where he can be lazy, uncommitted, use about 10% of his skill a get away with by riding on the back of his teamates.

Can't go to North then as they already have Aaron Hall

[/QUOTEhe next stringer lazy don't have the tank depend on team-mate at Bulldog.

Last edited:
I saw only parts of the first half.
Not inclined to go and watch the replay.

Dawson seems to be getting a wrap but I saw him beaten 1 on 1 basically every time the ball was kicked to his opponent in the 15 or so minutes I saw.

Did he just get a few cheap uncontested possessions around the backline or did he actually defend and nullify his opponent well?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I saw only parts of the first half.
Not inclined to go and watch the replay.

Dawson seems to be getting a wrap but I saw him beaten 1 on 1 basically every time the ball was kicked to his opponent in the 15 or so minutes I saw.

Did he just get a few cheap uncontested possessions around the backline or did he actually defend and nullify his opponent well?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
He was better than was you saw. I remember when he actually beat Treloar in one on one contest which actually shocked me :)

That was hard to watch for me.

We started well in 1 QTR but terrible turnovers hurt us (Harbrow, Macpherson).
2 and 3 QTR were terrible. Pies started to dominate clearances, our tackles did not stick again. It was kids against adults. Confidence shot. Pies midfield class showed up.
In the last QTR we at least did not lay down.

Dew mention after Bombers game that we need to add some muscles in the off season. I can't wait. In running capacity we are on the right track I think.

Dawson - surprise, surprise, one of the positives. He probably earned extension with Suns. It just only highlights how crappy NEAFL is in preparing young players for AFL and that young players need at least 3-5 games to adjust to AFL.

Ballard, King, Lukosius - a big positive. Interestingly, the 15 losses in a row did not seem to have too much impact on them contrary to some other players.

Harbrow - I just hope his drop in form is due to sore groin or something. He can't guard anyone one on one.

Witts looked tired and banged up. One game rest would not hurt, the same for Swallow.

Bowes, Ainsworth - as expected nowhere near top form. I will just be happy if they finish the season healthy. We need to put as many games into them as we can.

Martin - that was really disappointing performance. I can't imagine he stays.

Wright - show some aggression, otherwise more NEAFL games looming.

Day in the ruck - did not look good against Grundy.

I almost forgot another positive - after performance like this we are still in the running for pick 1 and PP 2.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back