Preview Round 20 - Lions vs the Hawks, 2:10pm, Sunday Aug 1 @ UTAS Stadium, Launceston (at the moment)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough
Tasmania being a green travel zone for Queensland should mean we return home to await next weeks venue draw

Next week planned game is in WA
At present WA has Queensland a Red (Medium Risk) the same as NSW (go figure) as well as SA & Vic meaning 14 day quarantine.
Only NZ, TAS & NT listed as Very Low Risk
They could downgrade Queensland to Low Risk but that is still 14 days
Very Low Risk rating would be okay but that could be weeks away

Unless AFL players are going to be treated differently in WA can't see any teams going there anytime soon

Straight to Perth from Launnie

Not surprised but still sad at another game that I wont get to attend.

Also would have been really good to get some decent MCG practice

The way things are going I'm not sure it is going to matter this season. I genuinely can't see Vic Health being ok with a decent sized crowd even by finals given all of the transmission at the MCG/AAMI Park.

The way things are going I'm not sure it is going to matter this season. I genuinely can't see Vic Health being ok with a decent sized crowd even by finals given all of the transmission at the MCG/AAMI Park.

Watching one of the footy shows over the weekend & Tom Morris seemed to be pushing the Optus Stadium bandwagon if the game wasn't at the MCG. I was gobsmacked. I know it's a great stadium, but that's going to count for squat if there's someone sneezes over there the week of the grand final & he bans crowds from attending.

They so much as get a handful of cases & there won't be crowds allowed. It's a massive risk to take for the AFL.

I'd have thought if the finals series can't be held in Melbourne then split across the Gabba / Metricon / and maybe Adelaide would be the way forward.

That day Rocky had a lazy 43 disposals to Pies best Dane Swann 28
Lions goals: Freeman 4 (only 8 disposals), Merrett 3, Green & Zorko 2 each

We also had a young side
Average Games played: Lions 94 games to Pies 64 games

Jack Crisp played for the Lions that day had 22 disposals, 5 marks, 1 goal 3 behinds
Went to the Pies the following year

2014. Great night against the Pies.

That day Rocky had a lazy 43 disposals to Pies best Dane Swann 28
Lions goals: Freeman 4 (only 8 disposals), Merrett 3, Green & Zorko 2 each

We also had a young side
Average Games played: Lions 94 games to Pies 64 games

Jack Crisp played for the Lions that day had 22 disposals, 5 marks, 1 goal 3 behinds
Went to the Pies the following year

Wow, was this the victory against the Pies that made them have an emergency members meeting? lmfao.

Compared to the s**t show the club has been the last two years now (both off & on the field) that was quite tame in comparison :D

Wow, was this the victory against the Pies that made them have an emergency members meeting? lmfao.

Compared to the sh*t show the club has been the last two years now (both off & on the field) that was quite tame in comparison :D

Well they only sacked their favourite son for the s**t show no biggie😉

Unique record this year - we will be entering finals without playing a single game at MCG.

In the recent rip through it Mitch talked about the Richmond game and said they haven't won at the MCG for years and they wanted to break that streak. But... Covid...

2014. Great night against the Pies.

LOL given it's the highlights I'd assumed they'd show all the goals. Nope, basically showed alternating team goals all through despite us beating them by 10 goals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lets be honest, we should win this comfortably but gee I'm nervous already and feel like this is a danger game. I was looking at the draw and I reckon, if we can snag all four, we are a chance to finish third. Dead-set. Melbourne and Port have some tricky games, but we just can't afford to lose one and the next fortnight will be touch especially if HAwks bring there best, which has been pretty good when they bring it.

I reckon our Tassie Lions crew love playing down there and even the coaches; Fages and Zane and then Birch and Mitch.

Hoping Nakia can get a game even on limited TOG and I'd drop Madden. Watched the replay again and he has no instinct.

I'd love Ah Chee to get some consistent game time up forward as I think its his best spot, but I also like this idea of Cocky getting some game time before finals
I would have said, AhChee back to replace Birchall but I know that isn’t going to happen.
I just think we are a better team defensively when AhChee plays back.

I'd love Ah Chee to get some consistent game time up forward as I think its his best spot, but I also like this idea of Cocky getting some game time before finals

Four games into Berry, Cockatoo & Fullarton, as well as Adams coming back this week or next is about as good as good as we're going to be for finals.

Lets be honest, we should win this comfortably but gee I'm nervous already and feel like this is a danger game. I was looking at the draw and I reckon, if we can snag all four, we are a chance to finish third. Dead-set. Melbourne and Port have some tricky games, but we just can't afford to lose one and the next fortnight will be touch especially if HAwks bring there best, which has been pretty good when they bring it.

I reckon our Tassie Lions crew love playing down there and even the coaches; Fages and Zane and then Birch and Mitch.

Hoping Nakia can get a game even on limited TOG and I'd drop Madden. Watched the replay again and he has no instinct.
I reckon Madden will be fine - for a project player he has already shown more than I would have expected. Still being bothered by the broken hand as well from what I can tell.

From the AFL site "in the mix"

With a win over Gold Coast and no new injuries, you wouldn't expect too many changes for Sunday's game against Hawthorn in Launceston. Nakia Cockatoo was the medical sub against the Suns and now seems like the perfect time to see what the former Cat can do at the top level. Who he could replace is a difficult question. James Madden would be unlucky to be left out, Jarrod Berry still looks rusty or perhaps veteran Grant Birchall would be due a rest, although unlikely in his hometown against his former club.

R15 medical sub: Nakia Cockatoo (unused)

Verdict: Cockatoo for Madden. – Michael Whiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back