Preview Round 20 - Lions vs the Hawks, 2:10pm, Sunday Aug 1 @ UTAS Stadium, Launceston (at the moment)

Status
Not open for further replies.

davemc_lions

Premiership Player
Aug 21, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Prior is the obvious option that's not currently in the team. If you're not sure he's gone past Birchall then you're not dropping Birchall, because Prior is definitely better than Michael or Smith at this stage.
yes above Michael and B Smith.
I like to get games into Prior as Birchall short term now you think, unless they think Birchall going around next year.
Although Prior been playing 50% game time in AFL and was on a wing in VFL it seemed yesterday.
So not sure.. also cannot see Birchall getting dropped anytime soon.. Fagan sticks with players.

you think playing Kiddy of HB yesterday they might think he could be long term HB. Or could be Cockatoo played that role and he had to fit somewhere :)

I like to keep Ah Chee forward for a few weeks and although saying that I think now he finding touch we need to play Cockatoo.
Also like to keep Dev in seniors and give Madden some more weeks.
So who knows who gets dropped not be Birchall :)

Nov 26, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Once you accept Joe is unconventional it is easier to watch him without wanting to throw something at the telly. The type of player who could ripped a grand final apart however too many players like him and you are no chance of making a GF.
I feel much the same with both him and Charlie. I just accept they will have down moments that I am frustrated by but that is overweighed by the massive highs they can bring

growler

Team Captain
Jun 16, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Screenshot_20210726-112550_Instagram.jpg

BangyBangy

BangyBangyMightyLoins
Oct 16, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Wouldn't it be nice if he turned into Lynchy/Tom Hawkins type gorilla forward one day.

Lol, baring some quality eastern blok supplements, I think that may be a bridge too far.

He's put muscle on over the last few seasons, but obviously he's a hard gainer.

Even 5kg would probably make a considerable difference. Might be possible with a window in front of him with a substantially reduced cardio workload.

T Rick

Premium Platinum
Sep 20, 2007
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Ah Chee had 5 tackles, two goals and the third most pressure acts of any forward (only three behind Linc). He played his role and will hold his spot. I'm really not sure why people still want to drop him at every chance.
Ah Chee is a reliable kick for goal as well!

fugitive

Club Legend
Aug 3, 2002
Sydney
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Brisbane Lions
Lol, baring some quality eastern blok supplements, I think that may be a bridge too far.

He's put muscle on over the last few seasons, but obviously he's a hard gainer.

Even 5kg would probably make a considerable difference. Might be possible with a window in front of him with a substantially reduced cardio workload.

Definitely be a stretch given his lanky frame but not impossible. Just feel that we waste far too many scoring opportunities with our scrappy forward half game and if one of our forwards became a real focal point who can rag doll defenders and kick straight, we’d be murdering teams.

Paul Mac

All Australian
Jun 5, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
The guys kicked 33 goals playing as a forward/ruck with 4 rounds left. He’s on track for a 45 goal season. How many forward/rucks have done that in recent memory?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I was not saying he is going badly. It was just in reply to Mt Isa Mustang's comment where commentary he has heard saying he hasn't worked as a main spearhead. He hasn't played full forward all year, that was what i was responding to. I think he has been ok for what it's worth.

Noofa Murphy

Rookie
Apr 1, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
She will be a wet one as well - rain all weekend. rain pretty much all week just gone but the ground has not been in use over weekend so will be ok nick

May 5, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
interesting watching the VFL feed from one camera.. Lots just stand there wait for the kick out of def 50.. Everyone in zones.
Then when it out of our forward 50 the other way players in space and they chip it out to they hit our zone further out.
Hmm doesn't sound like we like running it out or even running and chipping thenrunning and chipping and overlap.
Pretty much like the sides that flog us do.
Go figure.

Nov 26, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Confirmed to be Tasmania.
Fair enough
Tasmania being a green travel zone for Queensland should mean we return home to await next weeks venue draw

Next week planned game is in WA
At present WA has Queensland a Red (Medium Risk) the same as NSW (go figure) as well as SA & Vic meaning 14 day quarantine.
Only NZ, TAS & NT listed as Very Low Risk
They could downgrade Queensland to Low Risk but that is still 14 days
Very Low Risk rating would be okay but that could be weeks away

Unless AFL players are going to be treated differently in WA can't see any teams going there anytime soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back