Preview Round 20 - Lions vs the Hawks, 2:10pm, Sunday Aug 1 @ UTAS Stadium, Launceston (at the moment)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

lioninthesand

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 22, 2016
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
What announcement though? Despite what was being said publicly (as KB says, lying is the first language of the AFL), everyone already knew he wasn't coaching next year. Today was embarrassing (despite the best bullshit spin put on by Clarko, Sam & Kennett), and essentially just a public confirmation of what most thought was going to happen.

So what are they 'getting up' for? What's inspiring the team? The fact this is Clarko's fourth last time as coach for the Hawks?

I think this would have been a fairly emotional week and today would have been a massive pressure valve release.

Mitchell said they have the rest of the season to honour Clarko.

There is defs be a reason for them to play well.

If we were going along nicely, I wouldn't be worried - but given our terrible form, plus Launceston plus the unknown of what today's announcement will do - I think there's enough there to be worried about.

AlcoaCat

Club Legend
Jul 23, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
West Perth Cardinals
So pleased Cocky has been named. Absolutely loved him at Geelong and was so sorry he never could get his body right. You fixed Linc, another favourite of mine, so here's hoping that Nakia goes on to have a stellar career with you. I'm cancelling everything to watch this game.

lioninthesand

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 22, 2016
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

Why? why would I not be realistic and analytical about where we are at?

I am bullish medium to long term, 5 weeks ago I had us flag faves.

Why, given our very inconsistent (sometimes horrible) form lately and injuries would I be blindly optimistic on a forum where we are supposed to discuss our chances in depth?

Our best wins it tomorrow by 5 goals, but we are struggling to deliver our best - hopefully, we click and put in a strong road performance.

Our form was bad but our worst loss was a 5 goal loss to a team who played their very best football of the last two years. As we saw last night, that level of form is very hard to sustain and they got beaten by an average Carlton.

Our losses were average, but getting back to our best from our perceived worst is not a mountain to climb, but a hill to walk. We will be back to our best and I'm confident we'll do it heading into finals.

Anyone know if we flew out yesterday or were schedule to today? If it was today game is in serious doubt.
There were teams from Melbourne flying down to Tassie during their lockdown that has just ended, so can’t see why it shouldn’t go ahead.
But who knows?

bato

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 7, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Denver Nuggets, Novak Djokovic
The boys departed a few mins ago.

Screenshot_20210731-111507_Chrome.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

bungalow_bill

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 11, 2010
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Why? why would I not be realistic and analytical about where we are at?

I am bullish medium to long term, 5 weeks ago I had us flag faves.

Why, given our very inconsistent (sometimes horrible) form lately and injuries would I be blindly optimistic on a forum where we are supposed to discuss our chances in depth?

Our best wins it tomorrow by 5 goals, but we are struggling to deliver our best - hopefully, we click and put in a strong road performance.

This is my default attitude at present. We should win but who knows.

I think on current form we win this by 5 goals.
At our best we win by 10.

I hate having expectation like this :eek:

but screw it. With Nakai in there, our midfield will be UNBEATABLE
Probably single figure possessions but we have to roll the dice and hope he can move up a gear..comparing to a few teams we def need something extra

Nov 26, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
There were teams from Melbourne flying down to Tassie during their lockdown that has just ended, so can’t see why it shouldn’t go ahead.
But who knows?
From the article
Brisbane has been allowed to land in Tasmania on Saturday morning ahead of its clash against Hawthorn in Launceston on Sunday after a short hold-up on the tarmac. That match will go ahead as planned.

The boys departed a few mins ago.

View attachment 1191979

I'm reasonably sure the players wouldn't have been on that flight. Could be wrong, but I think the AFL directive from a month or two ago was that all flights were to be chartered from now on, with no teams catching public flights anymore.

md20

Club Legend
Apr 24, 2020
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Ive been very critical of us the last few weeks but i am more confident this week. I feel like that second half played us into some form, as well as played some individuals into form/gave them a confidence boost.
J. Berry started to find the ball a bit more in that second half and showed glimpses he could be working back to his potential after stringing a few games together.
I honestly wanted Fullarton dropped and never seen again for the rest of the season after the Tigers game but he also showed something in the Suns game and may improve on that performance this week as its another game under his belt.
Neale was quiet last week and its rare that he is down for long so expect him to also add another level this week than to previous.
Im not impressed with the Robertson dropping, but the rest may be good for him. Will also be good to see Cockatoo in action.

30-40 point win for me.

pauldrc

Cancelled
Dream Team Club Board Winner Brisbane Lions - Charlie Cameron Player Sponsor 2020 Dream Team Club Board Winner Brisbane Lions - Charlie Cameron Player Sponsor 2019 Brisbane Lions - Hugh McCluggage Player Sponsor 2018 Brisbane Lions - Hugh McCluggage Player Sponsor 2017 Brisbane Lions - Allen Christensen Player Sponsor 2016 Brisbane Lions - Dayne Beams Player Sponsor 2015 Brisbane Lions - Pearce Hanley Player Sponsor 2014 Brisbane Lions - 2013 Elliot Yeo Player Sponsor Brisbane Lions - 2013 Daniel Rich Player Sponsor Brisbane Lions - Tom Rockliff 2012 Player Sponsor Brisbane Lions - Tom Rockliff 2011 Player Sponsor Brisbane Lions - Brisbane 2010 Player Sponsor
Aug 17, 2009
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
GC Suns
FWIW wouldn't be surprised if we drop this one.

Just feels like we are now out of the race for this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back