Votes: 10 58.8%
  • Gold Coast

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Average game aside from the first quarter.
23k crowd. Quiet apart from a few nice moments.
Windy and just awful, cold weather.
Skills down across the board.

If it was a calm day we'd have shat that in by 150 points.

You could smell a 10 goal last quarter...like I said though the conditions were horrid and that wind was insane. at one point looking at the flags, one was blowing north and the other south. Certainly impacted both team's transition.

We also had 69 inside 50's total. There was huge periods in the second and third quarter where we were kicking it long into 2 on 1's, 3 on 1's, not putting it out to the advantage of Hogan or TMac, or simply kicking back to a Suns player filling a hole.

There were other times we were spotting players up well, however a number of those marks inside 50 were from players already inside the 50 chipping off to someone else. In the second Garlett did it three times off marks already inside 50. Just cause it says 28 doesn't mean each of those were entry kicks being marked.

EDIT: Adding - Gold Coast also had 46 rebound 50's ... plenty were being bombed long to packs or no one in particular.
1st quarter: Composed inside 50, smart footy. 9 goals.
2nd quarter: Wind made it very tricky. Very hard to spot up a target and they actually worked pretty well to get a few marks inside 50.

3rd quarter: complete trash. Awful long bomb footy. Not made any better by some poor contests from Jesse and some players getting in each others space. Really bad quarter
4th quarter: did pretty well given both sides were going through the motions and we had often had spares back to take the pace out of the game

It's still a weakness, but apart from the 3rd quarter I thought we did pretty well.

1st quarter: Composed inside 50, smart footy. 9 goals.
2nd quarter: Wind made it very tricky. Very hard to spot up a target and they actually worked pretty well to get a few marks inside 50.

3rd quarter: complete trash. Awful long bomb footy. Not made any better by some poor contests from Jesse and some players getting in each others space. Really bad quarter
4th quarter: did pretty well given both sides were going through the motions and we had often had spares back to take the pace out of the game

It's still a weakness, but apart from the 3rd quarter I thought we did pretty well.

Oh I'm not saying we didn't play well for big periods of the game and hit up targets in the forward 50 but Dez!'s post "28 marks inside 50 in total, that's exceptional and clearly demonstrates that at no stage today were they just bombing it inside 50 thoughtlessly" is just ridiculously wrong and I had to point it out. I think he needs to rewatch the match. I mean he's saying that marks inside 50 "clearly demonstrates" no stage we bombed it in to the 50 thoughtlessly :drunk:.

This is disgraceful. Time to wind up the gold coast experiment!
What did you expect when our whole spine (May, Thompson, Swallow, Jack Martin, Lynch (yes i know he's leaving), Day, and then Peter Wright) were all injured and not playing. Besides the disgraceful first quarter we put in a good effort considering we had one of the worst 22 I can ever think of in our short history.

Back