Round 20: Melbourne vs Hawthorn - MCG - Rd 20, 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

I am thinking that it was a 'gimmy game' like the point where you decide to take pity on a team/club
and say well we gonna lead and then drop 'dead' and take the accolades of the loss like a man and
then well who knows what happens.

Surely that wouldn't happen?

lol, the way North look tonight they just might. But am still going with very doubtful for that scoreline.
North are shot. Hawthorn are just too good to roll over after one less in close to the 3 months. They're on top for a reason, they'll bounce back to the tune of a 10 goal win next week.

Well of course, no s**t. When you win three on the spin the equalization measures in place ensure it is hard to get the best kids. And that is fine.

Not everyone gets access to academy stars to regenerate a list on the go. Its what makes winning three in a row so impressive

This is why we're being linked to Crouch, Mitchell, JOM and Prestia when paper sales are down.
I'd take 3 in a row (plus 08) over not having a few big bodied mids over the next 2-3 years!

North are shot. Hawthorn are just too good to roll over after one less in close to the 3 months. They're on top for a reason, they'll bounce back to the tune of a 10 goal win next week.
Yep, Nrth looking ordinary and I can understand you are happy to finally knock the Hawks off, but spare me the genuflecting.;)

Alright Geez there is enough dee stroyation of us here.

It is one game and it is only one game out of ten years.

Don't get all carried away with it... they have a lot to learn and well it ain't going to be easy.

I recommend that for their sake and ours that we shut down the trickle of euphoria for the time being. It won't last...

Don't get all carried away with it... they have a lot to learn and well it ain't going to be easy.

I recommend that for their sake and ours that we shut down the trickle of euphoria for the time being. It won't last...
...yeah nah I'm going to enjoy this for at least a week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It isn't just this one game though, Melbourne have overturned a lot of terrible records in the past two years: beating Geelong at SS; winning games on the trot; winning at Etihad; beating Hawthorn after 13 losses. They also should have beaten WC at Subi for the first time since 2002.

They've stood up in 2015-16 more than the previous 8 seasons. There's a lot to like, but admittedly a long way to go.

It isn't just this one game though, Melbourne have overturned a lot of terrible records in the past two years: beating Geelong at SS; winning games on the trot; winning at Etihad; beating Hawthorn after 13 losses. They also should have beaten WC at Subi for the first time since 2002.

They've stood up in 2015-16 more than the previous 8 seasons. There's a lot to like, but admittedly a long way to go.
Absolutely but of course I look at my own teams progression and the like.

The point made is absolutely true and that is that they are making big strides in the realm of defeating big teams all the way and
enjoying it and not seeing it as a big surprise. that is the point. They believe that they can win or at least are starting to believe it.

These things don't happen all of a sudden nor do they keep happening each week or even do they win without expecting it to happen.

I don't like Melbourne because they nearly stole my club twenty or so years ago but I have relatives who support the club and wouldn't wish anything harsh on me so well I feel torn.

So now after our success I can at least feel good that the Demons are doing better. Even if a little bit stilted in that support :)

Roll West Coast at Subi? I doubt we will even start favourites even if west coast are still average away from home.
Average would be too kind to describe their last home game, we just managed to steal the loss.

Roll West Coast at Subi? I doubt we will even start favourites even if west coast are still average away from home.

Have you watched us play this year? We haven't been in form all year, and even though Hawthorn have dropped off a bit from 2015 they should be good enough to beat us.

Last edited:
Obviously disappointed with my lot.... However a big congratulations to the Dees.... People forget how long they have struggled for and its good to see them up and about. A lot to be excited about in that group of players. Special mention to childhood mate Sam Weideman! Great to see you debut champ.

To my boys the Hawks, pull ya finger out!

Ignore him, he thinks Cam Schwab was good

Yip some of us have the ability to support the club thru thick or thin ... & remain positive. No vitriol from me directed to anybody inside the club ... todays game who a huge reward for the "true believers" as Roos would say ... hahahaha

Penny dropped for you yet? Dont think it ever will.

Last edited:
Name a club board that doesn't think they get the Raw end from the umpires?

Not everybody are sheep and follow the herd ... blaming umpires part of human nature, says more about the posters than anything else.

But I will say I dont think it will change ... well I hope it never changes

I'm still basking in the glow of that, this would only be the second time we have beaten the ladder leader in over a decade

We have a genuinely tough inside midfield now
Petracca, Vandenberg, Brayshaw, Viney, Tyson, Jones, Oliver
That's some tough mofos who took full advantage of Gawns dominance

Apart from some turnovers which weren't that costly anyway I don't think we could have played a better game and it shows how good the Hawks are that they kept kicking goals

Remove this Banner Ad

Back