News Round 20 PORT vs Bombers changes

Remove this Banner Ad

Lycett was dropped because Ladhams needed game time and they obviously felt that Ryder was in better form than Scott.

I know Ryder isn't the flavour of the month right now, but he has had two pretty decent weeks IMO and was particularly good against Essendon.

Lycett was dropped because Ladhams needed game time and they obviously felt that Ryder was in better form than Scott.

I know Ryder isn't the flavour of the month right now, but he has had two pretty decent weeks IMO and was particularly good against Essendon.
He was horrible vs GWS. Our forward line was absolutely toothless and he was a big reason why we lost. 1 behind and 1 contested mark is nowhere near good enough.

Being a ruck for 30% of the game and jumping over tired rucks that Lycett and Ladhams have been working over all game and then doing absolutely nothing else for 70% of the game should not be acceptable.

He was horrible vs GWS. Our forward line was absolutely toothless and he was a big reason why we lost. 1 behind and 1 contested mark is nowhere near good enough.

Being a ruck for 30% of the game and jumping over tired rucks that Lycett and Ladhams have been working over all game and then doing absolutely nothing else for 70% of the game should not be acceptable.
Fair enough if you disagree, I just thought Ryder looked a bit better than Lycett against GWS and IMO Scott’s numbers only looked better because he played more on ball.

Ryder has never been a great key forward and I think it was reasonable to give him the benefit of the doubt that he would play better alongside Marshall and Dixon. His ruck work is still elite, particularly at centre bounces.

I’m certainly biased by the selections TBH as I tend to assume the coaches have good reasons for what they are doing. Some people are more neutral (I reckon this is yourself) and others are the opposite and look to justify whatever the coaches didn’t do.

Either way I love that we have gone from one ruck to three since last year, and I reckon Sam Hayes isn’t far off a debut either!

Fair enough if you disagree, I just thought Ryder looked a bit better than Lycett against GWS and IMO Scott’s numbers only looked better because he played more on ball.

Ryder has never been a great key forward and I think it was reasonable to give him the benefit of the doubt that he would play better alongside Marshall and Dixon. His ruck work is still elite, particularly at centre bounces.

I’m certainly biased by the selections TBH as I tend to assume the coaches have good reasons for what they are doing. Some people are more neutral (I reckon this is yourself) and others are the opposite and look to justify whatever the coaches didn’t do.

Either way I love that we have gone from one ruck to three since last year, and I reckon Sam Hayes isn’t far off a debut either!
If Ryder was fit enough to last the majority of the game in the centre and do what he does, and Lycett was up forward for the majority of the game and was not taking marks/hitting the scoreboard, I'd be aiming the blowtorch a different way.

His agenda is that he and another poster named wayb2912 have been s**tcanning Lycett from the moment he stepped into the club for reasons known only to them, I can only assume some sort of personal grudge.

No because dropped is dropped

If an AFL registered player is rested they still collect match fee

Do you think for a minute player , players agent ( who I know ), or AFL players association would stand for this for a minute if not genuine dropped .

I more amused by people who can't accept it even more so given Way match panned out.

Personal grudge most unlikely , I drank
beers with Scotty at East Perth ( where I spent 8 hours most match days) and if I called him when in Adelaide, when he could have a beer, he'd welcome it .

Dropped is dropped

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Says he's connected to SPP

Has a grudge against Frampton too apparently

Haha I'm not connected at all to SPP aside from seeing much of him okay through the grades with East Perth. I was "told" I was a relative so many times this forum I jokingly said I was .

In general you'll find my comments are very much slanted to the WA boys where I know quite a bit that's going on . WA much like SA , small insular place where it's not hard to get to know agents , players , ex players . Twin goldfish bowl

Do you think for a minute player , players agent ( who I know ), or AFL players association would stand for this for a minute if not genuine dropped .

I more amused by people who can't accept it even more so given Way match panned out.

beers with Scotty at East Perth ( where I spent 8 hours most match days) and if I called him when in Adelaide, when he could have a beer, he'd welcome it .

Dropped is dropped

Bought plenty of chicken at his/ fathers shop in Wembley

"If the document says the causa mortis was 'suicide', even though there were three shots, all on the back of the deceased, it was suicide."

If Port has declared Lycett was omitted, even though this doesn't make any sense whatsoever, he was omitted.

You all stop bringing facts, logic, and common sense to the discussion! This is BigFooty. You all should be ashamed of yourselves!

Dropped is dropped

You're dodging my question hard.

Why was Lycett dropped, in your obviously well connected opinion?

I couldn't disagree more. I thought Lycett had a much more effective game while watching at the stats back that up. Lycett had 22 hitouts to Ryder's 20, but had 10 hitouts to advantage to Ryder's 3.

He also had plenty more of the ball and much better disposal efficiency. Took a few good intercept marks and used the ball well as he always does.

I'm happy to agree that Ryder is as much a victim of our forward line strategy as anyone, but to drop Lycett so we can get the Ladhams/Ryder combo going is like dropping Boak so we can see how Rockliff and Drew work together.

No. Can't see it Macca.

If he was also getting his own possessions I could accept it, but he doesn't.

Worried about his tank and speed too.
Seems I could be wrong, and I love being wrong in these circumstances.

Obviously delivery into the forward line was a focus, and his delivery was excellent.

Keep that up and he has to stay.

I couldn't disagree more. I thought Lycett had a much more effective game while watching at the stats back that up. Lycett had 22 hitouts to Ryder's 20, but had 10 hitouts to advantage to Ryder's 3.

He also had plenty more of the ball and much better disposal efficiency. Took a few good intercept marks and used the ball well as he always does.

I'm happy to agree that Ryder is as much a victim of our forward line strategy as anyone, but to drop Lycett so we can get the Ladhams/Ryder combo going is like dropping Boak so we can see how Rockliff and Drew work together.
I mean I’d prefer Ryder over Lycett up forward and Ladhams over Lycett as main ruck is also fine given their relative form.

I think there is too much focus on Lycett versus Ryder as main ruck. Ryder isn’t playing that role right now.

Players - especially young ones - should be given the opportunity to play AFL in their best position. Ladhams deserved the chance to play number one ruck and I thought he outperformed Lycett’s last game which is fantastic given the difference between SANFL and AFL.

Yeah you could shoehorn Lycett into a role he hasn’t played all year up forward, but why?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I mean I’d prefer Ryder over Lycett up forward and Ladhams over Lycett as main ruck is also fine given their relative form.

I think there is too much focus on Lycett versus Ryder as main ruck. Ryder isn’t playing that role right now.

Players - especially young ones - should be given the opportunity to play AFL in their best position. Ladhams deserved the chance to play number one ruck and I thought he outperformed Lycett’s last game which is fantastic given the difference between SANFL and AFL.

Yeah you could shoehorn Lycett into a role he hasn’t played all year up forward, but why?
Lycett has been in our top 5 players this year. He should be the No.1 ruck and Ladhams should be the fwd/ruck.

Lycett > Ryder in the ruck because Ryder can't go most of the game. Ladhams > Ryder around the ground, up forward and as a contested mark.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back