News Round 20 PORT vs Bombers changes

Remove this Banner Ad

Ken is an absolute w***er. I used to give him the benefit of the doubt but the double standards and bulls**t are a joke.

He Gave Westhoff 7 weeks to turn his form around (after a good round 1 display).
He gave Motlop a month when he was utter dross
He has given Sutcliffe a month when he has done zero. Additionally, he did nothing to warrant selection.
Frampton banged the door down and got one week.
Ryder has not deserved a call up

I could go on and on

Get your head out of your arse. You are being completely unfair to Ken.

Frampton got two weeks. :p

I totally agree. All the rubbish he is copping on here because he has done the job asked of him over the last three weeks is really un called for. Move on people. He will never be the big star everyone expects on their team but he will always do his job and be positive and reliable. For some reason people think stats are the benchmark. They aren’t.

You're missing the bigger picture. When cam got elevated most people were supportive. He is great break glass depth with experience and a natural leader for our young guys in the Maggies.

He also hasn't been awful for us.

The issue is a history of shocking selections over the past 5 years by a coach who has repeatedly failed to develop players, particularly forwards, and who holds some players and player types to a much higher standard than others.

For the first time in a while we are in a position where we could be playing a bunch of people and yet we aren't.

Cam isn't like for like replacing anyone, he isn't the best available talent, he has zero potential for future development and he has put in performances which would have seen others dropped.

If we had a longer injury list and he was playing nobody would have an issue, and the negativity going his way has nothing to do with him and everything to do with our selection policy.

SAME TIME LAST YEAR...
Same OppoNent - same sh1t - different year :rolleyes:
==
Port coach excited at Frampton's AFL debut
  • Steve Larkin

Billy Frampton is finally set to debut for Port Adelaide.

Port Adelaide coach Ken Hinkley says he's excited about the AFL debut of ruckman Billy Frampton against Essendon on Friday night.
The 21-year-old West Australian has been picked to debut as Port seeks to salvage their season.

The Power, to sneak into the finals, must down Essendon at Adelaide Oval and hope Geelong lose to lowly Gold Coast on Saturday.
Hinkley said Frampton's debut, in his fourth season on the Power's list, will allow lead ruckman Paddy Ryder to be deployed in attack more frequently against the Bombers.

I was livid last year when Frampton wasn't being given opportunities. Ken gave him a token game as Ryder was cooked and the season was done and dusted.

With the omissions this week Ken is pissing on our backs and telling us it's raining.

The quote that Lycett is “a little off his best” is infuriating.

Westhoff would have played about 42 games instead of 260 odd if he was held to the same rules

Try picking on/offs

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Ken is an absolute w***er. I used to give him the benefit of the doubt but the double standards and bulls**t are a joke.

He Gave Westhoff 7 weeks to turn his form around (after a good round 1 display).
He gave Motlop a month when he was utter dross
He has given Sutcliffe a month when he has done zero. Additionally, he did nothing to warrant selection.
Frampton banged the door down and got one week.
Ryder has not deserved a call up

I could go on and on

Brilliant post!
Ken is like the uncle who has overstayed his welcome.

It really looks like they have just let Ken have his way with selections. Instead of saving Ken from himself, the idea seems to be to give him plenty of rope, even though not much is needed. Ryder over Lycett, Sutcliffe's continued selection, reactive instead of proactive selections, overloaded defence, the works. There's no premiership in these selections.

I think the team is on the precipice of a complete collapse a la the Collingwood game last year.

We are where most pundits predicted and may surpass predictions yet .

All kids never they need to earn it and in addition not be destroyed by being promoted ahead of current capabilities and body readiness

We have proven the pundits right. That's disappointing.

Still, everybody here has always said that we are a 6th-11th side, because that's the "Hinkley's Zone" no matter what. The pundits were never far from the mark.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The other aspect of saying Lycett has been ‘off’, just as with the dropping of Duursma, there is no SANFL game for him to gain form or work on things. So next week, when he inevitably comes back in, it just makes a mockery of the whole situation.

Now I can understand the Lycett out for a rest and retain Ryder this week for experience as we are bringing in Ladhams and Marshall who have less than 15 games between them and Dixon who hasn’t played much.

I could also understand the retention of Sutcliffe in those circumstances but we have perhaps our most experienced side out there. Really we are missing Wines, Burton, Watts, Motlop and Ebert, line ball where the last three sit in the side these days anyway. Now actually would be a great time to reward an Atley or Drew and let them be defensive run with players. Considering we are playing three tall targets up front, having an extra crumber would be sensible too, so Farrell or Woodcock. As I’ve said multiple times, get Garner in down back to free up DBJ, Houston, Burton, Bonner, Hartlett etc. Particularly this week with Essendon’s multiple fast smalls. If the Howard forward experiment has been deemed a failure or put on ice, throw him into the backline - you know that position where you deemed him experienced and important enough to captain the side.

Yet McKenzie and Mayes are the emergencies. Two guys who I’m hard pressed to find a reason to keep on the list for next year. We don’t have a SANFL game either so it’s not like you’re depriving a junior of a game of footy by taking them to Melbourne. And what role would either of these two play? Surely allowing Atley and Drew some time at home would have been just as reasonable.

You are probably right which makes Hinkley's statement all the more perplexing. Why mention form and upset the supporter base? why not simply say something like, 'Scotty picked up a niggling knee injury a few weeks back and had a sore shoulder so we thought we would give him a week or two to get back to his best'. The Magpies have a bye so Scott isn't going to play this week anyway. Unless of course you are trying to show the world how ruthless you can be.

Because if you take the soft approach and lie using rested Lycett collects his match fee . KH just being honest

It really looks like they have just let Ken have his way with selections. Instead of saving Ken from himself, the idea seems to be to give him plenty of rope, even though not much is needed. Ryder over Lycett, Sutcliffe's continued selection, reactive instead of proactive selections, overloaded defence, the works. There's no premiership in these selections.

I think the team is on the precipice of a complete collapse a la the Collingwood game last year.

Boys did well

Boys did well

A great win covers for a disappointing loss. We’re still in negative territory and sitting outside the 8. Team has underperformed over a number of seasons and the senior coach has to wear that.

Because if you take the soft approach and lie using rested Lycett collects his match fee . KH just being honest

So you're arguing that Lycett needed to be dropped on form? Coming off being the best ruckman on the ground against GWS, both statistically and from watching the game?

If, hypothetically, Lycett does need to be rested due to niggling injuries and we're naming him as omitted so he doesn't collect a match fee, we're a nasty bunch of campaigners and the Players Association should tear us a new arsehole.

So you're arguing that Lycett needed to be dropped on form? Coming off being the best ruckman on the ground against GWS, both statistically and from watching the game?

If, hypothetically, Lycett does need to be rested due to niggling injuries and we're naming him as omitted so he doesn't collect a match fee, we're a nasty bunch of campaigners and the Players Association should tear us a new arsehole.
Yes. They just don't want the oppo to think he will be carrying anything going into the next few games, which he will be. Anyone who thinks any different is a fool. He was just rested knowing we had weaker oppo ruck's on a fast hard deck, plus a hugely in form ladhams. It was the perfect week to rest a ruckman who has a couple of sore spots and has carried a huge load for months on end.

Seriously can't believe the way people have sooked about this obvious resting of Lycett this week.

Assuming Lycett is injured/rested - this is getting closer to a decent side, albeit with a side dish of Sutcliffe/Hinkleyball craziness thrown in.

Replace Jonas with Howard, and Sutcliffe with Garner/Atley/Drew/carbon rod and its starting to resemble a structured football side...

Lycett dropped

I'm wondering if there's any connection with what another poster mentioned about match payments - a player still gets them if "rested" rather than "omitted". Perhaps this is the Club's way of minimising costs?

As if , player , player agent , players association would step straight in

Or huge win

Lycett dropped

You've been flogging this horse all day. Let's get your position on the table then.

Why was he dropped?

The reason everybody thinks he was rested is because a) a few interviews have suggested he's carrying niggles and b) We were playing a team with a terrible ruck division and c) He'd be top 5 in our B&F coming off of a good game.

Why do you think otherwise? Because they said so? They said Duursma was dropped too and he came back in without playing an SANFL game. The coaches say a lot of things which are total bullshit.

You've been flogging this horse all day. Let's get your position on the table then.

Why was he dropped?

The reason everybody thinks he was rested is because a) a few interviews have suggested he's carrying niggles and b) We were playing a team with a terrible ruck division and c) He'd be top 5 in our B&F coming off of a good game.

Why do you think otherwise? Because they said so? They said Duursma was dropped too and he came back in without playing an SANFL game. The coaches say a lot of things which are total bulls**t.

His agenda is that he and another poster named wayb2912 have been shitcanning Lycett from the moment he stepped into the club for reasons known only to them, I can only assume some sort of personal grudge.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back