Preview Round 20 Richmond vs Fremantle @ Optus Stadium, Sun 1st August, 5.10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will we be the first team to win the flag after sitting 10th late in the season?
We were the first team to ever win the flag after finishing 13th the previous year.

Us and the legendary Brisbane team of the early 2000s are the only clubs in modern history to come within one win of a four-peat.

History will show this group and these players to be Richmond immortals.

One thing I can guarantee is that we won't be the first team to win from 10th late in the season if we chuck in the towell.

We were the first team to ever win the flag after finishing 13th the previous year.

Us and the legendary Brisbane team of the early 2000s are the only clubs in modern history to come within one win of a four-peat.

History will show this group and these players to be Richmond immortals.

One thing I can guarantee is that we won't be the first team to win from 10th late in the season if we chuck in the towell.

I agree with this sentiment - but our approach to trying to pull off this miracle is well off the mark. Dimma kept saying the players can't wait and expect the switch to just "flip itself". I poersonally think that stab is more appropriate pointed at him - how Georgie and Aarts keep getting games in the fwd half is ******* ridiculous. I want to believe in the miracle mate, we all do - but something obviously needs to change and be done different otherwise we are just fooling ourselves and going down with the ship.

Blind faith is not going to get us a 3peat or any renewed faith or pride.Its going to take guts, balls & an x-factor we haven't seen yet. Without it, we are just dying a slow and not particulary dignified death

the other thing with dropping Aarts and George, is you need small fwds to replace them, as we can't change a gamestyle overnight...

The options IMO would be send baker fwd for one of them at least, especially now Rioli has gone back...

But unless MRJ is ready, there's no one to replace the other one.
Rather get games into young kids who have the talent then keep giving games to plodders like Aarts and George.

If Shedda's ankle is okay and Prestia is ready to go, then surely one of George and Aarts has to come out this week?

There's no way we can drop Parker ahead of them, and Ross was close to our leading possession winner.

Don't really care which one goes out. Provided we don't get any more injuries, I'd probably look to replace the other one by sending Stack forward when Vlastuin is ready to return (if he even makes it back).

With Broad a likely return do we replace Catagna with Garthwaite in the forward line? He has the tank to do the defensive running and was playing in the forward line in the VFL
Garth can actually kick a goal so with Georges form or lack thereof that's a great start !!

All players that have played more senior footy than RCD, Naish, Ross, CCJ, Parker, Dow, Mansell etc. Not only do they some of their top 5 players out in Fyfe, Waters out - they also have a good chunk of their 18-28 roster level guys out - so they are having to dig pretty deep to name a decent side as well.

FFS, we are playing Freo without Fyfe & Waters- its literally the first 2 players i worry about when we play them. There is no way we can blame injury against a sub-par team with a good chink of injuries too - our 22 will be far better in reputation than theres, without a doubt

Do we claim we are worse off because we are missing Naish Rcd Dow or Cj etc ?

Fyfe & Walters have been absolutely sh!t this year and honestly by their performances they wont be missing much

I thought Parker played with intensity, at least. I'd keep him, but less time in the middle, more time HFF. IMO, Cotch needs a spell. It's pretty hard watching the champ like this.

l.

If we go in with anymore of 2 of Castagna, Parker, Aarts & Ross again.... you got to wonder wtf Dimma is trying to prove here. Its so bloody bad to watch - how RCD is missing out on games over any of these lamb-shankers is beyond concerning. He has better skills, goes in equally as hard, lays more tackles & kicks just as many goals, more inside 50s, more clearances - the only thing that he probably concedes in is a lack of tank. But honestly, I would rather see 2 &1/2 quarters of good footy from RCD than 4 more shitful quarters from these guys have mainly been providing us.

Do we claim we are worse off because we are missing Naish Rcd Dow or Cj etc ?

Fyfe & Walters have been absolutely sh!t this year and honestly by their performances they wont be missing much

I cant even be bothered replying to your junk anymore. FFs if you are happy with this team below with Prestia & Broad returning
Screen Shot 2021-07-28 at 7.21.33 pm.png

Losing to this team below, which i would rate as a being the worst of any team that will likely be named on the weekend - then you honestly think we are truely ****ed

Screen Shot 2021-07-28 at 7.19.54 pm.png

I look at those 2 teams and think we should have 18 of the best 30 players on the ground at any one point in the game, far out - arguing this with you is bloody depressing.... We could have up to SEVENTEEN blokes who played in our GF team last year in the side ffs

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's quite easy to give up but the tough clubs will keep going and that's what we're trying to do," Hardwick said.

"We'll keep pushing for our fans, our players, our families and our organisation as hard as we can until that flame's extinguished.

"It's an enormous challenge but there's no doubt we're up for it.

"We've been in challenging situations before and this is another one of those. It's a measure of us, so we'll see how we go."

Tigers - never give in.

It's quite easy to give up but the tough clubs will keep going and that's what we're trying to do," Hardwick said.

"We'll keep pushing for our fans, our players, our families and our organisation as hard as we can until that flame's extinguished.

"It's an enormous challenge but there's no doubt we're up for it.

"We've been in challenging situations before and this is another one of those. It's a measure of us, so we'll see how we go."

Tigers - never give in.
Yep, he truly pushes hard for his family must be exhausting at his age.

You "personally don't want us to make finals" ? And "do we really want to" ?

I wonder where you were for those 37 years where we made finals TWICE !

Soooo you're saying we should deliberately lose the last four games ?

Or are you hoping we lose the last four games ? A Richmond supporter actually wishing finals away. I never thought I'd see the day.

Or are you suggesting we TANK (rest the old blokes and play kids who aren't ready, aren't match fit or haven't earned a game) ? You're aware of course what that does to the culture of a club right ?

So what exactly are you saying ?

Because it doesn't really make sense to me that you're a supporter but you don't want us to win. What is that ?

Yes I'm pissed off with the way a lot of posters here are giving up. The club hasn't given up so why are "supporters" throwing in the towell ??

******* embarrassing.

Spot on, I wouldn't mind us missing finals.

This doesn't make me less of a supporter. I want us to win flags and I can't see us doing it this year.

I’d like to see the team have a full off season where they can rest up and reset from what has been an ordinary year.

Most players are carrying injuries, and this year it caught up with them. For example, Lambert had an injury in the 2020 season and his recovery time pushed into the start of the season this year, not to mention Edwards and Houli who were carrying minor tissue injuries that evidently blew up once they started playing this year.

A full preseason will mean the players will be fresh going into next year (something we haven't had since start of 2017) and will be beneficial to some of the older players.

IF this happens than I would fully expect us to make finals and contend for the flag next year. It’s not a matter of me (or others) giving up hope, it’s just a matter of perspective and looking at all the possibilities.

The alternative is that we push our players in the run to September, rush our injured players in, maybe win an elimination final then get booted out in a semi against one of Melb, Dogs, Bris, Port etc.

Realistically I think that's what will happen, but I wouldn't mind us missing out entirely either, imo more can be gained from missing finals than playing finals.

Spot on, I wouldn't mind us missing finals.

This doesn't make me less of a supporter. I want us to win flags and I can't see us doing it this year.

I’d like to see the team have a full off season where they can rest up and reset from what has been an ordinary year.

Most players are carrying injuries, and this year it caught up with them. For example, Lambert had an injury in the 2020 season and his recovery time pushed into the start of the season this year, not to mention Edwards and Houli who were carrying minor tissue injuries that evidently blew up once they started playing this year.

A full preseason will mean the players will be fresh going into next year (something we haven't had since start of 2017) and will be beneficial to some of the older players.

IF this happens than I would fully expect us to make finals and contend for the flag next year. It’s not a matter of me (or others) giving up hope, it’s just a matter of perspective and looking at all the possibilities.

The alternative is that we push our players in the run to September, rush our injured players in, maybe win an elimination final then get booted out in a semi against one of Melb, Dogs, Bris, Port etc.

Realistically I think that's what will happen, but I wouldn't mind us missing out entirely either, imo more can be gained from missing finals than playing finals.
Or maybe we sneak into the finals and win four of them…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back