Preview Round 20 Richmond vs Fremantle @ Optus Stadium, Sun 1st August, 5.10pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 6, 2019
Murfreesboro, TENN
AFL Club
Richmond
Bear in mind, Perth has had constant rain for three weeks and plenty more forecast for the weekend.
Tacklers and small players would be more valuable than talls.

Yes .... Aarts attack and the fumbler Castagna were brilliant last week in the wet against Geelong.
Titmus and McKeown-like the way they took to the water.
In fact, I hope it snows in Perth. The only conditions those two haven't failed in as of late.

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2009
tigerland
AFL Club
Richmond
Have we considered that perhaps the way we play makes it extremely hard for our forwards?

Lets face it the only one that doesn't cop consistent abuse for being s**t is probably Reiwoldt.

Rioli copped it. Now Aarts & George. Lynch cops it. And from a simple view, they all do seem to do jack s**t half the time (except for lynch probaby). I'll admit I don't rate Aarts, and to a lesser degree George, but rioli and lynch are two very talented footballers.

Remember when Dimma spun that line that 'yeah you know Lynch could go kick 5 goals a week, take big marks, for some other team etc etc). Fair enough Dimma , but someones gotta kick goals. And it seems the majority of our forwards are playing some 'praised role', 'taking one for the team', where they're doing everthing right but yes.... they don't kick goals. The same sort of spiel was spun about Rioli at some point but in the end he was eventually dropped and rebranded so obviously he wasn't playing his 'role' brilliantly afterall.

Lsta062

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 15, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea, LA Lakers, Western United
Not surprised but oh well. I don’t care anymore. As long as it leads to a win this week. We’re in trouble for the rest of the season anyway if we can’t beat Fremantle with our named side. Despite our injuries, we still would have more top players named because of how extensive their injury list is as well.

A must-win game.

Lsta062

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 15, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea, LA Lakers, Western United
Have we considered that perhaps the way we play makes it extremely hard for our forwards?

Lets face it the only one that doesn't cop consistent abuse for being sh*t is probably Reiwoldt.

Rioli copped it. Now Aarts & George. Lynch cops it. And from a simple view, they all do seem to do jack sh*t half the time (except for lynch probaby). I'll admit I don't rate Aarts, and to a lesser degree George, but rioli and lynch are two very talented footballers.

Remember when Dimma spun that line that 'yeah you know Lynch could go kick 5 goals a week, take big marks, for some other team etc etc). Fair enough Dimma , but someones gotta kick goals. And it seems the majority of our forwards are playing some 'praised role', 'taking one for the team', where they're doing everthing right but yes.... they don't kick goals. The same sort of spiel was spun about Rioli at some point but in the end he was eventually dropped and rebranded so obviously he wasn't playing his 'role' brilliantly afterall.
I agree, the way we play does make it hard for our forwards. The only way we can change it with the current rules in my opinion is to bring in better skilled players. Unless the rules go back to what they were (very unlikely to occur), there isn’t an easy fix to our forward woes this season unfortunately.

Grrr

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
mildura
AFL Club
Richmond
Let me guess, incredulity that Aarts and Castagna weren't dropped ?

Melted cheese lol
Well when the young blokes who are lining up each week and not getting a game decide to leave, I hope you are so chipper. Their managers will shop them around because they will get a bigger cut when they sign for more money, and they will get a go, Butler, Markov, Ellis, Higgins, all getting regular games. Then when the cupboard is bare and even Dimma has run out of patience with footballers who have done very little to nothing to warrant their selection are dropped, what then. It's okay to stick up for players, good players eventually turn form around or get dropped, Caddy for one. But not always it seems.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2007
Willy back beach
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton FC Williamstown FC
IMG_20210530_170334.jpg

tenor.gif

Charlie Pannam

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Well when the young blokes who are lining up each week and not getting a game decide to leave, I hope you are so chipper. Their managers will shop them around because they will get a bigger cut when they sign for more money, and they will get a go, Butler, Markov, Ellis, Higgins, all getting regular games. Then when the cupboard is bare and even Dimma has run out of patients with footballers who have done very little to nothing to warrant their selection are dropped, what then. It's okay to stick up for players, good players eventually turn form around or get dropped, Caddy for one. But not always it seems.
Yeah well said.

And it’s hard to be critical after 3 flags , but we are absolutely stagnating playing these 2. Let’s start planning now for a shot at another flag next year.

Aug 25, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
Yes .... Aarts attack and the fumbler Castagna were brilliant last week in the wet against Geelong.
Titmus and McKeown-like the way they took to the water.
In fact, I hope it snows in Perth. The only conditions those two haven't failed in as of late.
Didn't think it looked that wet, but given who was in the selected 26 they weren't going to bring in Miller or CCJ. Maybe you could make case for Caddy but not the other two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back