Round 20: The Green is back for Retro Round

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 18, 2013
Perth WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Also I'm pretty sure the last time we wore the green was one of our most dockery moments in history. Round 22 1997.

We needed to beat the bottom of the ladder Melbourne Demons to make the finals for the first time in our history. Of course we had an injury crisis at the time, and of course we got smashed by 10 goals. Classic.
I remember our second ever win in that jumper was against Geelong, and we kicked something like 9 goals 22 points for the entire game.

In the third quarter, Winston Abraham (I think) had just won the ball for the umpteenth time across half back... And clear as day - one of the commentators then piped-up, saying "My God... If they had a forward line, they'd be dangerous."

26 years later... still the same bloody problem. 😂😂😂

You gotta laugh right? Either that or take up drinking heavily 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

estibador

purple haze
Mar 2, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool, Cowboys, Packers, Scorchers
Also I'm pretty sure the last time we wore the green was one of our most dockery moments in history. Round 22 1997.

We needed to beat the bottom of the ladder Melbourne Demons to make the finals for the first time in our history. Of course we had an injury crisis at the time, and of course we got smashed by 10 goals. Classic.

As frustrating as that was I also remember I had an attitude of 'shrug... oh well... clearly we're going continue our trajectory and storm into the finals next year and every year thereafter'.

Sigh.

MadEyeEmmy

Club Legend
Sep 13, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
I want them to release some retro style beanies and scarves. Not a fan of wearing guernseys as a lass, too much squashing of boobies.

Retzlaff

Club Legend
Jun 8, 2006
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
We really should do this retro thing properly and have Todd Ridley and Phil Gilbert run out for us this weekend
in: ridley, gilbert
out: colyer, tucker

someone had to do it

As frustrating as that was I also remember I had an attitude of 'shrug... oh well... clearly we're going continue our trajectory and storm into the finals next year and every year thereafter'.

Sigh.
I remember our second ever win in that jumper was against Geelong, and we kicked something like 9 goals 22 points for the entire game.

In the third quarter, Winston Abraham (I think) had just won the ball for the umpteenth time across half back... And clear as day - one of the commentators then piped-up, saying "My God... If they had a forward line, they'd be dangerous."

26 years later... still the same bloody problem. 😂😂😂

You gotta laugh right? Either that or take up drinking heavily 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
the more things change, the more they stay the same.

Some sizes already sold out

How can they sell out of large within hours!

Gonna have to wait for a restock
frankly i'm impressed that only the smalls and the 4xls are left

I want them to release some retro style beanies and scarves. Not a fan of wearing guernseys as a lass, too much squashing of boobies.
the club clearly listens to you, they’ve released retro beanies and scarves as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aug 16, 2009
UK
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Dragons FFC, Old Easts
Actually giddy.

Screenshot 2021-07-27 at 10.19.45.png

Aug 16, 2009
UK
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Dragons FFC, Old Easts
Oh God, they're now selling a long sleeve version of the 1995 wool version with the original AFL and Hard Yakka logo. $250 is a lot without knowing how it will fit but I've been waiting for this years. Just hope wifey doesn't see how much I'm spending on this.
Welp... *unzips*

Apr 8, 2008
PollieCentral
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fulham/76rsPhilsNovaDrexel/Atalanta

Remove this Banner Ad

Back