Trades Round 20 Trades - The "Screw You Guys, I'm Going Home" edition.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pendlebury - Marshall at F5
Bianco - Schoenberg for F6 (fu** it)

Finally got all my rookies off field - yay... (please ignore the bevy of dodgy mid-pricers and underperforming premos :grimacing:)
Matt Crouch likely to play this week might effect Schoenberg.

Think I’ll say thanks to big Sean Darcy for the great ride and jump off. I honestly thought my luck had run out with him at several points on the weekend. Turns out it didn’t, but that day is fast approaching and I don’t want to keep tempting the fantasy gods. Besides, he’s sharing duties with Meek even if he does keep playing. Marshall looks like a great cash grab for him, especially playing against Carlton this week who have been absolutely decimated in the tall bloke department.

For my other trade I’ll get rid of the bane of my existence Menegola (wtf was I thinking… but still, watch him go 120+ now I’m trading him) and I’ll hold my nose and bring in my least favourite AFL player Tom Mitchell :sick:

Long story short:
Darcy -> Marshall
Menegola -> Mitchell

Leaves me with Taranto, Kennedy, Newman and English as my most pressing problems to deal with but hey any of those could go well on a given week

Matt Crouch likely to play this week might effect Schoenberg.

Shouldn’t they be getting games into the kids at this end of the season with no finals in play? Seems a really silly decision bringing back a guy like Crouch with nothing really to play for?

(Not disagreeing with you btw, I’m more questioning the Crows match committee and their decision making)

Shouldn’t they be getting games into the kids at this end of the season with no finals in play? Seems a really silly decision bringing back a guy like Crouch with nothing really to play for?

(Not disagreeing with you btw, I’m more questioning the Crows match committee and their decision making)

This will soon start to be another issue we have to deal with.....

The Crows have made some howling decisions this season. Expect more!

This will soon start to be another issue we have to deal with.....

Just on this, you would think the Dockers will be a fairly easy team to score against for the last few rounds. Finals are all but done and their midfield/senior players have been decimated (especially if Darcy goes too). They have a real cue in the rack look about them. Pity that it’s the fantasy irrelevant Tigers playing them this week but Brisbane/WC/St Kilda should all get a nice boost against them in the 3 weeks after that

Any suggestions here? Completely stuck. Only have 35k ITB.

Options I'm looking at are:
1. Pendles & Ridley --> Schoenberg & Whitfield
2. Pendles & Serong --> Marshall & Sidebottom (leaves $0k ITB)
3. Pendles & Serong --> Schoenberg & Tim Kelly
4. Pendles & Mitchell --> Zorko & Whitfield
5. Pendles & Taranto --> Zorko & Tim Kelly

4 & 5 are a bit leftfield.

Unfortunately cashing in a bench rook only gets Pendles up to Darcy ($744k) and he feels too risky ATM. Otherwise could go Ziebell instead.

View attachment 1187748
Option 2 if Sidebum stays in the mids with Pendles out

Just on this, you would think the Dockers will be a fairly easy team to score against for the last few rounds. Finals are all but done and their midfield/senior players have been decimated (especially if Darcy goes too). They have a real cue in the rack look about them. Pity that it’s the fantasy irrelevant Tigers playing them this week but Brisbane/WC/St Kilda should all get a nice boost against them in the 3 weeks after that
Instead of Whit im looking at Lyons for Pendles.. just to give me some enjoyment in next weeks game when he's running rings around us at Optus

Going back and forth on whether to grab Crisp or not. Bit of rain and Mayne back doesn’t bode well. However in great form and Eagles give up points to his type

Also the Pies are back to that slow ball movement game with a million +6s for very little ground gained. It’s absolutely awful to watch… unless you have Crisp. Then it suddenly becomes a thing of beauty

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Instead of Whit im looking at Lyons for Pendles.. just to give me some enjoyment in next weeks game when he's running rings around us at Optus

Do it. I have absolutely loved owning Lyons this year. He’s unique (by top-end premo standards anyway), has a fantastic floor and a darn good ceiling too. Won’t make you tear your hair out the way Whit will either.

Actually my rule going forward is no players with names ending in -field.

Last edited:
Going back and forth on whether to grab Crisp or not. Bit of rain and Mayne back doesn’t bode well. However in great form and Eagles give up points to his type
He might actually buck his trend and score ok this week. We allow a lot of ball out of the back 50.

By "trend" I mean most past Crisp owners know he'll score 120, 70, 110, 80, 100, 70 etc.

Last 7 weeks this year are

He does this more than any player I've owned or kept tabs on.
FWIW, I think he'll score well this week.

He might actually buck his trend and score ok this week. We allow a lot of ball out of the back 50.

By "trend" I mean most past Crisp owners know he'll score 120, 70, 110, 80, 100, 70 etc.

Last 7 weeks this year are

He does this more than any player I've owned or kept tabs on.
FWIW, I think he'll score well this week.
That’s the thing I’ll be mighty pissed if I trade him in on his 70 day. Early season wouldn’t matter that much but at this point you need them to go bang immediately

That’s the thing I’ll be mighty pissed if I trade him in on his 70 day. Early season wouldn’t matter that much but at this point you need them to go bang immediately
I used to say he won & lost me league games on alternating weeks.
My upgrade of Houston won't be Crisp. It's finals time for leagues.

Need some advice.

My most pressing issues are;
Pendles, Hind, Houston

Pendles goes to Marshall. Almost a straight swap thankfully!

Around 170k cash left... I have two options that I like:
- Hind to JDG, play Houston in defence
- Houston to Whitfield, play Bramble and bench Hind

Bramble's last 3 have been pretty decent plus I can actually bench Hind and loop him if he scores well

I used to say he won & lost me league games on alternating weeks.
My upgrade of Houston won't be Crisp. It's finals time for leagues.

Totally fair point, usually he’s up and down like a yo-yo. Devil’s advocate though, last year he probably would have won finals for coaches off his own bat. His last 4 scores unadjusted were 116, 121, 88 and 87. That comes to an adjusted average of nearly 129 :oops: So he has shown on occasion he can string it together when it counts

Don’t think I can watch him in pain like that again mate
Matter of time before they put him on ice imo

think it’s the week to get whit back after I swore to never have him again only a fortnight ago 😂

I agreed with everything up until you mentioned Whitfield, but since I won’t own him he’s actually a great pick up for you. Guaranteed to go 150+ when I don’t have him 🤣

Don’t think I can watch him in pain like that again mate
Matter of time before they put him on ice imo

think it’s the week to get whit back after I swore to never have him again only a fortnight ago 😂

atm i'm thinking of Pendles & Haynes > Whitfield & Sharp but that would leave me with 2 rookies on-field instead of one although Sharp's scoring premo right now, certainly better than Haynes is.

Need some advice.

My most pressing issues are;
Pendles, Hind, Houston

Pendles goes to Marshall. Almost a straight swap thankfully!

Around 170k cash left... I have two options that I like:
- Hind to JDG, play Houston in defence
- Houston to Whitfield, play Bramble and bench Hind

Bramble's last 3 have been pretty decent plus I can actually bench Hind and loop him if he scores well

I’m probably the wrong person to comment given I’m biased against Whit, but I would go option A. De Goey has been amazing lately. The fact he had a bad game on the weekend and still got 90+ is a great sign; that would have been a 50 stuck at full forward earlier in the year. Hind would have been a great hold if the Dons were playing at Marvel as planned but I think it’s time to move him on now that it’s up at the Gabba

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back