Trades Round 20 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Super stuck
First trade locked in Big O > Abbot
Not sure what to do next, still have 2 rookies on field

Option 1: Rice to any defender under 532K (leaves 1 rookie on field: Narkle)
No defenders take my fancy

Option 2: Rice via DPP to any forward under 532K (leaves 1 rookie on field: JSmith)
ANB, Milera, Orazio? Again, no one really takes my fancy

Option 3: Stef to Grundy (leaves 2 rookies on field: JSmith & Narkle)
76K for next week

Last edited:
I need help, sitting 834th and trying to push for top 500 or so.

Thoughts at this stage

Mihocek - FWD Rookie (likely Baker)
Ahern - Dunkely, benching Toby McLean and keeping him for bench coverage through finals

Or

Mihocek - Rookie
McLean - Dunkley, keeping Ahern on the bench to upgrade to Macrae next week (benching Wines maybe)

Just typing it out I'm leaning to option 2

Right, got it all planned. Nothing can possibly go wrong.....

This week
Big O to $170k rook.
Neale to Cripps. I really feel that Hutchings will go to Neale.

That leaves me with $200k in the bank allowing me to go Goldy to Grundy and Parker to Macrae the next week.

Thoughts at this stage

Ahern - Dunkely, benching Toby McLean and keeping him for bench coverage through finals

Or

Mihocek - Rookie
McLean - Dunkley, keeping Ahern on the bench to upgrade to Macrae next week (benching Wines maybe)

Can’t you do option 1 then get Macrae next week anyway?

Like one of AHern or McLean is out this week for Dunkley, the other is out next week for Macrae? Seems the same to me!

Food for thought: Titch will likely be >950k at the end of r22, regardless of scores, given his BE is 'only' 109.
Given he is playing away to Sydney in r23 (scored 58 against them earlier this year, Hewett tag etc.), could you possibly consider a downgrade option to someone with a great final fixture? Geelong v GC, Carlton or Adelaide players, Collingwood v Freo etc.

Should give you a stack of cash to upgrade your weakest link / player with bad matchup for the GF round.
Means Titch + weakest link vs 2 players with an good matchup.

Food for thought: Titch will likely be >950k at the end of r22, regardless of scores, given his BE is 'only' 109.
Given he is playing away to Sydney in r23 (scored 58 against them earlier this year, Hewett tag etc.), could you possibly consider a downgrade option to someone with a great final fixture? Geelong v GC, Carlton or Adelaide players, Collingwood v Freo etc.

Should give you a stack of cash to upgrade your weakest link / player with bad matchup for the GF round.
Means Titch + weakest link vs 2 players with an good matchup.
This is crazy. So crazy it just might work.
But then do yo dare bet against the Titch? Dilemma.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Super stuck
First trade locked in Big O > Abbot
Not sure what to do next, still have 2 rookies on field

Option 1: Rice to any defender under 532K (leaves 1 rookie on field: Narkle)
No defenders take my fancy

Option 2: Rice via DPP to any forward under 532K (leaves 1 rookie on field: JSmith)
ANB, Milera, Orazio? Again, no one really takes my fancy

Option 3: Stef to Grundy (leaves 2 rookies on field: JSmith & Narkle)
76K for next week
I like option 3. Grundy has scored second most fantasy points this year.

Bank 76k and reload for another premo next week - just a suggestion

I’m in Europe currently so can any of you boys and gals tell me why everyone is trading out McLean? Role change or something? Doesn’t seem to be scoring that poorly from a glance
No idea, people go crazy at the end of the year. I mean look a few posts above someone wants to trade out titch in the last round lol.

First week of my cash league finals and this is a BIG decision.

Do I pick up Shaw or Hurn for D6?
They will likely be upgraded later on regardless so it's just a stepping stone for this week.

Thoughts at this stage

Or

Mihocek - Rookie

Ahern coming off a breakout 37 possie, 118 DT and you're deciding between trading him out or benching him? :huh:

They will likely be upgraded later on regardless so it's just a stepping stone for this week.
Hurn averages the most against Freo so he must like the derbies.
Last 3 against Freo are 124 (this year), 137 & 90.
Hard to ignore that 137 wow.

Shaw's last 3 v Carlton 98, 42, 74

If only a stepping stone, you don't want to lose too much cash.

Have decided to go with Crouch this week in the showdown, who I think will be massive due to it being a showdown, over Macrae. 'Crae looks the most likely for a Jack Steele tag this week and according to Calvin from the traders, has only tonned up once against the Saints in his last 7. Couple that with the possible return of Jacobs next week for North, and I'd rather be conservative and see how he goes this week and if Jacobs returns next week.

McInerney > Abbott
Neale > Crouch + 116K remaining

Have decided to go with Crouch this week in the showdown, who I think will be massive due to it being a showdown, over Macrae. 'Crae looks the most likely for a Jack Steele tag this week and according to Calvin from the traders, has only tonned up once against the Saints in his last 7. Couple that with the possible return of Jacobs next week for North, and I'd rather be conservative and see how he goes this week and if Jacobs returns next week.

McInerney > Abbott
Neale > Crouch + 116K remaining

Just a reminder that SPP went to him after half time last showdown and kept him to 37 points in the second half. He might go to him again, but at the start this time.

No idea, people go crazy at the end of the year. I mean look a few posts above someone wants to trade out titch in the last round lol.

First week of my cash league finals and this is a BIG decision.

Thanks brother!

Personally think Hurn is the better option as is playing out of his skin at the moment

Can’t you do option 1 then get Macrae next week anyway?

Like one of AHern or McLean is out this week for Dunkley, the other is out next week for Macrae? Seems the same to me!
Could do, but I guess the thinking for me was if I keep Dunkley i'm going to keep him as Bench cover as handy Mid/Fwd I can swing through my benches throughout the finals (whereas I would be upgrading Ahern next week to Macrae and benching Wines or Sidebottom which is a bit more of limited coverage).

i dunno, you're probably right there isn't too much difference.

I guess for week one of finals the quesiton is really... what is better - quality bench cover and no cash or upgrading premiums ot better premiums and keeping cash in reserve.

Ahern coming off a breakout 37 possie, 118 DT and you're deciding between trading him out or benching him? :huh:
He's been on my bench for 5 rounds.. when you have a full team of premiums you're not going to play Ahern who averages 65 over someone like McLean ro Ollie Wines are you?

Due to his low BE i'll probably keep him over McLean this week as McLean is dropping in cash. He'll still be on the bench though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back