Trades Round 20 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

With COR out I am looking at no bench cover in the backline unless by some miracle Cummings makes the final cut tomorrow arvo.

My initial trades are Big O to Abbot and Neale to Cripps.
That leaves me with $170k in the bank which barring any injuries during the games will give me enough to go Goldy to Grundy and Parker to Macrae next week.

Option 2 is trading COR out, via J.Smith to defence and Neale to Cripps.
This only leaves me with $105k and will only be able to get one of Grundy/Macrae next week instead of both.

What’s the better move? No cover in defence (unless Cummings makes the cut) but the ability to get Cripps this week and both Grundy/Macrae next week.
Or
Still get Cripps this week, cover in defence, but only able to get one of Grundy/Macrae next week instead of both?
I would take the risk with the first option, it looks like that will give you the better side in 2 weeks. JSmith is probably average cover at best. Still though, better than a doughut I guess. Just hope that no def cover is requires this week, bringing in Crae and Grundy will feel awesome next week

Thinking of trying to find someone around 500k in defence, would allow me to go:

Sicily to XXXX
Buddy to Dunkley

While let me keep an emergency in the backline.

Any suggestions ???
Ryan Clarke

Curse of having a team full of premos. Ahern will outscore at least 1 (possibly 2) of my starting fwds this week and I don’t have the balls to bench any of them! Actually need to sideways trade 2 of McLean/Rocky/Shuey/Danger/Heen. Danger was a flog last week but too scared to trade him. Shuey’s only played 2 games in my side and hasn’t really let me down so far. Going to be a hard decision. I want to get in Cripps or Gaff. Anyone know what happened to Cripps before the game last week when he was sent down to the rooms? Oliver also in contention for the instant reward this week

I have Cripps not Gaff. And if I had neither I would get Cripps given Carlton's run home.

Who to bring in for some bench cover down back - Farrell or Johnson? Farrell has the DPP but I feel like only one performance away from being dropped.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I value DPP, and its 'only' 13k difference so Farrell for mine.
However, that 13k could be handy, so don't stress too much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Am thinking this....
Ehh I think Clarke is a bit of a trap tbh. Would rather just field a rookie like Lienert for the week and then make a genuine upgrade to a top 6 fwd. Clarke could easil go back to rookie scores any week now, haven’t heard much about him at all (role change?). Bit of an unknown really

Ehh I think Clarke is a bit of a trap tbh. Would rather just field a rookie like Lienert for the week and then make a genuine upgrade to a top 6 fwd. Clarke could easil go back to rookie scores any week now, haven’t heard much about him at all (role change?). Bit of an unknown really
I'm doing this tbh so I can nab Simmo and finish my team next week.
If it comes down to a must win week then I reckon Clarke is worth the gamble.
If not then you can get away with Lienert for a week who should be good for at least a 60.

I had COR last week, failed miserably..... Had Ahern in mids the week before - same deal.... I just don’t know if I can trust more rookies for their scoring...

Thinking was to get more of a 75 min score from someone, then step up next week. Trade would be for one week or so max....

So Sicily to Clarke this week, pocket a price rise (hopefully), then Big O to Abbott and Clarke to Premium (Lloyd, Witherden etc) next week

Curnow to Macrae done & dusted..
Speaking of dust, I still have Martin. :(
(With Prestia out I'm gambling on Martin getting to 100 at least, otherwise, he'll promptly return to "premo trade bait #1" where he's been most of the year)

Last edited:
1 more s**t show from Dangerfield tonight and he'll drop below a 100pt average (sitting at 100.2)
McLean has already dropped under the 100avg.

Leaving only Devon Smith & Westhoff above 100.
Hoff @ 100.5 could give it up also.

If Barlow returns with a 120, he'll be in rare company.

2018, the year of the forwards. ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back