Trades Round 20 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bailey Sniff worth a look?
Meh Kinda GIF by Cultura

Tossing up between Whitfield, Mills or Flanders for Ashcroft

Leaves me with 2 trades, have no idea whether to hold Walsh or not

Walsh to Parker is something I’m really considering as a POD move. 4 trades left.

Also considering Parish, Treloar and J. Kelly…thoughts?

Two trades left and Mitchell is becoming a liability and a massive anti POD. I didn't think I'd have to do this when he started as the sub but now after being subbed off he appears to be a must trade. The question is what do I trade him to, and with only 32k it doesn't leave me many options.

With Windhager looking solid as midfield cover I could trade him to a defender and loop my weakest two players (Powell and Sheezel) every week with a Whitefield, Wanganeen Milera type. Or I could trade to someone like Flanders or Jackson, one who looks the most in form player at the price and one who I predict will be the most in form player at the price for the rest of the year with Darcy out,.

View attachment 1756474

I toyed with holding Mitchell, but if he fails again this week his price is going to be horrific. I think he needs to go. I've got 3 trades left. I can use two this week, bring in a strong midfield premo then have $100k left for one final upgrade before trades are down to 0.

You're probably in a position where a straight swap to Hewett makes you $$$ and won't lose you any points.

I still need to do one more upgrade. Plenty of cash and 3 trades. Ideally I will trade out Johnson and keep Windhager. Gives me $596k to play with.

Rozee looks a good option but leaves little cash which is important for future injury trades. And I think Butters is better value anyway.

Josh Kelly is very underpriced at $504k and I only need to get 5 games out of him. A decent POD.

Alternatively I could try do something with Hewett, but I'm not sure about him this season.

I like it.
I’d probably take Parish given his draw but Parker is the more exciting option.
I do like Parish, but a weird thing of mine is to not have 2 players from the same team in the same line - already have Merrett.

I’ve just had another thought…
Walsh + Day > Parker + J. Kelly
Leaves me with 2 trades left for 4 rounds of finals…does that leave me too exposed?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Luke Jackson a no brainer for Ridley assuming you have the ability to swing players around? Averages well over 100 when Hodor isn't playing and chances are he'll be out for the remainder of the season. Tossing up between him, J Kelly and Touk, that extra 50k could be very handy though to trade Walsh and upgrade Day to practically any two players I want.

Is Luke Jackson a no brainer for Ridley assuming you have the ability to swing players around? Averages well over 100 when Hodor isn't playing and chances are he'll be out for the remainder of the season. Tossing up between him, J Kelly and Touk, that extra 50k could be very handy though to trade Walsh and upgrade Day to practically any two players I want.
I’m doing it. Wanted to do it last week for Green but then Ridley and Walsh went down so I had to hold off.

Ridley -> Jackson
Walsh -> Libba

Although it is tempting to go
Johnson -> Hewett and bench Walsh

I’m doing it. Wanted to do it last week for Green but then Ridley and Walsh went down so I had to hold off.

Ridley -> Jackson
Walsh -> Libba

Although it is tempting to go
Johnson -> Hewett and bench Walsh
I also considered that but I only have 3 trades and Hewett probably wont be a viable M9 loophole option once Cripps, Walsh and Cerra are all back. Im holding Walsh this week because ive already locked in my finals spot and knowing my luck whoever I bring in for him this week will get injured, but it will be between Libba, LDU or Parish next week.

Really struggling out of these 4 to trade Walsh for.

LDU - Huge scoring potential with most of his low scores coming when he was injured, but will he remain uninjured?
Serong - Another huge scorer but has dropped off later in the year. 3 Games in perth but also games against Geelong at Geelong, brisbane and port.
Parish - Strong run home, has the scoring potential.
Touk - Known scorer but getting purely on past seasons as his scoring hasn't been great since he returned. Saves a bit of cash though.

Still trying to decide whether to use my 2nd last trade on Rowell to Serong/Miller/Butters/Steele

Close matchups in 2 leagues that likely determine whether I make finals, but am I better off carrying 2 trades into the final 4 rounds?
Help appreciated 😇

Still trying to decide whether to use my 2nd last trade on Rowell to Serong/Miller/Butters/Steele

Close matchups in 2 leagues that likely determine whether I make finals, but am I better off carrying 2 trades into the final 4 rounds?
Help appreciated 😇
If you can do it in one trade, I'd trade. Pick your poison if you do. Good luck

Only 1 trade left.. with Walsh on the chopping block..

Johnson to Hewett to cover Walsh while he’s out or:

Walsh to Steele/Parker? Run home doesn’t look great for both…

Only 1 trade left.. with Walsh on the chopping block..

Johnson to Hewett to cover Walsh while he’s out or:

Walsh to Steele/Parker? Run home doesn’t look great for both…
I personally like option 1.

I think Walsh will be out for 2 weeks. When he's back you'll hopefully have Hewett as cover for another injury.

Trading out Walsh will leave you vulnerable to donuts in the last couple of weeks.

I personally like option 1.

I think Walsh will be out for 2 weeks. When he's back you'll hopefully have Hewett as cover for another injury.

Trading out Walsh will leave you vulnerable to donuts in the last couple of weeks.

Would it change your thinking if I have cover in the form of a mixture of Cunningham, Cincotta and Maric for all lines with DPP?

Would it change your thinking if I have cover in the form of a mixture of Cunningham, Cincotta and Maric for all lines with DPP?
Yep it does. Another option is just using Cuningham to cover for 2 weeks and not trading.

Thinking about it, I'd probably go Hewett still. A lot of the best teams are going 23 or even 24 promos for cover. The more depth you've got the better, as there will be more injuries (with 2 weeks ago being a perfect example).

Hewett probably loses you 20-25 points per game on Steele or Parker now? So 50 points down plus a lot more depth for final 3 weeks to avoid a potential donut or two.

NB: Advice only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back